What was your favourite level touch-up?

Hidi

Favourite 3DS Remake Level  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which level had the most improvements?

• Corneria
    • Meteo
    • Sector Y
    • Fortuna
    • Katina
    • Aquas
    • Solar
    • Sector X
    • Zoness
    • Titania
    • Macbeth
    • Sector Z
    • Bolse
    • Area 6
    • Venom 1
    • Venom 2

In Star Fox 64, was there a level you absolutely hated? Did you find sometimes the levels were too bland?

Well in Star Fox 64 3D, everything was redone and touched up. For me, Aquas and Solar were the two I liked the touch-ups to.

Aquas had a better framerate and didn't feel as clunky on the 3DS and is a pleasure to play. They even allow the Bomb/Torpedo button (Y) to double as your laser for the period between launching a torpedo and it detonating.

Solar is still the bland level it always was, but visually, it was very nicely done. Instead of floating orange polygons, you have flying lava and fire which with the 3D looks awesome. It's not my absolute favourite with the 3D effect, but still pretty awesome.

Yeah I liked Zoness too and the addition of rain and decent textures, but as a whole there wasn't too much else to gawk at.

This is imense hard! It would be either Corneria or Solar. But I think i'm gonna go for Corneriam the water looked so awesome! And it was the first thing I saw, it impresed me so much!

I remember too going "Ooooooooh textures!". It was nice, but certainly not the most fun of them all to play on the 3DS.

For me...... probably Fortuna, (or Fichina seeing how the translation was fixed. lol) Zoness was also a great improvement!

I thought Zoness had a huge make over. The level was simply beautiful, in a disastrous way. I didn't much care for that level, but I loved the upgrade. 

• 2 months later...

I still haven't played the game, but after seeing it in action, I gotta say that Fichina is god damned BEAUTIFUL.  Going from a boring snowy wasteland to a vast, iceburg laden ocean with a floating water base was an incredible leap and it looks AWESOME now.  If I ever get my hands on a 3DS I'm sure to get SF3D just to oogle at teh fancy graphics(And maybe finally beat Venom 2).

Aquas! It was way too dark on N64 on 3DS it still has that same dark touch, but at least you can see where you're going. And I now know what kept hurting me near the boss xP

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say Solar was the best looking level on the 3DS. It didn't have the frame rate issues that the N64 version suffered from and that lava (Why the heck is there lava on a star anyways?) just looked amazing.

I still haven't played the game, but after seeing it in action, I gotta say that Fichina is god damned BEAUTIFUL.  Going from a boring snowy wasteland to a vast, iceburg laden ocean with a floating water base was an incredible leap and it looks AWESOME now.  If I ever get my hands on a 3DS I'm sure to get SF3D just to oogle at teh fancy graphics(And maybe finally beat Venom 2).

Fichina had falling snow and a more detailed landscape, but still felt bland. It could just be how brief that level is (Especially when you can complete very fast) and the lack of any other landscaping but the base itself.