Glitches in Star Fox 64 3D?

Hidi

I have gone on about one glitch I found towards the end of the game, but I thought I'd ask you; have you found any glitches in Star Fox 64 3D? If so, post about them here! Personally, I'm not too happy about finding that glitch. I haven't set myself up to try to induce it again (As it would involve near death at a rather critical point), but even for a spontaneous glitch in a remake, I find it rather unacceptable.

Another glitch I encountered was on the boss of Sector Y (Shogun). Shogun landed on the Space Armada at one side of the map, as he does after a certain point so you can shoot him. I flew down to shoot him, and I ended up noclipping through the Armada. The Armada degenerated because it was in the camera, but it soon realized where I was and I took some pretty bad damage. Getting out of there was a pain.

Why is it unacceptable? There is a ton of new code in SF643D. It's not like they took the N64 game and just put better textures on it. New code = new bugs. You can't account for every single possibility when you program.

While there is new code, it is sill a remake of a game, and noclipping is a glitch people don't really want to see (But it is fun).

From another thread;

I have noticed polygonal flicker from time-to-time, most prevalent in the Venom Tunnels (Venom 2 in particular), at one point, I even no-clipped through a degenerated wall and died in a glitch-void outside the tunnels.

• Owner/Technical Admin

I have not noticed any real glitches in SF 64 3DS. I do find it harder to play then the 64 original, cause I'm used to an N64 controller :D

I have not noticed any real glitches in SF 64 3DS. I do find it harder to play then the 64 original, cause I'm used to an N64 controller :D

Yeah, I'd agree with you on that one, but it's that funny irony with the N64. If you've ever played a re-release of Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube, you get the same problem.

• Owner/Technical Admin

No, never played it on GCN. Only the original, VC and 3DS remake

Another glitch I encountered was on the boss of Sector Y (Shogun). Shogun landed on the Space Armada at one side of the map, as he does after a certain point so you can shoot him.

Space Armada? Don't you mean the Shogun's battleship? (An armada usually consists of more than one ship.)

• Like 1

Yeah, well don't mind me, but yes, I managed to noclip through it.

Everybody knows that weird glitch on Venom right? Where Fox keep flying circles over the entrance to Andross? I haven't seen it on the 3DS yet, sometime it took so long for him to boost inthere, but I never got stuck there like sometime happened on the N64. I personally haven't found a glitch yet, which might be because I don't hunt them down ;)

I have never had the "Flying in Circles" glitch, though I don't think I've been to Venom 2 enough, especially lately when I might remember something like this :P (Why would I know when I was 5?) They tweaked some of the stupid AI issues too, but of course, other arose.

I thought the subject said cliches, i'm sure there's plenty of those....

Yes, I can think of a ton off the top of my head, but let's not get into that. Happy Birthday however!

• 1 month later...

There's one glitch I love to do, it's not exactly a bad one, just kind of funny. You should try it sometime for a temporary amusing "lol".

Well, you're in Corneria, and you follow Falco under the waterfall (After you save him, and go through the loops in the lake), and when you finish fighting the "Mission Accomplished" Boss. His name slips my mind at the time, right when Fox begins to say "We're Star Fox!" Begin to do a summer salt (Sorry, I can't spell it.) and it will begin the ending cut scene of that level. When Fox is flying toward the screen, your Teammates will still be in their playing mode, and you'll automatically run into Peppy (at least I think it's Peppy), but you go through him. I've always thought that was funny. Try it out sometime! 

That reminded me of an AI glitch on the N64 cart. Just as the timer hits zero on Fortuna/Fichina, If all of Star Wolf is dead but one of them (In the case i saw, it was Wolf), you launch a bomb right before you lose control. It will show the base and the bomb will blow up on the Star Wolf member, killing them. Therefore, Mission Accomplished.

Most of those things are minor AI glitches in times they don't exactly expect you to attempt to induce them, but funny you can still do them. It's the glitches like the ones I've mentioned above that I think are much worse.

(Couldn't post this reply earlier since my internet derped)