A Fox in Space

Fredryk Phox

Golly. I did not know posts can be certified as popular! Well, anyways, this video deserves every bit of it. This is the greatest project I've ever seen come to fruition!

Anything that gets at least 10 likes is flagged as popular. That threshold will change if we get more active posting, or people start handing out likes like m&ms.

• Like 1

Imagine my surprise to find a link to this while checking my Twitter feed.

Been a long time, and I'm so thankful you kept up with it. Definitely worth it. Thank you, thank you.

Interesting bit on my experience with this: All of my non-furry roommates who're pretty disconnected from the StarFox franchise (save one other) all heard about this by their own means. They all loved it and every single one of them sent it to me telling me to watch it. That's some fantastic hype and it's really great to see your reach extending past your target audience!

• Like 1

Fred, you nailed it. You. F*****g. Nailed. It.

I loved how you tried to recreate the feel of a classic 70s animated show, and the voice work was top notch as well.

Also, did anyone notice that the terminal Slippy used had the Super FX logo on the bottom left of it? Not only that, but when you see the arcade machine a little later on, the side of it had parts of the original SF comics by Itoh on it! Nice touches! :)

I would love to contribute in some way for the next episode; maybe voice work if you have a slot available somewhere?

Fred posted this joke on his YouTube.

I love seeing this blow up in popularity, but I really hope this doesn't lead to a real C&D, considering the Patreon debacle.

I been keeping up with the progress of this series and I will say the time and effort placed into this paid off. The animation was smooth and I did enjoy the antics of Wolf and Fox. I hope a C&D does not stop this project.

I'll be honest: I thought the style of it all was going to bother me, and was a bit off-putting for a while

then I actually sat and watched it. 6 times.

So yeah I'm hooked, GG Fred~

• Like 2

Episode 1 currently has more views on YouTube than the official short for Starfox Zero (700,583 to 666,894).

Holy hell.

• Like 4

That needs to be qualified to say "English version" of The Battle Begins. There is the original Japanese ( 358,924 views) and a couple of dubs (though those have <10,000 views each).

I'll be quite sad if this gets C&D'd; he's been working on this for years, and for it to come crashing down when it's finally off the ground would be an actual tragedy.

I doubt it will, plenty of fan-made non profit works exist on Youtube.

1 hour ago, Robert Monroe said:

I doubt it will, plenty of fan-made non profit works exist on Youtube.

This.

If Starbomb doesn't get shut down for making several songs featuring Ninty IPs and sell the album, I doubt Fredryk would get shut down.

good to see fredryk  success with the series.

even a famous spanish youtuber gave him recognition

Well. Finally brought myself to watch it a couple days ago. I don't know if I can say anything about the first episode that hasn't already been said by the others here.

Classy, full of style and with a very neat reinterpretation/reimagining of the series.

really needed to see something like this. "Quality work" only begins to describe what you've gotten yourself into making, Fredryk. I hope to see more of it in the future!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2016 at 6:44 PM, DZComposer said:

That needs to be qualified to say "English version" of The Battle Begins. There is the original Japanese ( 358,924 views) and a couple of dubs (though those have <10,000 views each).

There are actually multiple official uploads of the English version on different regional Nintendo YouTube channels, including Nintendo UK and Nintendo Australia. Additionally, I bet some people may have watched the first episode of A Fox in Space multiples at a short time span, and could have been sharing them with friends who might not likely be remotely interested in the series, but checked out the link anyway, registering additional views.

By the way, I wonder how come there are no Arabic subtitles yet? I wonder if they are working on one, but if not I would gladly offer a translated SRT subtitle file for the official YouTube upload.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2016 at 6:32 AM, Hope(N Forever) said:

There are actually multiple official uploads of the English version on different regional Nintendo YouTube channels, including Nintendo UK and Nintendo Australia. Additionally, I bet some people may have watched the first episode of A Fox in Space multiples at a short time span, and could have been sharing them with friends who might not likely be remotely interested in the series, but checked out the link anyway, registering additional views.

By the way, I wonder how come there are no Arabic subtitles yet? I wonder if they are working on one, but if not I would gladly offer a translated SRT subtitle file for the official YouTube upload.

I'd be more than happy to credit you for something like that. If you're still interested, send me a message here or on Skype ( FredrykVPhox )

• 2 weeks later...

Fred, as a person who was last here four years ago I want to say to you: congratulations! I know it's probably been tough and you have to put in a lot of man hours for it, but you're awesome. :)

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Love the first episode and can't wait for the second. I keep trying to catch a live stream but my Internet is a little crap so probably won't happen. Either way I love how it reminds me of an early Adult Swim cartoon. I dunno, it's probably just me that sees that though. 

• 4 months later...

Hey @Fredryk Phox. Looks like your channel's home page isn't even displaying your vids anymore. Says no recent activity, when we all know that's not true, right?

3 hours ago, The VGM Lover said:

Hey @Fredryk Phox. Looks like your channel's home page isn't even displaying your vids anymore. Says no recent activity, when we all know that's not true, right?

He probably never gonna visited this site again. He has been gone from the site since last august.

I guess either he been busy as hell or Copyright claim has claimed a another victim.

@StarMaverickNot yet, they're still live streaming seemingly every day, but the channel isn't even showing that.

If I'm not mistaken, he has also been sick recently.

But yeah, he's still working on the show on a daily basis. I can't wait to see a new episode!

• Like 1

As much as I like Wolf's slightly retarded personality, I guess it would be benefical if the artist could get another draughtsman into the boat. With that speed (Not that I'm impatient), I doubt that it will make it past season 1. :(

• Like 1