Red's before and after weight loss stuff.

Redeemer

Hello everyone. I promised many of you a before and after story with pics, so here we go!

Almost 2 years ago, I was overweight. Significantly so. I'm 5'4", or 160cm tall. And I weighed 96kgs, or 211lbs. 15 stone, actually.

I was incredibly unhealthy and pretty miserable. I was unhappy with myself and with the people around me (I was spending time with people who wanted the worst for me), and it was only after moving apartment and finally bursting out crying at my own reflection that I decided to do something about my weight.

How did I put on so much? It's a complicated story involving medication and a bad relationship, and so I'll spare you the details. But I was unhappy, and that's all you really are required to know.

So what did I do that day? Well, after calming myself down after sobbing for a couple of hours (hated mirrors then, goddamn), I went online and ordered food. Hurhur, no. I ordered healthy food. See, I get my groceries delivered to my door because I can't carry a month's supply by myself. I ordered low-fat options, more vegetables, more fruit, skimmed milk, less cheese, no chips, no sweets - just good wholesome food.

I also joined a weight loss website called myfitnesspal.com. There, I tracked my calories every day. I ate 1200 per day, which is the minimum amount an adult can have before making themselves really ill. It was so, so difficult at first. I was eating around 3000/4000 cals a day, easily, then bam, 1200 and no more per day. My stomach was complaining a  lot, I was constantly hungry, but after a while I got used to it. Then I started noticing the weight loss, and I became excited to lose more. It was the steady loss that kept me going.

Then, that September, 2011, my friendship with R3dFiVe turned into a relationship. He never knew about my diet or anything - when he saw me, he saw the "slimmer me", which was myself after 6 months of dieting. I had lost 15kg by then, or 33lbs. I was smaller, but not slim. My face was still round and my tummy was persistent - I had to do something more than dieting.

So I did the 30 Day Shred, formed by fitness trainer Jillian Michaels. And oh my god, it's the most painful thing I've ever done to myself - and believe me, I know what pain is - I wax, I have 11 piercings and 3 tattoos. But that workout is something else, something not from this world. XD

I didn't lose a lot of weight after it, maybe about 5lbs, but I lost inches because my skin tightened and my muscles began to form. I met R3dFiVe for the first time in person the following March 2012, and I had a new-found confidence in myself. He knew about my weight loss by then, and he was proud of me for wanting to me so healthy.

I continued my diet through 2012, and did the 30 Day Shred again in June. I lost only 4lbs but again, I lost a few inches on my thighs and arms. Not as much as the previous time, but it was enough to keep me happy. I also walked everywhere and eventually took up running. I'm actually asthmatic, so running is hard for me, but I did it for a couple of weeks at 7am. Now it's icy and I can't run, but I'll start again this coming Spring.

Anyway, it's now December 2012, and to date, I've lost 75lbs, or 34kg, or 5 stone. I went from a UK size 18 to a UK size 12 (even 12 pants are loose on me now), and I'm happier than ever. I can climb stairs without my chest burning, I can jog for a while, and I feel light on my feet. I can wear nice clothes and I'm a million times more confident. My dad hasn't seen me in a year, so this Christmas he's going to get a shock, haha!

But yeah, I guess it's the pics you're curious about. Fat one is before, of course, heh.

neveragain2.png

lol.png

318786_10152204740485231_542531000_n.jpg

^Scars under my eyes here after an allergy attack, but you get the idea.

So if anyone wants any health advice, feel free to ask me. I've got a lot to share and I'll be more than happy to help someone out. I just wanted to share with you, the Redeemer you knew before, and the Redeemer you have now. I'll also be posting this on my blog, probably :3

Thanks for reading. <3

• Like 9

Tw-welve hundred calories a day?! I feel your pain, sister. That's like my light snack. I'm glad you re-found your confidence. We could all use a little bit of that.

• Like 1

I currently eat 1300 a day to try and maintain my weight, I'll slowly go up to maybe 1500 when I'm certain I won't gain another pound.

Haha, feeling good about yourself is very important, so kudos, girl.

But I don't think I can do that myself, haha. All the food I love is unhealthy for you (and I'm not talking McDonald's or anything, I love pasta, rice, potatoes, things like that). There's also that I ain't bothered by being overweight. I'm 6'1" or so, and about 250ish pounds. As a friend of mine would say, "I got a roof over my toolshed." Plus I know if I were to eat more than one meal a day, get more exercise, and eat actual food instead of fast food, I'd lose a good amount of weight, haha.

But enough about me. Good for you, but to me, while there is a noticeable difference between the before and after pictures, the before is not bad. But it's your body and you're the one who has to be comfortable with it.

And y'all still need to come out here for a good ol' shooting trip some time.

• Like 1

Oh I still eat pasta, rice and potatoes, just not as much as before. I eat pasta maybe 4 times a week. The past 3 days I've had sweet and sour chicken, which has rice of course. I just changed to brown rice and brown pasta. Being so tall is a good thing, sounds like you're quite strong. If you aren't bothered about your weight, then eat what you like. Being 6'1", you'll carry it well.

Haha, the before picture is cut to hide my mother, but I was pretty bad. Maybe I carried it discretely because of my body shape or my clothes style, but I've lost like, god, 12 inches on my tummy maybe? It's hard to picture myself with it back on, and I pray that I'll never see that!

And dude, when I save up enough money, I'ma come over there and shoot stuff up. :D (Edit, just realised that sounds like I'll take drugs. I mean I'll go to the shooting range with you.)

• Like 2

Hahaha, bueno. And I'm not strong, actually, but I apparently look like I can bench press the Titanic, according to a friend of mine in High School (I haven't really changed in how I look since then, maybe a bit bigger, but the same proportions).

• Like 1

I commend you on your achievements; Red!  Weight loss is most definitely one of the more difficult things to stick to [hell, I'm trying currently xD] and to have to wait for results can be rather tedious.  Glad everything is going well. :P

• Like 1

?! nice red! I'm really glad that it is working out so far. Keep on pushing!

(kind of trying the opposite here since I'm currently (always have been) underweight)

• Like 1

No! You will come to Canada and we will teach you how to play hockey! You will then learn to further work your but off while in a freezing environment!

• Like 1

Congratulations, Redeemer!  I'm glad you feel good about yourself!  I honestly couldn't tell you how many calories I take in a day, I'm not quite at the point where I should be very concerned about it.  But that day is coming.  I exercise a lot though, PT and all that, which was pretty bad when I started, but now almost five years later it's daily run of the mill stuff lol.  It gets easier with time, especially when you get into the flow of things.  Good on you!

• Like 1

Aw thanks guys! That all means a lot to me. :)

I aim to take up running again as soon as the cold weather leaves, and I may even Shred again, it depends how my back feels. I tend to get backache in this weather, not sure why!

If I send scans of stuff I said I'd send to you like a couple months ago (Kill me), I can't upload the scans publicly since some of the stuff is marked under copyright. The easiest thing I can do is send you some quick links to some of the sources to the sheets and stuff I've collected over the years of hockey. You'll notice though hockey is a huge emphasis on carbs, protein, and water.

• Like 1

Think you can get a picture of your Dad's expression when he sees you? xD

Seriously Red, the physical change you made is spectacular! Good for you! :3

• Like 1

I'm a lightweight motherfucker who needs to put on a few more pounds these days. Anyway, glad to see you are feeling good about your decisions these days, Redeemer.

• Like 1

Think you can get a picture of your Dad's expression when he sees you? xD

Seriously Red, the physical change you made is spectacular! Good for you! :3

I will certainly try! And thank you so much! <3

Thanks Shaper, maybe over Christmas you'll gain a little. X3

• 3 weeks later...

Good on ya girl!

As for me, I'll stick to being a cheeseburger whore on the street corner downtown.
It's a tough proffesion but it brings home the bread (With sesame seeds @u@)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*Maybe a bit late, but had to found a bit of time*

First of all, congrats for completing your journey. You look great! :D

I also proposed myself to get a body I'm feeling comfortable with (I got the health reason covered enough, in my opinion), so I think it's a matter of cardio and keeping it healthy on the food department. I'm also taking some pills which mom used to help her lose weight (course, checked everything's safe). I'm around 77 kilos, I'm generally an M on shirts and 31~32ish on pants. I like how I look clothed, but it's a whole different story shirtless. Any advice for fat burning, especially on the abdomen area?

*Maybe a bit late, but had to found a bit of time*

First of all, congrats for completing your journey. You look great! :D

I also proposed myself to get a body I'm feeling comfortable with (I got the health reason covered enough, in my opinion), so I think it's a matter of cardio and keeping it healthy on the food department. I'm also taking some pills which mom used to help her lose weight (course, checked everything's safe). I'm around 77 kilos, I'm generally an M on shirts and 31~32ish on pants. I like how I look clothed, but it's a whole different story shirtless. Any advice for fat burning, especially on the abdomen area?

Aw thanks! :D

Okay, from the sounds of things, you're actually a healthy weight. But you aren't too pleased with the shirtless story, which makes me think that you really shouldn't be losing weight, but more kind of toning up. I really don't recommend losing too much weight, maybe 5lbs maximum if you feel you really need to.

The abdomen is a big problem area for most people, even me. I'm currently shrinking mine with another round of the 30 Day Shred - I've already lost an inch and I'm only 9 days into it. How hard are you willing to work out? Because the 30 Day Shred gets results, every damn time, but it's the most difficult workout out there. If you want to target an area like the abdomen, there is no exercise that can reach is specifically. You need to do a combo of exercises, like cardio with abs. That gets the quickest results, and they stay for longer. If you want, I can put a workout together for you that will really help, if you aren't wishing to do the 30 Day Shred. :3

Well, I'll guess I can try at least some days with the 30 DS (I know that sounds lazy as f***, but the gym's my main source) to fill up empty days. 30 minute at home right?

My normal routine is 30 minute cardio, averaging 300 calories and 45 minute varied weights. What you normally do?

Well I do the shred a lot, this is my third time. But when I'm not shredding I just do 30 seconds of jumping jacks, then squats with weights, then sit ups, and repeat for as long as I can handle.