The Nintendo you never knew...

"User"

Just thought I'd post this up after I was doing some more research into Nintendo as a company after I found out Nintendo Power was shutting down. It has a lot of information that might come as a shock to some of you regarding the history of the more family friendly console/video game maker.

May be NSFW due to one image of a playing card but it's Kotaku so it should be fine. I've got permission nonetheless.

tumblr_m8vbmyF7iK1qi979s.jpg

That's most definitely some interesting information, thanks for the link. Now if only Nintendo could bring something of that side out again with their consoles.

I remember reading this when I did a report on Nintendo for my writing class a couple of years back. I knew that they used to make hanafuda cards back in the late 1800's but I don't remember anything about being connected to the Yakuza.

Now every time I hear Mario say something, all I'm gonna hear is Marlon Brando. O_o

Edited by Dublinfox

I knew about this. It's too bad they didn't make Krystal themed hotels. I was shocked at how old the company is.

To be fair, the Nintendo we all know and love wouldn't really come into existance until 1975.

I kinda sorta knew about most of those things, like the hanafuda cards and such, but the organized crime connections is certainly an interesting bit of history.

To be fair, the Nintendo we all know and love wouldn't really come into existance until 1975.

Yeah but still, I had to rub my eyes a few times when I was reading Nintendo's founding date and history before they started making video games and consoles.