Pgpaw3

What do you think about the new pokemon?

Pgpaw3

Interested to hear about what other people think about the newer pokemon and pokemon games, and when you think they ran out of or will run out of ideas for pokemon.

I think the new games are good but I thing after Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald there creativity was lost.

And yes I know a 17 probably shouldnt be playing pokemon, but I still enjoy it so I dont care.

Dr. Orange

There's too many pokemon already. :/

Furygun81

Soon they're gonna run out of colours, they've had to resort to Black and White... I can't wait for Pokémon Poopy Brown myself!

But the pokémon games have been getting worse and worse, I actually prefer the card trading game to the video game!

The first movie was one of my favourites (I still have the VHS but I don't has a VCR to watch it...) and my favourite Pokémon game is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team. It's fun that you're not playing as a trainer, and I got to use my favourite pokémon (Cyndaquil!!!)! Anyway, :offtopic:

The new Pokémon is getting kinda repetitive, it's always the same deal, you're a trainer you catch pokémon etc...

Dr. Orange

I think the new games are good but I thing after Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald there creativity was lost.

Agreed.

(Oops almost double post. :P)

Furygun81

^ Lucky I was there :)

OneUnder

I just ignore anything past the original 151 that I remember from the good days of watching the first season of the anime.

The last Pokemon game I played was Fire Red, and it was fairly decent IMO; they seem to be getting more ridiculous by the minute though.

Rin

I chose to skip Pokemon Black and White. And I make it a point to get at least one of each generation of Pokemon games.

I'm sure you can tell how I feel knowing that now.

Drasiana

Black/White was actually significantly better than Diamond/Pearl, actually, and I'd prooobably put it above Ruby/Sapphire too, which I found pretty unmemorable. I liked how the plot was pretty much about PETA trying to take over the world, and I loved the Pokemon designs for the most part. I think as long as they keep the terrain, the story and the tasks interesting, the games will stay around. They also need to keep getting good designers; maybe they should hire some folks off deviantArt, there are some fantastic Fakemon swimming about.

myu

First 151 pokemon, nothing past yellow. Everything beyond that is a lie for me D:

though I will admit that I've seen some of the newer pokemon, and some are cute, I guess, which is the only things that matters because I am a girl.

Furygun81

WHY IS EVERYONE TYPING 'POKEMON' AND NOT 'POKÉMON'!!!!!!!

Sorry but it's just one thing that always sits at the back of my mind and really niggles at me. And come on it's not even hard you just hold down ALT and press the letter 'e' and bingo -> 'é'.

Xortberg

Because it's not that simple, really. Alt+e opens my browser's options. If I want é I have to copy and paste it from somewhere else, and I'm sure that some people don't want to hunt down an example of the "correct" spelling just to satisfy you. Everyone knows that Pokemon is Pokémon. Even my spell checker does - it says the "correct" spelling is wrong.

So yeah. Calm down.

Furygun81

Alt + e just makes é for me, I don't know why it doesn't for you.

Oh wait a second. You don't has a Macintosh do you. Come to think of it, not many people do.

:offtopic: I'll shut up now. Here's my reply

Soon they're gonna run out of colours, they've had to resort to Black and White... I can't wait for Pokémon Poopy Brown myself!

But the pokémon games have been getting worse and worse, I actually prefer the card trading game to the video game!

The first movie was one of my favourites (I still have the VHS but I don't has a VCR to watch it...) and my favourite Pokémon game is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team. It's fun that you're not playing as a trainer, and I got to use my favourite pokémon (Cyndaquil!!!)! Anyway, :offtopic:

The new Pokémon is getting kinda repetitive, it's always the same deal, you're a trainer you catch pokémon etc...

ZM Anonymous

I actually stuck with Pokemon till like the 3rd generation, skipped the 4th generation, and then got Black because I wanted to get a new game for my DS and I hadn't played a DS game in a while. I actually like some of the 5th gen pokemon. Sure the formula is repetitive, but it had a very interesting story and great antagonists, and plus, when you beat the gam the first time, then you can go to the other side of the map and catch Pokemon from your childhood (FUCK YEAH MURKROW)

I will say that they should take advantage of full-fledged 3D Pokemon for the next game.

Plus, what is with the hostility towards the newer Pokemon. Why does everyone have to be a nostalgiafag when they post about Pokemon.

Guest Mr. N

I ignore the Pokemon that arrived when Diamond and Peral came...it's just too many and sooner or later, they will run out of ideas for new pokemon.

Vulvokunvrii

I agree with you Pg: It started going south after Ruby/Sapphire/Emrald. Its just not the same anymore. But that just me.

CyanideX

1st and 2nd gens were the best. I feel like the number of Pokemon should have been left there. Ruby/Sapphire was decent, Pearl/Diamond was horrific (I never actually enjoyed the game), Black/White was surprisingly pretty good.

I get one of the Pokemon games every time a pair is released. From my experience, Gold and Silver were by far the best games in the series.

Nope.

*Looks into the thread*

*Realizes that a some people probably didn't play Black and/or White and are whining about how many Pokémon there are in the last two games*

*Sees Dras's post and sheds manly tears*

Now, on a more serious note, the Generation V games are surprisingly good. More than I expected.

I'm only disappointed about that "Lv.25 Zoroark hurrr Pokémon Event durrrr". IMHO, that could have been a nice side story.

It's like they actually want people to use Action Replay devices.

Pgpaw3

From my experience, Gold and Silver were by far the best games in the series.

I agree

Geo Stelar

I ave played at least one game from each generation, and the game with biggest developments so far were Emerald and Diamond/Pearl. The 'pokemon follows you' feature from Yellow and Heart Gold/Soul Silver shouldn't have been left out in Black/White, so are some of the Wi-Fi features from Diamond/Pearl.

The pokemn games got both worse (in terms of features and online play) but better (in terms of graphics and story and some pokemon) in Black and White.

Pgpaw3

The pokemn games got both worse (in terms of features and online play) but better (in terms of graphics and story and some pokemon) in Black and White.

I also agree with this, to an extent

Rusheo

Its So~So since some of them are really cool then some are just like...Wow really? i prefered the GEN III pokemon overall but Gen V wasnt that bad

Salem

There's too many pokemon already. :/

remember when it was a 150 now is over 400!

AND I GOT THEM ALL!!!!!

Xortberg

It's hard for me to say which generation was my favorite. Nostalgia is strong in me for the GBC games, but I think I have the strongest memories with Emerald. I played it right around the time that I was finally figuring out how to actually be competent at things, and so I had a hell of a lot of fun getting all the legendaries and solving the riddles to get the Regis.

Diamond and Pearl are tricky, since I played that generation after emulators had spoiled me with speedup features and so most of the time I was just hella impatient with the fact that I couldn't push a button and speed through everything. They were good, but I didn't enjoy them as much for that reason. And since I haven't played Black or White yet, can't say anything about them.

I think my favorite would have to be Emerald, with Crystal coming in a close second. But it's difficult to decide :/

Star Fox Runner

While I love Black and White, I'm not really a fan of the new Unova Pokemon, the only ones out of that bunch I really like are the three starter groups, and Zorua, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

For me, my favorite generation will always be Kanto Generation I, the ones I grew up with. (Especially Vulpix and Ninetales.)

Dublinthefox

For me, my favorite generation will always be Kanto Generation I, the ones I grew up with. (Especially Vulpix and Ninetales.)

Kanto was my favorite as well. After the Hoan genreration I stopped paying attenttion to what new pokemon were coming out.

Speaking of Hoan generation, who here liekz mudkipz? ^_^