The post-64 characters.

Giladen

It hasn't been confirmed if this game is a reboot or not. SSB4 went into development too early.

What do you say about the post-64 characters? I honestly expect this game to ignore if not erase most if not all of the post-64 characters.

What does SSB4 have to do with all of this? I feel your post is a reply to someone in another topic.

Too early to tell but I wouldn't exactly bet on them completely erasing post-64 characters if it were a reboot, maybe just retooling them into more sensible roles. Krystal could function more like Katt or Bill, they could still have Andrew go off on his own and replace him with Panther, etc.

I agree, Krystal is better suited as a Bill/Katt type of character.  And perhaps Andrew could be the next big bad.

No idea on what can be done with Lucy and Amanda.

Lucy could easily be a support character like Beltino or Yaru, since she was apparently a scientist first and foremost. I dunno about Amanda though, she was really kind of just shoehorned in there and seemed to have no reason to exist outside of an endless string of "wait, Slippy has a GIRLFRIEND?!" jokes. I really don't remember if they ever bothered saying what her profession even was. Dash was also a really weird character in the sense that there was literally no reason his character arc couldn't have just been played out with Andrew, though he could be fucking great if they ever tapped into the delicious well of potential that would be a Venom leadership power struggle. I think that might be thinking a little big for SFU though.

Characters will appear as they'll be necessary, and their necessity depends highly on how the game is set up--that we don't know much about this really limits the viability of our predictions in who can or won't show up. I'd say don't expect a characterpalooza, but not necessarily because they've been wiped from existence forever, just in that there might just not be room for them depending on the scope of the game.

I'd honestly be a little surprised if the game wandered outside the safe ingredients list of:

-4 Star Fox Team Pilots

-1-2 Star Fox Team Support Crew

-4 Star Wolf Pilots

-1 Mission Dispatcher

-1 Major Villain

-1 Minor Villain

-1-2 Supporting Characters 

Honestly, I'd rather have fewer characters with purpose than a bunch of characters whose sole purpose is just to exist because they were in a previous game.

Also, given that this has already been confirmed to not be a story-focused game, I would not expect a large cast of characters.