Laptop dying.

Xidphel

So this laptop is near death. Running TF2 while performing a scan overheated my laptop and shut it down.

Running TF2 by itself made the game unplayable.

I'll be looking into Desktops.

Before considering complete replacement, you could always see if the cooling fans are clogged up with dust or other blockages. Then again, a desktop is a purchase that will always pay off in the future, especially if you build your own.

I'll be looking into Desktops.

For gaming it's really the only way to go. Spend half the money and get twice as much power. :)

I agree with Crazy on checking out whether the vents or fans are clogged by dust. It could be that the thermal glue for your CPU is old and it isn't conducting heat as well. But then, hey my laptop always seems to sound like a jet fighter taking off for whatever reason so I can't really say what it is or isnt haha. I'm hoping I can make off with an old computer case form work so I can start building my own desktop.

• Like 1

• Owner/Technical Admin

I have to agree.. make sure your fan(s) are operational and not clogged with dust or other things.

It won't be necessary anymore since it's over. I'm actually trying to get my harddrive out. Kind of a pain in the ass.

For gaming it's really the only way to go. Spend half the money and get twice as much power. :-)

I did and I don't regret it one bit.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Laptop HDD's are definelty a pain. Mine you have to basically take off the whole underside to get to it.