What kind of books do you read?

PantherFanGirl728

There's something for what music do you listen to, but what kind of books do you read? I like to read "Romantic Suspense" books, although recently I've been reading a supernatural romance. However, my most favorite book i've ever read is The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas.

I read a decent amount of Science Fiction, my favorite being anthologies.

I read a lot of books, I don't know what you call it but it pertains to society and stuff..

I've read The Giver, 1984, Animal Farm and things such as that. I like these types of books and it allows me to think.

Well, you know me (the movie guy), so I read most anything film related; screenplays, "the book of the movie", books on filmmaking, books on filmmakers, books later made into films (Trainspotting just happens to be my all time favorite book), etc.

But besides that, anything notorious or controversial I'm usually bound to read (Mein Kampf). Like in film, I love books that delve into human sexuality (Lolita). I love biographical/autobiographical books (Midnight Express), . Crime books also capture my fancy (Helter Skelter). And there you have it; what captures my fancy in the world of literature.

...and I'm not a skinhead, just to reassure you.

@ Panther Fangirl. I respect you for reading and liking the Three muskateers. It is a work of classic literature. You did better than me, who read only half of it after getting it for free on my kindle.

The protagonists just seemed hard to like. They didn't seem attractive as much as really arrogant and sadistic. I suppose it was a different time though. It was written in the 1840s. Perhaps Human life wasnt as valued back then as it is now. Judging from How D'artangan treated his stableboy, people in the 1800s must have thought of the servants/help as pretty expendable/ worthless.

I myself am a big fantasy/ classic literatuer fan. I love the Percy Jackson, Harry Potter series, as well as fablehaven. I am also on a Russian literature kick. I have read Dr. Zhivago, Anna Karenina, and am hoping to get the Master and Margarita for my birthday

I mostly read science fiction and fiction books. My favorite book would be Gregor the Overland by Suzanne Collins. I am currently in the middle of a few books right now they are Pendragon: The Reality Bug by D.J. MacHale and Star Wars Dark Forces Rising by Timothy Zahn, they are both really good books.

I don't as much as I should, but when I do I don't really stick to a certain genre. As of now my favorite series of books is the Lord of the Rings series. I'm currently reading Halo: The Fall of Reach since I want to read what inspired the game. I want to get to reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I prefer books at reflect on society such as Farenheit 451, Animal Farm, The Giver, and The Lord of the Flies.

I read fantasy like Harry Potter, Eragon, The Hobbit etc. and Science Fiction such as The Hunger Games etc.

Or realy anything that's a book, lol.

I mainly read H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, other classical dark literature such as Frankenstein, and I'm also a Stephen King fan. I'm also fond of "insane" writings and such like Lewis Carroll.

Though my all-time favourite thing to read is Naomi Novik's His Majesty's Dragon series, which is basically alternate history of the Napoleonic War, with dragons, though that's a very rough summary, as there is so much more to it.

I used to read a lot of horror, namely from Dean Koontz, but I also love fantasy. I love The Secret Garden. I also love books like Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, and Geisha of Gion. :3

Hi,

I read mangas and some Japanese novels, which often are the base for mangas/animes. Besides that I have only nonfiction books about airplanes and trains...

Admittedly, I've fallen behind on my reading recently, and the only things that catch my attention at the moment are graphic novels. I was always a big fan of the comic-book format. :P

I enjoy reading book adaptations of video games. If you don't wanna play the game, just read the book! Its foolproof!

Besides that I also read Sci-Fi stuff.

Edited by DarthDelgado

@ Panther Fangirl. I respect you for reading and liking the Three muskateers. It is a work of classic literature. You did better than me, who read only half of it after getting it for free on my kindle.

It took me two weeks to read the entirety of it. I don't know what in particular I liked about it. D'Artagnan was a little forgettable, but i liked the three musketeers alright. (Athos, Porthos, and Aramis). I guess it was the plot that interested me. I certainly don't like it simply because the masses say it's a classic. I couldn't get through the first 30 pages of Dracula.

I like reading books about politics, and history. Right now I'm reading a book called America the Beautiful by Ben Carson, M.D. It's a great read.

I used to read a lot of books, like, real books and works of literature. Science Fiction was and still is my hands-down favorite genre to read. Now for school, I'm reading a bunch of play scripts. Some of them are cool, some of them leave me going "WTF?"

And yeah, I read fanfiction...

Okay, not so much "reading" as it is slogging through vast fields of complete and utter crap in search of that rare and elusive gold nugget. It's like literary prospecting, only with more facepalms.

Usually anything that catches my attention. Primarily, I love reading travel books, and real life stories pertaining to the supernatural. I also read magazines, Wired, Scientific American, and Laptop being my top favorites. I'll pick up ones on horses, dogs, rats, and rabbits now and then. The last two books I bought were Weird New York, and The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols. I finished the symbols one, but I'm still going through Weird New York.

Okay, not so much "reading" as it is slogging through vast fields of complete and utter crap in search of that rare and elusive gold nugget. It's like literary prospecting, only with more facepalms.

And then, when you find exactly what you're looking for, it's halfway finished with no hope of completion. :(

I tend to gravitate towards sci-fi, cyberpunk, dystopianism, and what not. I've read things like Snow Crash, Neuromancer, and The Hunger Games, though I also like books and lectures about history or social commentary. Read Lord of the Files for a class and loved it. Working on reading Ender's Game now - I wanna try and read most of the classic sci-fi literature if I can help it, but admittedly I'm rather lax in my reading. :P

Also wanna try and read some of Cory Doctorow's books, heh heh. XD

I've mostly been reading books based on post apocalyptic events, mystery, and some light sci-fi overall lately. My current book series I'm finishing up is by Patricia Briggs, and is the Mercy Thompson series. I like her writing and plan on reading her other series as well. I got a Nook Tablet too for my birthday recently, so being able to read practically anywhere now is very nice as I don't have to worry about a light source anymore.

I like fiction. I've read books like Spider-Man: The Venom Factor and all 7 of the Harry Potter books.

I also read other types of true-story books like Marley & Me.

And soon I'm planning on starting on mysteries like The 39 Clues series. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm reading very much. I'm reading a lot of Sci-fi, like Wh40k and Mass Effect adaptations, Dune, Star Wars (a lot of Star Wars), and recently StarFox fanfics. I also love fantasy, I've read through The Lord of the Rings, Silmarilion, The Hobbit, Thunderer, and historical novels, because I'm very interested in the middle-ages, so I know The pillars of Earth and Azincourt. But my all-time favourite is the Felidae-series.

That are the most important of the books I've read (when it comes to novels of course :D )

And yeah, I read fanfiction...

^ . I do actually enjoy some of the 'crap' as well to tell the truth. While the writing styles may be bad in places and cliche, there always seems to be a few interesting parts that eventually come up.

I'm a science fiction and fantasy person: Star Wars, Eldest, Lord of the Rings, Once and Future King, etc. I don't get around to reading actual books these days since I spend so long scanning over tech manuals I just want something quick and satisfying - aka, the fanfiction.

And then, when you find exactly what you're looking for, it's halfway finished with no hope of completion. :(

That's possibly the saddest part about fanfiction, really. Even if it isn't the best in the world I have an interest in seeing where the story goes all the same.