Worst of the Worst (Has this been done already?)

Arminius H O Fiddywinks

What is the worst video game you have ever played in your life?

I'm not sure if a thread similar to this has been done already...

Anyway, the worst video game have ever played is Lost: Via Domus. It was just so disappointing and painfully short. It did not do the TV series justice.

Ultimate-Civil-War_PC_US_ESRBboxart_160w

I once bought this game for lie $3 at a shop. I installed it and soon found out it was a real-time strategy game. I was so excited, because the idea of a Civil War RTS sounded really cool. But soon, I noticed something. There was no music. I began to look to see if there was a way to turn on music. There was none. The game had absolutely no music whatsoever. But wait, that's not all! When I tried clicking a unit, it only grabbed a section of men. Apparently whole groups of men were units. That wouldn't be TOO bad, except the game gave me almost no control. Movements were very stiff. I also noticed that there was no base building in the game; I couldn't build up an economy to build more units or anything of the sort. It just gave me a set number of soldiers to move on the battlefield. Turns out the enemy won't do a thing until I move my units towards them; as far as I could tell, there was no real way to fight other then to move whole groups of men straight at the enemy. It was pathetic. No music to make the battle exciting or set the mood, stiff movement that made it difficult to tell my men where to go, and no building...It was a horrible game that felt unfinished. Needless to say, when your advertising your game with its + being "REAL-TIME STRATEGY COMBAT" that's something to think about. There was nothing good about the game.

some Eragon movie game thing

the human race was kicked a pace backwards by it's existence 

Well look at what it was based on. The Eragon movie, aught to give it all you need to no. But I played that game, too, and it ranks higher for me than what I'm going to list.

For the longest time it was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for me, and that's still so up there (like spot 1.5) it deserves an honourable mention.

BUT! It was usurped not that long ago, by F.E.A.R. Online. Nothing about that game was good. At all. I can't even properly describe how bad it was.

The worst game I've played to this point is Sonic Generations.

>BY DEFAULT< - MIND YOU, ANGRY FANBOYS

You see, most of the content of Modern Acts were painstakingly built to be "boost to win because we here at sega know you forgot how to sonic", which is annoying since the most you'll see of platforming will be just boost-flying through the sections, rail sliding or just homing-attack your way which otherwise could be cool implementations but are thrown in because yes.

Also, 2D portions with Modern Sonic.

What even.

Classic Acts are fun to play but still have their failures, mainly the thing that when you see a part that looks perfect to just dash through, sometimes the game goes "nope, that shit ain't happening" and puts a bottomless pit or a spike wall directly in front of it. And of course there's the annoying sections where you literally have to simply hold right directional to get through. It gets boring once it passes the 4 second mark, you know.

The story itself is short and could be otherwise more explored with the whole time travel thing, though it wasn't really developed beyond "bigger bad is behind big bad who's behind bigger bad", and it seems they focused on putting a large number of mini-challenges instead. They're fun-ish and all, but a lot could be used instead of those, such as other playable characters for instance. But that bit is just me.

It's still a decent game. But compared to my gaming standards? Didn't really made it into the top tier.

And yes I'm a retard with high expectations when criticizing games.

because too much critics and review videos made me be pretty pinpointing of errors and mistakes.

when or if they happen.

'course that only happens on the second run of the game.

The first is solely for the "omg new game" hype.

----

But hey, if we're going down that route I could simply say; StarFox: Command.

Though I didn't bother actually playing it past the first 8 minutes.

This is a fun one. I've played my fair share of crap in my life. Starfox command, metroid prime hunters, the gamegear sonic games (The only one I can tolerate is Sonic 1 gamegear) Sonic Shuffle, assassins creed revelations. assassins creed 3... The list goes on and on and on.

Some of you may think it's command, but no actually. You see, I actually BEAT that game (As painful as it was)

Was it metroid prime hunters? Well... That's a hard one. Thinking back on it, my only 2 complaints are the lack of lock on, and some of the things they expect you to do (Like you're in a narrow hall way versing 3 or 4 of the hunters at the same time, you have no room to avoid their attacks, and they EACH have ALLOT of health. (With action replay I may add) 

Gamegear sonic games? I never actually outright HATED any of them per se, probably because given their restrictions, I (want) to understand why they were like that.

AC revelations... I like to think there is a fine difference between bad, and boring. So not revelations

Sooooooo It would appear that the WORST game (I can remember, I swear there's one game that was so bad it's out of my memory banks... But if I forgot the name, then I can't use it) is Sonic Shuffle... OH BOY SONIC SHUFFLE! So what's wrong with this mario party rip off? Well tell me one thing that isn't wrong (Except maybe story... I haven't beat the game)

I'm normally not a fan of luck based games in the first place. But this game is hardly luck based, oh no. You see, the AI cheats. Logically you should win, you got the most rings, you got the most gems, you won the most mini games, you basically did everything required to win. Yet SOMEHOW Tails finds a way to cheat you out of your stuff, beat you, and then you get NOTHING! Now what's the WORST part about this? Each round last about 3 HOURS!!!!! (At least when I played it) So with someone as unlucky as me, this game is literally impossible for me to get anywhere near beating. And a game I can't beat not because of lack of skill, but lack of luck is a game that gets even far worse than ones like superman 64/big rigs/others.

The worst game I've played to this point is Sonic Generations.

>BY DEFAULT< - MIND YOU, ANGRY FANBOYS

But hey, if we're going down that route I could simply say; StarFox: Command.

Though I didn't bother actually playing it past the first 8 minutes.

O.O Of all the Sonic games. Shadow, 06, Labyrinth (Which is a guilty pleasure for me) arguably even heroes, and Generations 360/PS3/PC takes that cake? Even over the 3DS version (Assuming you haven't played the rest.)

The wasted potential on a story is the only true complaint I have. (The other is the slightly off physics for classic Sonic, he has literally just a LITTLE bit more gravity compared to the classics (Jumps you can make in the classics you just miss in generations) I still find myself playing crisis city, Perfect chaos, Chemical plant, Sky sanctuary. (All modern) quite a bit. So... I guess at least a 3rd o... I mean... Alright, I can see why people may not like it XD

Sporebox.jpg

Despite the fact that I still pop it open to play every so often, this is still a massive disappointment. Nothing is fully complete, and the entire game just screams: "HEY, I HAD POTENTIAL, BUT EA NUDGED IN AND RUINED IT ALL" like most games EA publish.

• Like 1

O.O Of all the Sonic games. Shadow, 06, Labyrinth (Which is a guilty pleasure for me) arguably even heroes, and Generations 360/PS3/PC takes that cake? Even over the 3DS version (Assuming you haven't played the rest.)

Well yeah, guilty. x3

I haven't played the WORST games, though I do know what you mean. I'm only the rabid sanicfag that I am here because of the Steam collection.

(...come on, 75% off dudes. It was quite a bargain. .w.)

-----

Also Scourge; bloody hell, you reminded me of that. Makes me shameful of the time I used that as half of my username.

*shudders*

But I can confirm to what you say. The game felt like it had too much content trimmed out (i.e. fleet system, water stage, and the complexity limiter was shitty), plus it was glitchy as shit. I take back my word and say that SG was somewhat lazy on the writing and game design, but it's a work of art compared to Spore, which is a failure of game design itself in most senses due to sheer asshatery.

You guys did not know the shit that was Superman Returns for the DS. It was my first game for it, and even my 10-year-old self hated playing it. The missions were boring and difficult, the overworld was difficult, and it had the mother of all quicktime events. Basically, it was shovelware with Superman slapped on it. And what 10-year-old boy didn't like Superman? I am glad to say I sold it years ago to make room for better games. (I only had so many storage cases.) While I played my share of broken, shitty games, no game left such a nasty aftertaste. Burn in hell, Superman Returns.

Lazer, I would agree with you, but it seems you forgot that Superman 64 existed...I'll just yeah...

The worst game I have ever played? That's actually a tough question to answer. I could break it down by genre I suppose.

FPS - Modern Warfare 3. No explanation needed I hope.

Platformer (side-scroller) - Lion King for the SNES. Questionable hit boxes, and possible button lag...from what I remember anyways.

Game Show turned into a video game - Wheel of Fortune for the PC. I believe the version I had played is about 7-8 years old I believe. Basically my beef with the game was the fact that you could literally sit there for an entire round or two and watch the CPU AI (and by that I mean ONE of your TWO opponents) solve an entire puzzle from start to finish. It happened so often you honestly spent more time watching the CPU play than actually trying to solve the puzzle yourself. I found myself asking way too often "did anyone test the AI"?

Racing - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remake for the 360/PS3. Let's take an incredible trilogy from the NFS franchise and take everything we love about it (racing, and fun tracks) and throw it all out the window. No, instead, we are going to force you to complete mundane tasks like "Get to this checkpoint by a specific time limit" and "Let's throw you into a random pursuit and see how quickly you can arrest the racer". About those race tracks, yeah instead we will give you an "open world" and carve out specific portions of them for you to race on and call them separate tracks. I miss the track specific environments of old NFS games, but that's more in general with modern NFS games than just NFS HP 360/PS3.

(Needless to say, I can't wait for THE CREW to come out later this year...SAVE ME FROM NFS PLEASE)

Platformer (3D) - My choice for 3D platformer has to go to...well actually truth be told, I really can't give this to any game. I've never actually played Sonic 06, so it wouldn't be right to say that without actually having experienced it, and although Sonic Heroes was a "bad" game the way most people saw it, I actually enjoyed it. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I have never truly hated any 3D platformer game I have ever played. From your Mario's to your Crash Bandicoot's, to your Rayman's to your Spyro's to your early 3D Sonic's on the PS1 and PS2...I think it's safe to say that 3D Platformers have actually been the most appealing genre to me overall. However, it is not my favorite genre because the fun often would stop as soon as the game was completed.

Anything I missed? :P

This is kinda hard. Growing up, my brothers and I stuck to the mainstream AAA titles and mostly kept away from the cheap cash-in/obscure games. Thus, most of the bad games I've played aren't bad, but not very good either. I'm also gonna spare you guys and not list crap like CoD. Those are just overrated.

Sonic Adventure (DC)-It sure looked purdy back in the early 2000s, but even then that didn't stop the controls from sucking. Or the game from glitching. Or the voice acting/lipsync from being completely horrid. 

Sonic Heroes (XBox)-Cheesy, boring, and very strange.

Simpsons Skateboarding (GC)-Take all the glitchiness of Pro Skater and add more glitches and horrible controls and physics. The only game I've ever thrown into the garbage.

Madden 2Kwhatever-I don't get sports games. To me, it just seemed like all the tactics of real sports without the fun or physical benefit of actually playing them. I'm not even a sports guy to begin with, so I could care less.

Spongebob Squarepants and the Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (PS2)-It wasn't a bad game or a good game, but I remember that my copy (which I bought new) was screwed up so that the final boss battle kept looping instead of going to the credits. 

Hotel Mario (CD-i)-Yes, I actually played this game before it became the over-played darling of the remix community (friend had a CD-i). Hilariously bad, but still bad.

Finding Nemo (Mac)-It's on a Mac for Christ's sake. That's damning enough.

Need 4 Speed: Hot Pursuit (360/Wii)-Blech. Blech. Blech.

Typing of the Dead (GC)-It's actually kinda fun, but at the same time what the bloody hell.

Soul Calibur: Lost Swords (PS3)-What. The. Fuck.

Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots (GBA)-Like the toy, except not fun or memorable.

Shaq Fu (SNES)-Just kidding it's amazing.

How about CoD: MW3 for the DS? At the time, I was in middle school but did not have an Xbox 360. (We got one a few years later.) At the time, I thought it was cool, as CoD is extremely popular among middle school kids, and this was my way of playing it. Unfortunately, it sucks major dickhole. The controls are not very well suited for the DS, the AI is stupid, the missions are frustratingly poorly designed, and at one point I fell through the ground in a street mission. How do I still have the cartridge?

• Like 1

Turok Evolution (PS2) - I pop this game in every once in a while when I need a reason to hate something.

• 4 weeks later...

Turok Evolution (PS2) - I pop this game in every once in a while when I need a reason to hate something.

Don't you be talkin' shit about the Son of Stone games. Want a bad Turok game, go get the one for Xbox 360/PS3

Worst games i have played are

The Club

Damnation

Edit 1 Shadow Hearts From The New World Got ten minutes into the game and never touched it again to this day

I know i have a lot more but i need to remember them

E.T the Extra Terrestrial. Need I say more?

And Sonic 06 has to be mentioned.

James Cameron's Avatar for the 360 was pretty awful even though the movie was decent.