The fanon flora and fauna collection.

Asper Sarnoff

Confused by the tittle? I bet, so I'll try giving a quick explanation to what this is all about.

Most of our roleplays take place in the Lylat system, a star system consisting of several inhabitable planets. With the exception of Sauria and snippets here and there of the others, the ecosystem of these planets have never been officially charted. Something which can prove a nuisance both when roleplaying or writing fanfics. On one hand, you're pretty much free to come up with whatever you want. On the other, YOU have to come up with it.

This is where this thread comes in. Imagine it sort of like a collaborative RP character thread, but instead of coming up with and posting characters, you post species of animals or plants that you've made up. I'll go over what is posted, approve or clean up, and make a list in this first post with a short description of the entry, making it easier for those looking for something special.

Here's an example I threw together for how this can be done.

Name: The Venomian Ditchswine.

Diet: Smaller animals and volcanised rubber.

Characteristics: Quadrupede. Extremely stocky and compact build, no tail, large head with an extremely wide mouth, filled with large, sharp teeth. Feet on front leg point inwards to each other. Large floppy ears, three small eyes squinting out among the many folds on its head. Large species often exceed 30 kg, but rarely grow over 40 centimetres in lenght. Color is usually light brown with specks of gray. Often have shades of green on its back from algae that manage to grow on its rough skin.

Behaviour: The ditchswine is a highly territorial predator with a vicious temperament. It will often go up against much larger predators to chase them away from their territory, and will more often than not chase away everyone but the most determined attackers.

The ditchswines preferred hunting method is to halfway bury itself in mud, dirt or sand, relying on its camuflage, and wait for a fitting prey to get too close. Given its ferocious appetite and large mouth, that means pretty much everything.

What ultimately gave the ditchswine its name was when the venomian army was out on training excersizes, and several times experienced ditchswines come charging up from holes, trenches and ditches, to embed their teeth into the wheels or tracks of their vehicles, often causing severe damage as they were dragged around into the wheelarches before bringing the vehicles to abrupt stops as they got stuck. Its tough build often saw them surviving such endavours, and then enraged proceeding to chase the terrified soldiers surrounding it.

It's later been revealed rubber plays an important part in the ditchswines metabolism, allowing it to uphold its impressive digestion system that will allow them to eat pretty much anything when food is scarce.

The ditchswine is currently an endangered species due to extensive and systematic hunting by the venomian government to rid the world of this menace.

You can of course make this as extensive or compact as you want.

The important thing to remember is that since this is all fanon, there's no right or wrong way to do this. Given how much many of you seem to enjoy writing character bios you never use, this could prove great fun too.Wink-2.gif If this gets decent responce, I might see about making one for vehicles, weapons and technology in general later.

Exerpt from "On the Origin of Hybrids" By Darehls Charwin

"... And as the Greater Lylatian Anthromorphs Met with the Homo Sapiens, it was inevitable that cross relations would be of consideration. The subject of love is not of our topic, however. The first recorded instance of a hybrid surviving into adulthood has been highly contested. Some say it was A Fox and a human, while others claim it was a Dog and a Human. Some outlandish reports tell of a Half human half Jackel Hybrid, but the almighty knows if THATS remotly true.

Most Hybrids are deformed at birth and do not survive even a few minutes in open air.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:1220369155340.jpg (image is graphic, blood mostly)

However, the occasional Hybrid does indeed survive past its birth. In past years, societal pressure caused them to revert to a more feral sate of mind, quickly being put down by law enforcement. In more recent years, they have been institutionalized as Criminally insain and the keys have invariably been thrown away.

(not sure if on topic or not. Will add another entry in the morrow)

• 3 years later...

I hate to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but this thread hasn't seen any new posts since 2011.  It's also not an RP according to the OP, but rather a thread where individual universes and details can be collected and referenced.

Edited by OneUnder

I hate to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but this thread hasn't seen any new posts since 2011.  It's also not an RP according to the OP, but rather a thread where individual universes and details can be collected and referenced.

Well, can you tell me where there's an  active RP?

Well, can you tell me where there's an  active RP?

​At the moment, it appears as if La Catalina is the only active RP.  I'm sure you know this already, however, considering that you're partaking in it. 

The RP section has been quiet for awhile now, but it does have a pretty dedicated user base.  Why not throw your hat into the ring, think up your own RP, and start a request thread?