Favourite Command Pilot?

Hidi

Favourite Command Pilot?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. SPACECRAFTS (In order from Game Gallery)

• Fox - Arwing II
    • Slippy - Bullfrog
    • Falco - Sky Claw
    • Krystal - Cloud Runner
    • Lucy - Sky Bunny
    • Amanda - Tadpole
    • Katt - Cat's Paw 2 (Katt! Not you again!)
    • Wolf - Wolfen
    • Leon - Rainbow Delta
    • Panther - Black Rose
    • Dash - Monkey Arrow
    • Bill/Krystal - Cornerian Fighter
    • James/Peppy - Arwing

I know Command was well, rather bad, but like Star Fox 2, each pilot had their own unique ship with different features and abilities, so my question is, which one of them was your favourite?

My favourite is Wolf, who flies the original Wolfen. It's got twin lasers and a multi-lock to effectively destroy anything in your path (Or the All-Range map). It's got a decent shield gauge in comparison to Falco's which is much too small. It has a large boost meter, and a higher time bonus than most (Though still not that much since well, that's Command). While it lacks bombs, I think it's other awesome features make up for it.

I'm otherwise not a big fan of the Wolfen mainly because it doesn't look like something you could even fly off the ground (Where is the cockpit and wings on this thing?), but otherwise in Command, it's my favourite ship in the game.

So what's yours?

gallery_1_13_515820.jpg

none of them.....i guess the arwing 2 but...meh

Well yeah, the gameplay wasn't that good, all in all, the ships were all similar in their ways, but you could elaborate more :P

Well yeah, the gameplay wasn't that good, all in all, the ships were all similar in their ways, but you could elaborate more :-P

lol, i really didn't like how they varriated, i wanted a ship that had all the best stuff, fox deserves that
  • Like 1

Sorry, preference to the Mk1 Arwing, it just seems more balanced than the Mk2

lol, i really didn't like how they varriated, i wanted a ship that had all the best stuff, fox deserves that

Yes, it is rather ironic how it works.

Black Rose - Panther

Absolutely broke the game even if you were only decent at aiming. Even though it lacks an option to lock onto the enemy, the lazer it had was insanely powerful. Panther completely eliminates any concerns about missles, because he can take them out in only 2 shots (you didnt need to worry about the warp boost mini game thing with missles so much anymore). Not to mention he makes boss fights WAY TOO EASY. He dosen't lack mobility by any means. However, he only had 1 bomb at a time I believe. But honestly, you didnt need to use it, unless you really wanted to just for fun.

Yes, I really liked the Black Rose, and the Zapper as it was called made up for a lack of a lock target (It practically locked itself).

Leons ship had some cool designs and a nice music theme. Too bad it doesn't have any lasers and its called rainbow delta.... i mean lol what were the developers thinking,are they color blind? the ships red!

While it's generic, Black Rose - Panther. Haven't played in a while so I can't think of any others but that helped so much.

While it's generic, Black Rose - Panther. Haven't played in a while so I can't think of any others but that helped so much.

i recall the black rose being anything but generic, didn't it just fire one super laser or somthing?

i recall the black rose being anything but generic, didn't it just fire one super laser or somthing?

Generic as in EVERYBODY loves it, then again, with so many ships, there's bound to be a few favorites. I remember a few only appearing in certain missions.

Leon flew the Rainbow Delta (As mentioned above), and the Rainbow Delta was a take on the Wolfen, similar to the Black Rose and Wolfen itself. The Rainbow Delta carries I believe two bombs and has a "Curve" Laser. The Curve Laser only shoots when locked to a target and will fire at the locked target with small intervals. I didn't like it and only found it useful in very few situations; it was mostly a pain.

EDIT:

The Black Rose (Panther's ship/wing) was equipped with the Zapper. It had no target lock, but was pretty accurate and hit things anyways. The Zapper was very powerful and could take out certain bosses in 10 hits or less. It was a rather slow firepower, but more powerful, as most things are. The Black Rose could only carry one bomb and had a small shield gauge, so was often bad for situations which involved taking tons of damage and/or bombs.

I am a bit of a devil with anyone who has Twin Lasers.

I am a bit of a devil with anyone who has Twin Lasers.

That's more than one pilot mind you. I like having Twin Lasers (Can't live without one in Star Fox 64), but there is more than one pilot equipped with such firepower in Command.....Which was your favourite? Wolf had Twin Lasers and a multi-lock, and James and Peppy, with the original Arwing has Twin Lasers and a single lock.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going with Krystal's cloudrunner on this. It's been a couple years since I played Command, so I don't remember all of the ships and how they flew and what weapons they had. I just remember that the cloudrunner was my favorite. It just felt the most balanced if memory serves.

Panther was my favorite, ironically enough. It's been a while since I played, but I liked the fact that he could roll decently, and still have a lot of power behind his shots.

Leon was the worst, in my opinion. Couldn't stand the charging wait, and he could barely roll.

Falco with his Skyclaw becasue the operational range is longer (aka more fuel in the strategy screen, and you can thrust and barrel roll longer. And it looks cool.)

I liked Falco; until I realized he died way too fast when doing things like killing bosses. It's good to see you posting somewhere outside the Rec Room (In my thread :3).

• 2 weeks later...

That's more than one pilot mind you. I like having Twin Lasers (Can't live without one in Star Fox 64), but there is more than one pilot equipped with such firepower in Command.....Which was your favourite? Wolf had Twin Lasers and a multi-lock, and James and Peppy, with the original Arwing has Twin Lasers and a single lock.

Wolf?Maybe.

SIDE NOTE 1:i DESPISE anyone with Plasma shot. I understand it's the 2nd most powerful weapon in the game,

but it smashes me out of my groove with Twin Lasers.

SIDE NOTE 2:Fox doesn't have an Arwing II.Only Peppy and James has that.Fox has an Arwing I.

Wolf?Maybe.

SIDE NOTE 1:i DESPISE anyone with Plasma shot. I understand it's the 2nd most powerful weapon in the game,

but it smashes me out of my groove with Twin Lasers.

SIDE NOTE 2:Fox doesn't have an Arwing II.Only Peppy and James has that.Fox has an Arwing I.

This is incorrect. Plasma is the strongest weapon in the game, but are often with pilots who lack other decent specs. And if you take a look at the profiles in Command, Fox indeed does have an Arwing II. I would suggest confirming your information with something such as the game itself before posting. If need be, I can pull out Command right now....It's an arm-length away from me.

• 3 weeks later...

This is incorrect. Plasma is the strongest weapon in the game, but are often with pilots who lack other decent specs. And if you take a look at the profiles in Command, Fox indeed does have an Arwing II. I would suggest confirming your information with something such as the game itself before posting. If need be, I can pull out Command right now....It's an arm-length away from me.

Crud.My mistake.Sorry. :hehe:

You are forgiven. To add on to that;

The Arwing I had twin lasers and a moderate boost and health meter. It resembled the Arwing from Assault.

The Arwing II had a single laser that could be upgraded depending on what storyline you were following (In one, he gets twin, another, plasma). The Arwing I looked like a mix between the original and Adventures Arwings.

I'm gonna go with James or either Peppy because they have the Arwing from Assault. I always loved that design! :D

No, actually, it's possible that you're wrong.I've just been playing on the 'Krystal' mission of Command (At Katina) where you take control of 3 members of

Star Wolf and i saw that Panther is the only one with the Zapper laser.I noticed that it destroys fairly weak enemies in 1 hit most of the time and when i tried destroying the

same enemies with the Plasma Shot, i noticed that it takes sometimes more than 1 hit to destroy them!So it's possible that you're wrong.