It's Official: The Simpsons is Done After This Season

El Zorro de la Estrella

This is an update on the story I made a topic about the other day, but it's such big news I feel that it should have a seperate Topic.

(Mods can correct me, of course)

http://screenrant.co...-24-aco-135041/

It is a different story than the last one. The other one was about the VA and FOX fighting over money, this one says it's garunteed to be over next year no matter what; though could end this year if the Fox vs Simpsons stuff doesn't resolve itself.

The Cancel of the Simpsons. :(

The End of a era of hilariousness.

All things must come to an end. Like they explained in that Red Dwarf: Back to Earth special (new episode made in 2009 of 1990's sitcom).

'A light that burns twice as brightly lasts half as long.' 'Yeah but the light that burns half as brightly lasts twice long.' 'But the light that burns three quarters brightly as the light that burns twice as long lasts as long as the light that burns four times as brightly as the light that's gone out.' 'I would have needed a calculator for that.'

And the important part

'And you stars have burned ever so brightly, for ever so long. We cannot continue with your series, as the light will only fade away and die.'

Moral: All good things must come to an end. Don't mourn it, I suspect if the series had continued it would have become boring and repetitive. :(

I don't get why everyone's so upset :/

I mean, I respect its longevity, as well as the fact that even after 20 something seasons it wasn't utter garbage, but it's not all that great. Amusing, but like I said: 20 something seasons. That's more than enough material to live off of after it's gone.

I don't get why everyone's so upset :/

I mean, I respect its longevity, as well as the fact that even after 20 something seasons it wasn't utter garbage, but it's not all that great. Amusing, but like I said: 20 something seasons. That's more than enough material to live off of after it's gone.

I have to agree with you here. But I would also like to add something. I watched one of the newer episodes and it was kind of boring. If the choice is between the Simpsons going on like that or ending it, I would choose ending it. It's for the best.

It jumped the shark a while ago. It's time. Fox can put money into fresh new shows, probably several with how much they paid for the Simpsons in the end.

I knew this day would come.

I hope the VAs can come to an agreement, the Simpson's deserves a final season sendoff, not an abrupt cancellation, it would be insulting if that happened.

I knew this day would come.

I hope the VAs can come to an agreement, the Simpson's deserves a final season sendoff, not an abrupt cancellation, it would be insulting if that happened.

Amen to that; it's not that the show shouldn't be ended; it should, but not abruptly like this.

And though it has become a bit stale over the years, it's still MILES better than whatever else is on FOX's animation domination lineup.

Now all we've got is...*shudder* MacFarlane's crap O_o

I think they would've been better off just cancelling the show, but hey that works too, I guess. Think of the jobs they could get VAing on other stuff with their resumes updated.

Not really too sad too see it go. It has plenty of episodes to go around for a long time, nevermind the merch that will be always making money.

Now all we've got is...*shudder* MacFarlane's crap O_o

I just hope one of his shows doesn't fill in for the Simpsons (Like they did the Cleveland show for King of the Hill) although it's less likely to happen since I think he's got enough cartoons to run that are terrible (American Dad is OK but still bad) and...I know!! Let's use a overused joke or internet meme so we 'try' to be funny! (Trololo for example which ironically got featured in a FG episode.)

Plus...we still get Futurama when the Simpsons are gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to the original "official" post The Simpsons have been renewed for another two years. :-)

http://www.theglobea...article2195335/

D'OH!

...what? the article said we could breath that. shut up. XD

in all seriousness, though..yeah, Simpsons may have gotten a -little- stale..but hey, you know what? for something to last 25 years is basically a rarity on itself. these days you don't get much stuff that lasts more than 10 seasons/years.

The funny thing is, The Simpsons started out lame. Then it got better, then better, and then it was pretty funny. Now it's starting to get worse, and worse, and now? Well yeah.

On a side note: I hate family guy. :P