REDEEMER uses: NOSTALGIA BLAST. It's super effective!

Redeemer

Hey guys, I just found this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l1He43EdLg&feature=related

My mother used to play this cassette when I was a little girl. I happened to stumble upon it while I was listening to Kate Bush, and as soon as it began, I felt pulled back to the old apartment we had in Paisley, which is where we lived until I was 5. I don't remember what it looks like, but I remember my mother's cassette player. It was a small, chunky and silver thing, and she had a sticker of a panther on it just above the slot for the tapes. I even remember the hairstyle my mother rocked back then! Man, mind blown.

What things make you feel a rush back into your past? What music sends you back to your childhood?

• Like 1

[Awesome topic idea, I love hearing stories]

Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams really does bring me back; when I used to live in the state of Georgia, my mother would always have it blasting in the car wherever we went. The song brings back much of the scenery and memories of the area too; I distinctly remember a large horse-ranch that we'd pass each morning while listening to the song. Good times, but that's probably the nostalgia talking. :lol:

A lot of things but definitely Enya, as well...

This post is short and meaningless on the surface but I don't know how to corroborate that point.

Enya is so nostalgic to me she practically comforts me with her voice.

country roads...take me home to the place i belong.. west virginia mountain momma take me home...every day on the way to preschool in the ollllllld old..old mercuery mom had when i was little.. oddly two of my strongest memories are based around that car. XD few years later dad decides hey its time to get the old mercuery going.. something had happened im assuming as it was setting for a while.. i went with, he opened the hood and a nest of yellow jackets got me. and i was little and stupid thus i ran... then they all got me XD ....but that song above all other songs reminds me of being little XD

hm....As of music...my mom has been playing steve Miller to me since i was 2 all the songs bring back memory.

Hungry like the wolf is another.

then the saying "yes sirry bob" reminds me of my old neigbor who use to take me too cool things like the park with his son.. he said it all the time. but dat ain't a song

I remember renting a little game entitled Twisted Metal 3 back in '99 (maybe 2000). I popped the game into my Sony PlayStation, selected Thumper, then started gunning away at opposing cars. And as the vehicular combat blasted away onscreen, this little track from '98 played in the background the whole time.

I was only about 6 or 7 at the time, so music played little to no part in my life yet. After playing TM3, I went beyond out of my way to discover the song's title and artist. Upon sitting through the credits, I discovered it was "Superbeast" by Rob Zombie. I am still a hardcore Zombie fan today, and it all goes back to the day I first played Twisted Metal 3. Maybe a little morbid for a boy at such a young age to be listening to stuff like R. Zombie, but, hey, what can you do?

Stuff like Papa Roach, Linkin Park, and a wee bit of System of a Down bring back memories from the early 2000's of watching a lot of flash/stick figure animations on Newgrounds and SFDT, but nothing comes close to the nostalgic level of "Superbeast".

Last and most entertaining note: saw Rob Zombie at Rockfest 2010 - my first time seeing Zombie EVER. "Superbeast" was one of the first songs played, and I started to cry due to nostalgia meltdown. It means THAT much to me. Also, greatest concert I've been to in my life.

OH GOD I FINALLY FOUND IT.

Holy crap ive been looking for that song for ages!.

REDEEMER I LOVE YOU.

• Like 1

Not a song exactly, but every time I hear the sound on the PS logo screen, I think I'm playing Resident Evil 2.

Other things that were my childhood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj9tkMusIiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovCoKUdwn78

• Like 2

AWW BALLISTIC I LOVE YOU TOO AND GLAD I COULD HELP. :D

I need more Enya in my life. I was talking about her to my mother yesterday, she says she wants a CD of her older songs for her Christmas present. I can totally do that. :D

I think I might be one of the few who will either admit, or was old enough to experience this:

Gah that's been a while, and I still know a lot of the lyrics (its only been nearly 11 years)...And to think since I started with music listening to these pop bands I got into heavy thrash metal music from the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw24wqLwFXo

It's like two barrels of twelve gauge awesomeness right to the childhood.

• Like 1

I used to watch this show back in the day. And at any baseball game or just scrolling through AMC ... oh the feels.

• Like 1

[These are all awesome to read through]

When speaking particularly of video games, I've always recalled things from the Sega Genesis soundtrack; it had a particular sound that simply hasn't been replicated by anything to my knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

*begins throwing ninja stars of nostalgia*

HIYA!

Ran into this today and couldn't help but crank it up. Someone tell me you found this game to be beautiful and ahead of its time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTG-vT_M_50

(1:30 for gameplay on level 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceyDL-bSR0

Oh god, musical nostalgia, I know thee well.

I had these two cassette tapes I'd always listen to when I was a kid. One was this special Bug's Life tape full of kids' songs that were mostly about bugs and no one in the universe seems to remember it other than this one old-ass page that has the lyrics to some of the tracks. I just remember listening to this thing on repeat, constantly.

The other tape that babydras obsessed with was Children of the Unicorn by The Irish Rovers, which I remember driving my family completely nuts with on a two-day roadtrip once, but hey, you can't blame me when the tape had Purple People Eater on it.

I had even yet another collection of lullabies, but I don't remember them overtly well other than Tomorrow We'll Go to the Fair. I thought Frank Mills' Music Box Dancer was included in this, but it's not, so I'm not sure why I have a nostalgic attachment to this song.

A bittersweet one was when I walked into school one day to find my writing partner really excited about listening to Time to Say Goodbye, which was strange, because he never occurred to me as an opera kind of guy. Suddenly I remembered this song, and loving it despite its association for me. The last time I'd heard it was at my grandmother's funeral, and when my mom would occasionally solemnly sing it to herself in the following months. It was an interesting moment. Reminded me to dig up my parents' old Andrea Bocelli albums though...

Time to Say Goodbye? My gran loves that song! I remember waking up to it in the morning whenever I went to stay with her, mostly around Christmas.