El Zorro de la Estrella

6 Baffling Early Prototypes of Famous Games

Dr. Orange

Mario Bros 2 could have been "Middle Eastern?"

ಠ__ಠ

Milkyway64

I thought everyone by now knew that doki doki panic = USA SMB2 and SMB: The lost levels = real SMB2.

OneUnder

Ha! So I'm not the only one that checks Cracked constantly! ^_^

"User"

I thought everyone by now knew that doki doki panic = USA SMB2 and SMB: The lost levels = real SMB2.

Only reason we didn't get The Lost Levels as SMB2 in North America was because American gamers don't like hard games compared to their Japanese counterparts...or so the Japanese thought. :o

Furygun81

Yes it does seem like common knowledge nowadays. Batman Forever (SNES) was supposed to be a Mortal Kombat type game but they changed it into a sidescroller, but kept the moves and animations from Mortal Kombat. Seriously look up a video of it. Looks familiar right?

[...] gamers don't like hard games compared to their Japanese counterparts [...]

I WANNA BE THE GUY!!!

Gene Inari

The whole 'rhythm game' start for Batman really intrigued me. Makes me really wonder about the creative processes that go on when developing early, early game concepts.

Star Fox Runner

Mario was supposed to carry a gun? That would have been AWESOME, though I admit probably wouldn't have done as well.

The Shaper

Mario was supposed to carry a gun? That would have been AWESOME, though I admit probably wouldn't have done as well.

From a realistic point of view if you can shoot fireballs from your hands you wouldn't need a gun. But if he did have one it would make destroying enemies easier.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• TheRadFox987
      By TheRadFox987
      I think Midna should get her own game and that it would kick major A.
      Just look at this concept cover art for example: vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/15005-t…-returns.png?t=1206153735

We all know her Hyrule Warriors segments were good. All she needs is loads of powers, lots more weapons, and a nice overworld just like what Link gets. Who else agrees?

Discuss.
    • TheRadFox987
      By TheRadFox987
      Has anyone played Zelda BS? How different is it from the original Legend of Zelda on the NES?
      Are there any guides for it? Discuss.
    • fanfictiondreamer
      By fanfictiondreamer
      Ok, so I don't know if you know this, but I have been writing a fanfiction of my own known as the Starfox Journal. It is my own version of the Starfox team's back-story, a prequel for the my story. It involves some elements from the original Starfox story as well as a few elements and plots from my story. It was something that I came up with during my last year in middle school, back when I finally got into Starfox. I knew nothing about the back-story of the Starfox team that was not mentioned, so I decided to write my own story about them containing things that I thought I knew about them and included some ideas that I kind of took from my brother. The story itself seemed a bit amateurish probably because I was still a kid when I wrote it, although there were some improvements made from the original story. I have a few chapters of it published online, only a few people have seen it and I have been very hesitant about sharing this even though this is not the first time I have shared and some of the ideas are kind of ridiculous and easy to anticipate. I know it still needs some improvement and I don't know how to do that. You're more than welcome to read it anytime and give me advice on ways to improve it. I will also be writing short summaries on the story anytime I can.
    • Redeemer
      By Redeemer
      http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/23387/20140609/zelda-majoras-mask-3ds-e3-2014-confirmed.htm

We've been teased to the point of blue balls, but is LoZ:MM finally happening for the 3DS? Give this article a read, tell me what you think. I'm aware that this is really, really, really optimistic but as a rabid fan of this game all I can say is "don't poop on my hype pie".

I swear to god man, if this happens. If this happens. 

I don't even know what I'll do.
    • Dublinthefox
      By Dublinthefox
      Theres a new Mortal Kombat movie on the way, but fear not....this one might actually be good! I turns out that Warner Bros. is teaming up with New Line Cinema to make a brand new live-action Mortal Kombat movie, but they're getting the director who did the excellent Mortal Kombat Legacy web series to head up the project. They want the movie to offer serious tones similar to the Youtube series. Also interesting to note is that they want the movie to come out in 2013 alongside a new Mortal Kombat game.

THIS IS GREAT! As long as that it isn't a movie tie-in game. I'd hate to have another Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game on our hands.

Resource:
      http://latimesblogs....ts-partner.html