What's up for Summer

thunderflare

I just wanted to ask what everyone is doing for summer, have you set goals for yourself, will you be going on vacation somewhere nice, or both.

Goals:

• I will draw more
  • Learn some more German
  • Read some books I haven't got to yet
  • Make an RP character (for here)
  • Practice welding

Vacation:

• Going to Florida
  • Visiting cousins in Alabama

(there will be more, but I don't know what else we are doing on vacation yet.)

I'll be taking a couple of summer classes since I took this semester off, so it doesn't look like I'm gonna be doing anything special.

POST TO SF-O :lol:

Posting on SFO is always good, I didn't add it to my list because I already do it and will have internet all summer, maybe. :lol:

I'll be taking a couple of summer classes since I took this semester off, so it doesn't look like I'm gonna be doing anything special.

May I ask what kind of summer classes you will be taking Dublinfox? If the classes are enjoyable and they are things you want to take your going to have a great summer.

Heh, cool thread idea.

What I plan to do this summer:

-Take Physics I and possibly Physics II (and with any hope, pass)

-Work on fanfiction/writing in general (hopefully it doesn't suck too much already lol)

-Work on playing with a tablet and try my hand at some digital art

-Work as much as I can so I won't go absolutely broke

-Maybe work on some more programming projects

-And of course...Post to SF-O!

• Like 1

Write, write, write. (Hey, wasn't that my New Year's Resolution for the past four years? Nnnhh...)

I was almost going to go to France for a week, but then I ditched saving up for it to buy a laptop. That's probably still a good idea in retrospect though, I've been sick on again off again for the past month or two, I'd probably still have it by the time I would've gone there. Vacations suck when you're sick :/

. . . and yeah, SF-O ;)

• Like 1

May I ask what kind of summer classes you will be taking Dublinfox? If the classes are enjoyable and they are things you want to take your going to have a great summer.

They are the kind of classes that I have to finish in order to go into what I want to study in the upcoming fall, so its gonna be a pretty boring summer. <_< An intermediate algebra class I have to retake and the other is a art appreciation class because I can't just take one class during the summer.

Goals:

-Finally decide and purchase a car

-Learn all there is on how to maintain said car

-Raise the necessary funding and learn all there is to learn on building PCs

-Build a PC successfully

-Exercise

__

That's just about it for me, xD

Goals:

-Raise the necessary funding and learn all there is to learn on building PCs

Oooh so much to learn lol...Ever looked at an A+ certification book? The amount of material covered in those books is insane - I can't really tell if the information that is covered is really asked on the exams :(

• Like 1

Summer and Class in the same sentence should be a felony! I can roll with a job but school work :meh: i'm gonna have nightmares just thinking about it....ewh :panic:

• Like 1

Hi,

my plans:

- pass my final exams (they are actually next week^^)

- send a job application to Air Berlin, Swiss and/or the German Air Force

- build a new PC (probably in two weeks)

- finish all the animes I started to watch (should be around 30-40 still unfinished...)

Vacation plans:

Mid August flying to Hamburg, and go to the anniversary concert of Amon Amarth there. After that staying there at a friend's for a week.

Plans:

- Get college squared away, still haven't figured most of it out

- Learn to drive standard in order to be able to drive my truck

- Get my license when I turn 18

- Get a new phone

- Acquire a laptop for college

- Hang out a little more with friends and my girlfriend

Vacations:

- Cape Cod, late July to early August

-Maybe a camp in NY called Jellystone with my girlfriend, not sure about that one

My situation kind of sucks because I could have went on three major trips during the summer (including Anthrocon) but can't because my electrical trade still has classes. :/ One of these trips would have been completely free as well. :(

My classes end the same weekend as the NAC is and since Laser tag is my religion I'm going to see if I can get something going and stay for an entire week down in Vegas instead of just the usual 3-4 days. I'll have to contact some other teams (preferably from California) and try and make something work.

- Work out as much as possible in preparation for BMT this fall.

- Save up as much money for Mayhem Fest.

- ...MAYHEM FEST!!! (Practicing thrashing out to Slayer and Slipknot daily, now I need people to practice moshing with)

- Get a new job that has steady hours, decent pay (minimum wage at the least), and no beyond-corrupt management.

- Make this last Fourth of July the most kick-ass Fourth I've ever taken part in.

- Find a significant other (perhaps not a good idea when Basic is only a few months away, but I can't help myself)

And that's about all I can think of.

• Like 1

Less than a moth and summer's over for me, and college will start for me, which means I might be inactive here again, which sucks :( . But still I think I managed to do almost all the things I have planned for my summer. :)

• Like 1

Plans:

-Get a 64-bit graphics card, WiFi card, and After Effects instaled

-Get may camera fixed

-Start filming

-Get some art work finished

-Get a drivers license

-Try to get on SF-O when I can (which I'm doing afairly decent job at)

-Get a Job.

Vacation:

-Going to Colorado (That's mainly when I'll be offline)

-Might go to our local lake.

Events:

-Summer vacation (duh :razz: )

-Turning 18 July 9th :D

Goals this summer

-Ace the SAT

-Finish a radio conrol kit I have been neglecting

-Get a few flying lessons in

-Draw more

-Build some models

-fly r/c more

-Keep up with Latin

I am moving over the summer so we will see how much actually gets done...

• Like 1

I like this topic!

Goals:

• Take on more commissions after finishing the 3 I have right now.
  • Continue being fit and healthy.
  • Learn more German.
  • Save up money.
  • Work more hours in the restaurant.
  • Start up my video blog.

Vacation:

• Germany from August 10th - August 24th.

Huh, let's see.

--

*More Art related stuff of course

*Videya Games...?

*Visit some friends out East

*Uh... Oh, and See my kitty this summer! <3

Yeah, those'r my plans really.

• Like 1

Ran out of likes today. :(

They are the kind of classes that I have to finish in order to go into what I want to study in the upcoming fall, so its gonna be a pretty boring summer. <_< An intermediate algebra class I have to retake and the other is a art appreciation class because I can't just take one class during the summer.

When you said algebra, I knew it was going to be boring, but the art class may not be that bad.

@Crazyfooinc: you just reminded I will be getting my drivers license over the summer.

Summer and Class in the same sentence should be a felony! I can roll with a job but school work :meh: i'm gonna have nightmares just thinking about it....ewh :panic:

:lol: I may have to get a job over the summer. :(

@conaly: You reminded me that I still want to visit Germany and that I still have anime to watch.

My situation kind of sucks because I could have went on three major trips during the summer (including Anthrocon) but can't because my electrical trade still has classes. :/ One of these trips would have been completely free as well. :(

My classes end the same weekend as the NAC is and since Laser tag is my religion I'm going to see if I can get something going and stay for an entire week down in Vegas instead of just the usual 3-4 days. I'll have to contact some other teams (preferably from California) and try and make something work

That does suck, never been to an Anthrocon before but I'd like to someday. Laser Tag sounds nice though.

@Starkid: I'm turning 18 over the summer too (August 5)

@Redeemer: Your going to Germany, I'm sad.

I hope everyone has a good summer.

This will be my second trip this year. Haha, I'm only going because R3dFiVe is there. X3

Going out east eh Fluxy? As far east as say... Connecticut?

^ sound cool, I've never been to Connecticut, I think this thread needs to say how everyone summer is and how it's going too.

Mine is going great so far, I've been drawing more and have been posting to SFO. :D

My plans for the summer are working, painting (which honestly, isn't that sort of like work, too?), possibly some sewing, maybe getting myself a car for my birthday. Lots of stuff hanging around in the air right now.