Update to Star Fox SNES Instrument sample pack

Patch93

Since I no longer trust 4shared, I decided to move these onto Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire...88knffquwwewnwg

These are the instrument samples from Star Fox 1 and 2 which I ripped from using SPCTool. You can use these in your compositions, covers and such, although you will need a music composition software such as FL Studio (which you can get a free demo of, but you won't be able to save project files) or Reason to get these to work. Have fun.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that the tom-tom sample was missing. That has been fixed now.

To demonstrate what these samples sound like in action, I made a test cover of Space Walk from Thunder Force 4 using the six channel limitations present in level themes from both SNES SF games. (With a mono echo effect applied to the square wave channel.)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/114986671/ThunderFox.mp3

• Like 3

I like how Kontakt 4 auto-loops them. Though it doesn't map them properly. I'm too lazy to make NKIs out of them, though.

I like how Kontakt 4 auto-loops them. Though it doesn't map them properly. I'm too lazy to make NKIs out of them, though.

That's why I personally recommended FL Studio or Reason. I'm unaware of how Kontakt works because I've never seen or used it.

Kontakt is a sampler, and a damn-good one to boot. Comparing Kontakt to FL Studio is like comparing apples to oranges. Kontakt mainly acts as a VSTi, meaning you can use it with FL Studio. It also beats the living crap out of any daw's built-in sampler. I use Cubase 6 as my DAW. It makes FL Studio look like a child's toy.

Though, samplers like Kontakt are a dying breed. The latest trend in sample library development is to roll your own sample engine. EastWest is doing it, VSL is doing it, Garritan is doing it, as are others. I don't like it because I now have to load an instance of every one of these players to use multiple libraries. It's a damn shame, and a waste of CPU and RAM.

• 2 weeks later...

What software do you reccomend to edit Starfox music, so in can edit the "Titania Underworld " track from Starfox 2?

I used FL Studio and a midi from vgmusic. I'm not sure if you can do that, unless you convert the spc file to a midi file using the spc2midi utility from Zophar.