Star Fox 64 3D Will Be Available Via Nintendo eShop

Hope(N Forever)

Have you heard the news? Apparently, Nintendo decided to re-release some of their own earlier Nintendo 3DS retail games to be available on the Nintendo eShop, following the decision where they would have most Nintendo-published retail titles simultaneously as downloadables. The following are confirmed to be available on the Japanese Nintendo eShop on November 1, 2012.

• 花ã¨ã„ãã‚‚ã®ç«‹ä½“図鑑 (Hana toikimono rittai zukan; "Three-dimensional flowers and creatures Encyclopedia"; Japan-only title)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (This game was published by Nintendo in Japan)
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Tennis Open
  • Pilotwings Resort
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Super Mario 3D Land

There is a great likelihood that other regions will follow suite. Looks like Star Fox 64 3D will be available to people FOREVER, regardless whether you find it at your local retailer or not!

- Source

This doesn't surprise me, as they released sort of a patch/update for Mario Kart 7 via the Nintendo eShop. I still prefer having the came card, and it's the only 3DS game I have at present. I find it easier to go out and buy the game than to buy a points card and what-not to download the game. When I got my 3DS and the game, I ran home and started playing it. Not possible if I had to buy and download all the games. This isn't a new idea though by any stretch. The iQue worked in a similar fashion, and so does the virtual console.

• Owner/Technical Admin

That's funny, as that's the only 3DS game I own as well. I used to have OoT but I accidentally threw it away :(

I have another copy on layaway at work. I'm waiting to see if Majora's Mask will ever be released.

There has been talk, Sideways. Maybe this'll be on Nintendo eShop too.

As expected, Nintendo announces eShop re-releases for the other regions. The following games are the only titles announced so far for the regional eShops outside of Japan:

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Super Mario 3D Land

These games will be available on the North American eShop on October 18, and the lucky PAL region eShoppers can get to download these games RIGHT NOW, since they were just released on October 4! So European or Aussie Star Fox fans get Star Fox 64 3D for download soon apparently.

I'm probably just going to buy the games, but is there any significant price difference?

Hidi: SF64 use to be 40 but now its 29.99. Im guessing if they released DLC for NSMB2 and a patch for mario kart 7 there might just be a vert small chance that SF64 will get something new, not to mention that the game was intended to have an online mode but due to development time it was cut off.

Hopefully the game will get some more sales now? That would be nice. I already have the game on cart though, along with other games and other eShop titles. I'd like to be able to install my cart on to my 3DS though. Ah well.

• Owner/Technical Admin

I have a physical copy, not going to buy another :P