SF as a modern game?

DZComposer

:repost: from front page

YouTube user Rickonami has created an awesome CGI animation of the intro to Star Fox SNES and clips from Corneria, Asteroid Field, and Space Armada. It is done up a bit like an E3 trailer. There's even some menu in there.

Amazing work, though I was a little disappointed when Corneria was significantly less-detailed than everything else, and that some music was redone while other music was not. Also, this person thought Fox was James, and it shows.

Despite these flaws, it is an amazing piece of work.

• Like 1

Hhhhnnnnggggghhhh

So much want.

Mind... blown. :shock:

This is really well made… Amazing work, Nintendo should hire them for promo stuff.

There are some flaws throughout but hey, this is fanmade and not supposed to be something huge, but even with some flaws it still looks amazing, and could fool pretty much anyone into thinking it was official. Great job.

Makes me want another Star Fox game really bad now……… :c

That just.... wow. I hope Nintendo can top this with the next SF Title.

lQQ7Y.jpg

Now excuse me while I wipe the nergasm mess from my computer screen, and the rest of the room.

• Like 2

That was friggin epic, but I think it would make more sense to use the SNES Arwing models. :P

That was pretty frickin awesome, although I find it strange that someone who put so much work into this managed to substitute James for Fox. Someone in research fell asleep on that one. But this really is amazing. I have that Corneria OCRemix on my iPod (along with like 14 more and their all awesome) and I love how it was used here. I will have to agree with Steve though, those puppets are like something out of Jim Henson's nightmares.

• Like 2

tumblr_lzxqjqCCfU1qdbdo6.gif

Quite literally one of the most incredible things I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, the amount of detailing in the arwings alone blows my mind; a Star Fox game in HD at all would be an accomplishment for Nintendo IMO.

• Like 2

I can't express how much I felt watching that video..

It was just simply amazing...

weallknowthatfeel.png

• Like 1

What can I say? This video is amazing!

IMO, it has its faults (like Corneria looking poor compared to the rest, no SNES arwing for a SNES remake...) but other than that, the amount of work is too impressive to be ignored. Well done, gents!

:D Me like! I love the detail in the models. I'll bet this probably took FOREVER to render out, but it was an awesome result.

This is the kind of stuff I'm studying to do, and I always love seeing this kind of stuff done by the fans.

Wow, that was incredible! I am not really able to come up with any words to properly describe its sheer gloriousness.

This is so aersome!! (Awesome) :trollface: This makes me want a new StarFox game SOOO badly. :(

I just threw my wallet at the computer a few times seeing if it would accept it and produce more.

Now, provided the fact this was done by one person I presume, this is pretty incredible work. Bits of the animation were left to be desired (common complaint being Corneria looks like Fichina from space and the land was not as detailed as everything else), but for some amateur work...It is almost like looking at simply a glimpse of what could come from a serious production work. I wish it was longer because I was getting this feeling how epic and grand scaled Star Fox is from watching it.

If you check the credits, a lot of people did little things on it, I believe.

You know, i love how even though the video description tells me to watch it in 1080p, and yet even though i watch it at default 360p, I am still blown away by how it looks. No joke, this really looks like something someone would put together for a serious production. As far as i can tell, the only reason that the programmers couldn't make the ground on Corneria so detailed was because the original game made it look like a blank space as the "ground" almost blending in with the sky. Of course, you could have been flying over water, but then how do you explain the buildings? The grass was a good choice for a substitute IMO.

Why does everyone think those puppets are creepy? Maybe the one for Slippy could be, but the others are alright.

Nice video, too bad there was no snes arwing :(

Also I totally understand why they made Corneria from space with so little details, we're having the same problem with the mod, the only sf game where we can actually see the surface of the planet is sf64 3d, and its for a few seconds only. Its hard to reproduce it.

I liked the Arwings. Seemed like a good mix of SNES and SF64 design. Thank goodness it wasn't the wannabe X-Wing from SFAd or the Boat from SFAs.

About the cityscape, I do see what you mean, but it really looked slapped-together. Square strip of grass texture and then all snowy-mountain skybox with no transition. Nothing other than a few buildings with nothing that looks like road infrastructure. Yes, the original was like that, but given the level of detail you see prior to that, it was just a kind of "Woah, this just doesn't look as good" moment. A better skybox (maybe not so wintery against a grassy green ground plane), some windows on the buildings and some roads (even if they didn't really go anywhere) would have done wonders.