Video Card Upgrade Suggestions?

CrypticQuery

Hello all, as I'm sure you've gathered from the title - I'm in the market for a replacement for my current video card, an EVGA 550Ti. I'd like to have a bit more processing power; say for running Skyrim at Ultra settings with little-to-no lag, or maybe running Fraps/Bandicam while playing and not getting a ridiculous FPS drop. I currently do have two in mind though;

1 - A Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814202004

or

2 - An EVGA 560Ti http://www.newegg.co...-Graphics-Cards [but only because this particular model is on sale currently. If it reverts back to its original price, I'd probably be going toward the lower-spec 560Ti with only 1GB of memory.]

I'm leaning toward the EVGA if only because of the 2GB memory size, but the price difference would possibly lead me toward the Sapphire. I'd prefer to stay under $250; anyone have any recommendations between these two cards, or any others in particular? :-P

[Also, my current motherboard does not support SLI/Crossfire. That would be fantastic though.]

I'd get the EVGA 560Ti due to the fact that it supports Nvidia's Physx. That right there makes most games, well

the ones that support it at least, do a lot more. You could go look up what it does for Borderlands 2.

I'd say go for EVGA, though I personally suggest splurging on the beefier 660 Ti, I through it into my i5 rig and I ultra just about any game. Regardless, Nvidia is pretty much all I'll ever get from now on, since so many Way It's Meant To Be Played titles get sooo much more with so much better performance, while AMD gaming games seem to not care about your hardware.

Go for the HD7870. You should be able to pick it up for a price close to 200. http://www.newegg.co...-Graphics-Cards . The 560TI is currently overpriced. Even on sale prices.

It uses less power, and it's a much better card overall, specially on dx11 games. the HD7850 and HD7870 are amd's bang for buck cards of this generation, and they have really great reviews everywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have to agree with Steve on the fact that Nvidia's cards always seem to be overpriced; I wish they'd be a bit more competitive based upon benchmark test comparisons of their cards and cheaper AMD cards. It will probably boil down to what I can get the best deal on, but that 7870 is fantastic for the price. I don't mind not having PhysX as the relatively small library of supported games doesn't seem to support the price, though I do love Nvidia's overall ease-of-access. :)