Star Wars Uncut

Furygun81

Not entirely sure if anybody's heard of this, and I think this fits the Lounge rules.

Star Wars Uncut is a project started in 2009, where (at the moment) there is a website called http://www.starwarsuncut.com, and on it is all of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, but split up into 15 second segments. The idea is that users send in their own video clips for each of the 15 seconds. When all of the clips have been remade, the film is then pieced back together using the best clips, and then posted onto YouTube in all of it's glory!

It's unclear as to whether Empire Strikes Back is the next victim, as no more details have been released. Heck they might end here, or go and do something else like Terminator or Indiana Jones or something.

But there has been some controversy about whether this abides by copyright laws or not. What do you think? Should this be deleted for copyright violation, or is it just a bit of fun? :-)

It's the same deal as covering a song on YouTube. SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/whatever wouldn't like it, but at the moment I think it's fine.

This is pretty cool, too. :)

This is sooooo funny!!!! XD

Will watch more later. Thanks for sharing this Furrygun81!

This is awesome.

Anyone who harps on this for copyright reasons is an idiot. It's a non-profit fan project that probably falls under Fair Use: Parody anyway.

• 9 months later...

It's a non-profit fan project that probably falls under Fair Use: Parody anyway.

Too bad we don't have shit like this over here. The GEMA strikes again and I can't even watch this video.

The Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte (English: Society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights; GEMA) is a performance rights organization from Germany. It is the only such institution in Germany and a member of BIEM and CISAC

Don't you know, Arashikage? Necroposting is all the rage!

Rage against PONIES that is...

Sorry...

*Paints topic for lock*