Artist Galleries

DZComposer

I have decided to open up the SF-O gallery for fanart!

If you are an artist and would like to have your own album in the SF-O Gallery, please see the following guidelines:

1. The album must be primarily for Star Fox fanart. A few non-sf pics here-and-there are fine, but it should be most SF-related.

2. Images must conform to the image policy

3. SF-O is not imgur. Please do not upload random pics.

4. Be aware that the gallery allows comments

5. Only upload your own works

There is a total limit of 50 MiB for images and a single-image limit of 7MiB. This can be changed, however, if need be.

Uploading extremely large images is not recommended. The gallery software will resize them.

Eligibility:

To be eligible for a gallery, you must:

1. Be an artist. Photoshopping game press artwork, logos, and/or screenshots into wallpapers doesn't count. (If you would like to submit some wallpapers, however, you may post them on the CCI board. Accepted wallpapers will be posted in the Wallpapers gallery)

2. You can present the staff with examples of your work. (If you have already started an art thread, that suffices)

To get a gallery:

PM me letting me know you want one. Please provide an example of your work.

To create your album (You need to be in the Artist group):

1. Go to the Gallery

2. Go to the "Member Fanart" category.

3. Click the "Upload" button

4. Click "Create New Album"

5. Type the name of your album in the "Album Name" field. IT MUST CONTAIN YOUR USERNAME!

6. Enter a description, if desired.

7. **IMPORTANT** Set the category to "Member Fanart"

8. Set the other options as you desire.

9. Click "Save"

10. Click "Choose Files" to start uploading images.

11. Select the image from your computer.

12. Repeat 10-11 as needed

13. Click "Review & Publish"

14. Add Title, Description, Tag, and Copyright information to the image.

15. Select which of the images, if any, that you want to be the cover image for your gallery.

16. Click "Finish & Publish"

To add to an existing Album (You need to be in the Artist group):

1. Go to the Gallery

2. Go to the "Member Fanart" category.

3. Click the "Upload" button

4. Click "Select Album"

5. Choose the album from the list. There are several listing options, but the default should find yours.

6. Click "Choose Files" to start uploading images.

7. Select the image from your computer.

8. Repeat 6-7 as needed

9. Click "Review & Publish"

10. Add Title, Description, Tag, and Copyright information to the image.

11. Select which of the images, if any, that you want to be the cover image for your gallery.

12. Click "Finish & Publish"

• Like 2

This is interesting to me, as I'm hoping to get into SF fanart in the near future. I'll see how it turns out. XD

If you do, be careful. As an admin your access makes it easier to upload in the wrong place.

Hey DZ, I was going to write this earlier but the site was experiencing issues (Darn that).

Anyways, thanks for the addition of member galleries! I guess I'll be at the drawing board for the next little while!

You mentioned the "Artist Group". How does one gain such a title? Or does that come as part of submitting art to admins such as you?

The artist group is how you get access to it, which you get when you're approved. BTW, there isn't some ridiculous standard or anything. The whole approval process is to prevent abuse.

I didn't just open it to everyone because I don't want people uploading random image macros or other things that sites like imgur are more suited for.

BTW, there isn't some ridiculous standard or anything.

i figured it wouldn't be like submitting a portfolio to an elite arts program or anything like that. I laughed when I saw that. I'll finish up the concept art page I was working on before I left. Just one more figure, and I'll scan it in.

If you do, be careful. As an admin your access makes it easier to upload in the wrong place.

If I have any trouble I'll maybe just ask for help, just in case. X3

Yeah, that's really interesting! I could gather all of my work for the Lylat's last stand fangame in one Album.

Just one thing : in the rules, you seem to have copy-pasted the "Repeat 10-11 as needed" line in both "How to create an album" and "How to add to an existing album". In the second one, wouldn't that be "Repeat 6-7 as needed"?

• Like 1

Just one thing : in the rules, you seem to have copy-pasted the "Repeat 10-11 as needed" line in both "How to create an album" and "How to add to an existing album". In the second one, wouldn't that be "Repeat 6-7 as needed"?

You saw nothing. :whistle:

• Like 3

"Uploading extremely large images is not recommended. The gallery software will resize them."

I had a very large image (You saw it in the PM I sent you), and the gallery did not resize it. Hmmm I guess I'll have to shrink the canvas in Photoshop.

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping you do include fanfiction and other writings in your list of artistic avenues. If not, I shall has a sad.

I'm hoping you do include fanfiction and other writings in your list of artistic avenues. If not, I shall has a sad.

We've still got a fanfiction section for all of that, mind you.

The gallery doesn't support text files of any kind.

We do have a fanfic board, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way of posting it through kind of an article system? I was thinking back to old sites like sfx64 that had some manner of fanfic lists that went by author, and it was sort of neat for what it was. It's not really a "must have" thing considering we already have the fanfic boards, but there might be some pros to having the seperate feature:

• Organization. Grouping them by author and having the stories in one neat, tidy place may be nice.
  • If there was some sort of system where the authors would post chapters here before anywhere else (particularly established authors) that could draw more traffic and potential new members to the site; they wouldn't necessarily feel obligated to join the forums if it's on the front page, but it's a way of piquing their curiosity and making the site feel more fan-run.

• 2 weeks later...

Erm, sorry for the double post, but completely unrelated question:

Is there a way to edit thumbnails in the galleries? It focuses on the center of the picture so most of my thumbnails are currently super-sweet headless torsos that may or may not be focusing on boobies.

Yeah, I've seen that happen. Is there an option to modify the thumbnail in any way? I haven't uploaded anything to the gallery in a bit.

I set it to not use square thumbnails. You will have to re-submit the image, though.