Custom starfighters

Geo Stelar

If you were to have your very own starfighter, what would it be like? Here is the posting format:

Name of fighter: ____________

Laser Class: _____________

Lock Type: _____________

Nova Bomb capacity: __

Description: _______________________________________________

What it Looks like: _____________________________________________

Note: You will put how much health and boost your custom starfighter has in the 'Description' area.

Remember: You must, and should, put a certain disadvantage or weakness in your custom fighter if some of its statistics are high (for example, you have a plasma shot, wide lock, and two bomb capacity, but to compensate for its strengths you must have either a low health or a short boost, or you both have a low heath and low boost.) But, if your fighter is as balanced as, say, Dash's Monkey Arrow, you need no longer add a weak point or disadvantage about the craft.

P.S. The statistics should be based on Star Fox Command (this is for those who might want to put a laser class not in Command.)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geo Stelar

• X-Gamer

• Asper Sarnoff

• Kursed

Here's mine:

Name: Sky Acer

Laser Class: Plasma

Lock Type: Single

Nova Bomb capacity: 2

Description: An aircraft with a medium maneuverability, shield meter as long as Fox's Arwing II and a booster meter as long as Dash's Monkey Arrow. It is slightly faster than the Bullfrog and has a slightly less maneuverability than the Sky Claw.

What it looks like: It looks like an Arwing II, only shorter, and the blue parts on its color scheme bears a flame design, and the tips of its wings has a 'missile look' like that of the Monkey Arrow

Name of fighter:AZure nova

Laser Class: Quad

Lock Type:multi

Nova Bomb capacity: 5 if missles are loaded

Description:Cerinian Refit of a human design the Cerinian Veritech is much more powerful then it's earth predecessor.

What it Looks like: 

Ship two:

Name of fighter:Starchaser

Laser Class: Quad

Lock Type:multi

Nova Bomb capacity: 3 if missiles or torpedoes are loaded.6 if not loaded

Description: The Cerinian Starchaser is a medium Fighter with the speed of a lighter one it excels at assault and defensive tactics where it can bring it's four cannons to bare.

What it Looks like: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/Vixen2005/Cerinian%20ships/Starchasertop.jpg

Guest Julius Quasar

I'd get a purple Arwing, with land walker capabilities (from Star Fox 2). 

I'll work on the specs later, I'm pressed for time today. xP

Name: Comet

Armament: Dual Plasma Laser Cannons, Cluster Bomb launcher.

Cluster Bomb Capacity: 3

Shielding: Gravity Diffusion

Maximum Speed: Mach 5.0

Crew: 1

Looks: It's a bit pathetic, my drawing but I have a waaayyy better version in my head.

Side and Top View:

DSC00367.jpg

Advantages: This ship's name wasn't picked at random. The Comet shows amazing fire power and speed when used at its full potential. The owner and maker of the Comet supposedly spent his whole life along with billions of dollars to invent such a fighter. Fighting tactics of this ship fall into the category of a Massive Kamikaze, only without the suicide part. To the few people who know how to properly drive this ship, most strategies are made with a combination of an assualt with Smart bombs and lasers, followed by a quick get away of the speed boost. An addition added to this ship just recently is a small anti-bomb shield, made to get through explosions of fired bombs.

Disadvantages: Although the power and speed are its major, it can also be considered its set back. Only a known number of 5 people in the galaxy can actually fly this fighter. The rest will result with the ship crashing, suicide from their own bombs, loss of rare machine parts (due to damage), and bad accuracy. The health of this ship is also a concern. The owner of the ship is still looking for the part to upgrade the durability of the Comet. The boost may be considered a down fall, but then again, the average speed already acts as it's boost.

Name: Sky Delta

Laser Class: Zapper

Bomb capacity: 1

Description: A fast, maneuverable ship. It resembles the Arwing from Command but has little forward wings (as in Sky Claw) below the main wings and has smaller wings behind the cockpit (like in the Rainbow Delta.)

Its sole weakness is its speed. It is faster than almost any fighter, so you can easily lose control and fail to intercept missiles because it multiplies its speed 2.5 times for each beacon it passes. Only players who have finished Star Fox Command 100% without dying once have the enough skill to pilot this advanced ship. It has a health and boost meter as long as Fox's Arwing II.

X-Gamer already pretty much nailed how mine would be. Probably a different name, but apart from that, exactly the same.

Name: Super Sky Delta

You can only acquire this ship when you are able to finish the game (Command) twice using the Sky Delta, and defeating the Super Sky Delta itself. This rare ship has the second most highest stats:

Laser: Zapper

Lock: Multi

Bomb capacity: 2

Description: The ship looks like the Sky Delta except that the forward wings are now larger and the main wings are smaller.

Weakness: When I talked about you finishing the game twice first means that you must get all the endings twice using the Sky Delta. This ship is rare and powerful enough to deserve this kind of requirements before unlocking.

X-Gamer already pretty much nailed how mine would be. Probably a different name, but apart from that, exactly the same.

Great minds think alike!  :wink:

And @Landwing, Nice designs!

I approve of this thread!

Name of fighter: SF-214 StarCat

Laser Class: Plasma (Think Landmaster cannon- powerful, but slow)

Lock Type: Multi

Nova Bomb capacity: 0 (but has missile capability)

Description: Extremely high boost and speed, medium maneuverability, relatively light shields. This fighter is designed to go fast and blow other craft to smithereens before they have a chance to react. If they do react, the StarCat loses it's advantage, and since it has light armor and can be out-turned, it must use it's speed to get away.

What it Looks like:

StarCat_ink_sketch_by_Showtime1_1.jpg

I've been thinking of creating an "Asper approves!" stamp someday. :lol:

i'll take care of anybody who approves of this topic.

he is asper sarnoff and he approves of this thread.

Hey, I have one in mind:

Here's mine:

Name: Black Star

Laser Class: SF64 Dual Laser Shots.

Nova Bomb capacity: 0 (but locked shot is twice as powerfull if no missiles have been equipied)

Description: A sub-atmostpheric aircraft modified to be able to travel through space.

It has been designed for speed, and thus it exells at it. It is also very manueverable, and that combined with it´s weapons make it a very dangerous ship. Giving the fact that it´s color is a deep black, it´s almost impossible to spot it with no functional radars.

What it looks like: Like a deep dark version of the 'Black Soviet' (The first ship appearing in my avatar).

Weakness: It´s shield gauge is just a bit wider than Slippy´s booster gauge. Giving the fact that the ship is as fast as an Arwing II using boosters, it has almost has no boosters, being able to do just a singe barrel roll before depletion.

I approve of this thread!

Name of fighter: SF-214 StarCat

Laser Class: Plasma (Think Landmaster cannon- powerful, but slow)

Nova Bomb capacity: 0 (but has missile capability)

Description: Extremely high boost and speed, medium maneuverability, relatively light shields. This fighter is designed to go fast and blow other craft to smithereens before they have a chance to react. If they do react, the StarCat loses it's advantage, and since it has light armor and can be out-turned, it must use it's speed to get away.

What it Looks like:

StarCat_ink_sketch_by_Showtime1_1.jpg

i wonder what would happen if the starcat and azure nova worked as a team (Total carnage!)

i wonder what would happen if the starcat and azure nova worked as a team (Total carnage!)

100% pure swing-wing awesomeness.

100% pure swing-wing awesomeness.

There's also the Tiger claw:Owned by Tigress arcnon

The lightning paw:Owned by Akasha Sharavan/Mccloud (Bahh her name is mixed up now)

The blue nova:Kylie(krystal's brother)

all the same model just diffrent paint jobs.

Imagine if all of us who has posted their own starfighters in this topic will create a team! That would be awesome!

Additional note: I will create a topic regarding the idea above, so post there!

Name of fighter: Dragon X-12. (Twelfth experimental prototype in plain english.)

Laser class: Dual plasma cannons.

Lock type: Multi, but works best with a maximum of 3.

Nova bomb capacity: 0, but can carry various combinations of air to air missiles.

Description: Designed from the ground up as an air-superiority fighter, the Dragon makes mincemeat of most opponents in dogfights. The extreme thrust from it's state of the art propulsion system gives it an acceleration almost unheard of, but top speed is somewhat limited due to it's purposefully bad aerodynamics made to make it very manouverable. Firepower is excellent, armor above average.

What lets it down is its enourmeus pricetag, costing more than four new Arwings, it is unsuitable for military forces, and is likely only to be used by very rich private induviduals.

Its also an incredibly difficult fighter to fly and use effectively. Most pilots will have to resort to cybernetic implants meant to enchant reactions just to be able to come close to its potential.

Low production numbers means spare parts are hard to come by.

Fuel consumption is of astronmic proportions.

Looks: General shape is that of a heavily downscaled SR-71 Blackbird, but with the angular plating of a F-117 Nighthawk.

Always stealth black paint.

Name of fighter: Amber Cat.

Laser class: Dual Plasma.

Lock type: Dual.

Nova bomb capacity: 0, but has special anti-stealth missiles.

Description: The Amber Cat was designed to counter the Black Star. While not as fast as the Black Star itself, it can keep track of it, and the Amber Cat is inmune to the Black Star´s radar cloaking, and thus it is able to keep a missile lock on it. It has as much booster power and shields as an Arwing II, and thus it is able to take more hits (and do more barrel rolls, use brakes, and the booster) a lot more than it´s more stealthy counterpart. Also it´s missiles are inmune to any form of cloaking and are highly ECM resistant, thus making very difficult to evade.

Weakness: As mentioned before, it is not as fast as a Black Star and it can be outrunned if it´s pilot is not careful enough.

Also, it´s radar equipment is highly susceptible to damage, and thus the Amber Cat´s radar advantage will be lost if said equipment is destroyed (and thus a Black Star would regain it´s radar-cloak advantage).

Looks: Like the airplane in Showtime 1-1´s signature but with a single cockpit (hope you do not mind Showtime!...[?]) and has the Star Fox logo instead of the skull. Also instead of "Navy" it has writen "Hunter."

Name: Arrow

Laser Type: Single Laser Shot (The one you start out with every SF mission. Just one green laser.)

Lock Type: None

Missile capacity: 1

Maximum Speed: Mach 5.1

Crew: Maximum of 3

Looks: DRL's Avatar's "Black Soviet". Just imagine 3 of them combined like this:

Arrow.jpg

The arrow heads are the Black soviets.

Description: In terms of fire power, the Arrow is pathetic. The design of this ship actually was not made for shooting but for rather melee. The Arrow's speed is insane - for a good reason. The strategy of this fighter is simply to pierce through an enemy's ship, giving massive amounts of damage. Like this:

Look at 2:48 - 3:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iijpgw218K0&feature=response_watch

Despite the damage given to the enemy, the arrow also takes damage. The shield made for this ship lowers that damage. The Arrow also is equipped with one missile, fired when all three "arrow heads" split up to form escape pods.

starfury.jpg

You all are doomed, everything above this post is roleplay roleplay mumbo jumbo nonsense.

starfury.jpg

You all are doomed, everything above this post is roleplay roleplay mumbo jumbo nonsense.

And this Sir, is spam.

It's within the thread rules. I posted my fighter.

And spam by it's very definition is sending bulk indiscriminate messages, that, was only one message.

It's within the thread rules. I posted my fighter.

And spam by it's very definition is sending bulk indiscriminate messages, that, was only one message.

A picture with some gibberish speak under? Please...

It seems more people than me define spam as:

Spam - a post that has no purpose other than to take up space or advertise something

http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?action=rules