Can someone help me with a problem i have with my tablet?

Luminous-red

I just recently bought a MacBook Pro intel core i7 with OS Lion, i like to draw so i wanted to install my Intuos 4 tablet that i bought 2 years ago that i used on my old Vaio computer, simple enough.

The problem is that when i put the installation disk, turns out, i can´t install the program to run my tablet because this new OS is not compatible with "powerPC" or somehting like that, i don´t really understand well enough to see whats happening,my guess is that this new OS cannot run because its incompatible with the configuration my tablet has, wich the CD says it´s for Mac 6.1.0.

So i wanted to ask if anyone nows how could i solve this problem, i would really apreciate it.

And sorry if i made any mistakes in my writting, English is not my native language.

The only thing I ever used a tablet for was to play TF2. Sorry I cannot help you sir.

The only thing I ever used a tablet for was to play TF2. Sorry I cannot help you sir.

It´s ok, i apreciate that you took the time to read and answer. :)

I'm afraid I don't know how to help you. If I were you, I'd look for some kind of driver that could fix this, but I wouldn't know where to start. I recommend registering on a forum especially for tablet users, and asking that community. :)

I just recently bought a MacBook Pro intel core i7 with OS Lion, i like to draw so i wanted to install my Intuos 4 tablet that i bought 2 years ago that i used on my old Vaio computer, simple enough.

The problem is that when i put the installation disk, turns out, i can´t install the program to run my tablet because this new OS is not compatible with "powerPC" or somehting like that, i don´t really understand well enough to see whats happening,my guess is that this new OS cannot run because its incompatible with the configuration my tablet has, wich the CD says it´s for Mac 6.1.0.

So i wanted to ask if anyone nows how could i solve this problem, i would really apreciate it.

And sorry if i made any mistakes in my writting, English is not my native language.

How old is this tablet? PowerPC is some pretty old tech if its referring to the Motorola processors that Apple used to use on their machines before switching to Intel...5 years ago or so? Sounds like its a driver issue, could try looking up the model of tablet online and see if there is any support for the latest OS

How old is this tablet? PowerPC is some pretty old tech if its referring to the Motorola processors that Apple used to use on their machines before switching to Intel...5 years ago or so? Sounds like its a driver issue, could try looking up the model of tablet online and see if there is any support for the latest OS

Well i didn`t buy it too long ago but the CD has the year 2008 printed on it.

Intuos 4 has Mac OS X drivers on Wacom's website: http://www.wacom.com...os4&os=Mac OS X

Why they had ancient PowerPC drivers and not Intel ones on a disc for an Intuos 4 is beyond me though - they aren't THAT old.

Intuos 4 has Mac OS X drivers on Wacom's website: http://www.wacom.com...os4&os=Mac OS X

Why they had ancient PowerPC drivers and not Intel ones on a disc for an Intuos 4 is beyond me though - they aren't THAT old.

Thank you Fana!, This certainly helped me, im grateful, thanks for the help!. :)