Your computer specifications?

crapcat

Just fill out this form. If you're unsure of something, just not include it in the final specification, however, as a must - you must include your processor, your graphics card, and your random access memory.

Processor

Graphics Card (Or integrated chip)

Random Access Memory

Hard Drive

Motherboard

Solid State Drive (If Applicable)

Case

Power Supply

CPU/Processor Cooler

Water Cooling? If so, to what components?

Operating System

I'll fill out mine! :-P

Processor - Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4 GHz OC to 4.6 GHz, fully stable.

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon 6950 800/1250 OC 900/1300 fully stable.

Random Access Memory - 8GB crucial sports series 1600MHz UNDERCLOCK to 1333MHz to support CPU Overclock.

Hard Drive - Crappy 400GB white label hdd.

Motherboard - ASrock p67 Extreme 4 Gen 3

Solid State Drive - None

Case - Cooler Master Haf 912 with 6 Case Fans

Power Supply - Antec Earthwatts 650 ea GREEN 80+ Bronze Certified

CPU/Processor Cooler - Corsair A70

Water Cooling - None

Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate

You don't need to be elaborate as me, just fill out what you know. :D

EDIT: Request, but it would be cool to have this stickied. :D Since it's that kind of thread that can build itself up.

Very nice setup you've got there - just bump up that HDD and you'll be set! :-P

Here's mine;

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K

Graphics Card: EVGA 550Ti

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-D3H

SSD: N/A

Case: Corsair Carbide 400R

Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 650W

CPU/Processor Cooler: Stock Heatsink

Water Cooling: N/A

Photo:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/FCV96/DSC_0177_zps4d79621e.jpg

Sad how HDD's refuse to go down in price though. :c But yeah I'm going to invest in that sometime, I'm also going to get a noctua nh 14 if I possibly can. I want to get my cpu into the 5.0GHz club without useless water cooling.

And I'd totally sell my idle 550ti here. You could easily run that in SLI. (Provided your motherboard lets you)

Sad how HDD's refuse to go down in price though. :c But yeah I'm going to invest in that sometime, I'm also going to get a noctua nh 14 if I possibly can. I want to get my cpu into the 5.0GHz club without useless water cooling.

And I'd totally sell my idle 550ti here. You could easily run that in SLI. (Provided your motherboard lets you)

I definitely considered SLI recently, 'till I realized my motherboard did not support it - it's not worth all of the effort of putting everything back together.  I'll probably just get a better card sometime.  Agreed on that HDD bit; I would've gotten a spare had they been as cheap as they were years ago. 

Both my desktop and laptop are dual cores with 4GB of memory, soooo yeah, not anything special. I'm thinkin my desktop needs a boost sometime in the not too distant future; it's a sign that it needs an upgrade when it can't run Saints Row the Third smoothly on even LOW settings. The desktop has a Radeon HD 4670 so it plays most games just fine even on high settings, but Saint's Row the Third and GTA 4 chew the everloving fuck out of it - meanwhile all the Assassin's Creed games (well except 3, haven't played it yet) work just fine on it even though they have expansive worlds too. Be damned if I know what's so different between them, ugh.

Both my desktop and laptop are dual cores with 4GB of memory, soooo yeah, not anything special. I'm thinkin my desktop needs a boost sometime in the not too distant future; it's a sign that it needs an upgrade when it can't run Saints Row the Third smoothly on even LOW settings. The desktop has a Radeon HD 4670 so it plays most games just fine even on high settings, but Saint's Row the Third and GTA 4 chew the everloving fuck out of it - meanwhile all the Assassin's Creed games (well except 3, haven't played it yet) work just fine on it even though they have expansive worlds too. Be damned if I know what's so different between them, ugh.

Saints Row the Third and GTA 4 are some of the most horribly optimized games in history. In fact, GTA 4 may just be the most horribly optimized game in history - period.

People struggle to run it on decent quad cores. Ubisoft has had a knack for optimization, (Especially with their recent title far cry 3, that game runs smooth as silk at max settings on my setup. It's very scalable.) So I'd imagine the AC series getting the same treatment on PC. But I don't own those games, so I don't know.

But depending on what kind of CPU socket you have, you may need to buy an entirely new computer to really make a large difference. Otherwise, you may be able to upgrade efficiently.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz

PNY Nvidia GeForce 9800GT EE

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM

1TB HDD + 500GB HDD (SATA)

ASUS P5N-E SLI Mobo

OCZ 600W PSU

Stock cooling

OS: Currently Windows 7 Pro x64, upgrading to Win 8 Pro.

In fact, GTA 4 may just be the most horribly optimized game in history - period.

I can continually attest to this; constant crashes, memory leaks, lag, poor graphical optimization, and the list goes on.  Rockstar really dropped the ball with IV on PC.  A shame too, seeing as the modding scene is incredible;

http://www.lcpdfr.com/uploads/gallery/album_869/gallery_32209_869_55525.jpg

I can continually attest to this; constant crashes, memory leaks, lag, poor graphical optimization, and the list goes on.  Rockstar really dropped the ball with IV on PC.  A shame too, seeing as the modding scene is incredible;

http://www.lcpdfr.com/uploads/gallery/album_869/gallery_32209_869_55525.jpg

I may actually do a video on the most horribly optimized games in history. It's just something to do a commentary on. xD :P

Hi,

mine looks like this:

Processor: Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K, 4C/8T, OC 4,5GHz

Graphics Card: Palit NVidia GeForce GTX560 TI 2GB

RAM: 8GB @ 1600MHz DDR3

Hard Drive/SSD:

- Primary: Samsung SSD 830 256GB

- Secondary: 2x Western Digital 320GB

- External: 1x Samsung 1TB, 2x 200GB Western Digital (IDE)

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V

Case: Antec ThreeHundred (with three case fans)

Power Supply: 570W

CPU/Processor Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 (bestlooking cooler ever^^ and works extremely good)

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro x64

• Like 1

Saints Row the Third and GTA 4 are some of the most horribly optimized games in history. In fact, GTA 4 may just be the most horribly optimized game in history - period.

People struggle to run it on decent quad cores. Ubisoft has had a knack for optimization, (Especially with their recent title far cry 3, that game runs smooth as silk at max settings on my setup. It's very scalable.) So I'd imagine the AC series getting the same treatment on PC. But I don't own those games, so I don't know.

But depending on what kind of CPU socket you have, you may need to buy an entirely new computer to really make a large difference. Otherwise, you may be able to upgrade efficiently.

It's got an AM2+ socket I believe, so I can technically put any AM3 CPU in there (I believe) but I'm limited to DDR2 RAM. If I want DDR3 RAM I'd have to get a new motherboard.

It's got an AM2+ socket I believe, so I can technically put any AM3 CPU in there (I believe) but I'm limited to DDR2 RAM. If I want DDR3 RAM I'd have to get a new motherboard.

In that case I believe you should go for an AM3 phenom 2 x4 or x6, you can find them on ebay :-P

And conaly, I may actually buy that cooler and pump this thing to 5GHz once I get moneys. :c But very nice setup! I', just iffy about that power supply you declined to name >_>

uh I don't know, something that works unlike my current pc.

Hi,

And conaly, I may actually buy that cooler and pump this thing to 5GHz once I get moneys. :c But very nice setup! I', just iffy about that power supply you declined to name >_>

I just don't remember the name of the PSU anymore. And I actually don't want to take it out just to look it up...

Btw: overclocking the 2600K up to 5GHz could be difficult. It can get very instable after you pass the "sweet spot" (I believe its about 4,8GHz for the 2600K but it depends...). My 3770K runs perfectly fine with 4,5GHz, at 4,6 I get errors and program crashes quite often and at 4,7 it's completely over, so that it runs into blue screens all the time.

Hi,

I just don't remember the name of the PSU anymore. And I actually don't want to take it out just to look it up...

Btw: overclocking the 2600K up to 5GHz could be difficult. It can get very instable after you pass the "sweet spot" (I believe its about 4,8GHz for the 2600K but it depends...). My 3770K runs perfectly fine with 4,5GHz, at 4,6 many I get errors and program crashes quite often and at 4,7 it's completely over, so that it runs into blue screens all the time.

It depends. I have confidence. ^^ My cpu can do 4.5 at around 1.310 - 1.330 (that's the vdroop range at max load.) Which is actually pretty good.

But hey, it's worth a try, and I want to get my temps down anyway, they're fine during intense gaming, but during prime 95 or linpack tests, they tend to rocket up into the 70s if I do 4.6 GHz. (Which is alright, but those are the upper 70s, everyday use though, it usually doesnt even break 60.)

And I wouldn't give up on getting that 3770k to 4.6+ GHz.. I heard those ivy bridge processor heat up though, so do what's safe. :-P

Hi,

with Prim95 the maximum I get is about 70°C +/- at 1,22V. And I don't want to give more voltage because it can decrease the lifetime of the CPU very dramatically, if your Vcore is too high.

Processor= AMD Phenom X4 2.8 Ghz
Graphics Card= Asus GeForce GTX 560 overclocked
Random Access Memory= 8 GB GDDR3 1333 Pareema
Hard Drive= 1TB (dont know brand)
Motherboard= Something from Gigabyte
Case= Something from iBUYPOWER
Power Supply= Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
CPU= Isnt this the same as processor?
Operating System= Windows 7

CPU= Isnt this the same as processor?

You missed the rest; CPU/Processor Cooler.  This refers to whether or not you are using the stock heatsink fan, such as myself, or sprung for an aftermarket one. 

You missed the rest; CPU/Processor Cooler.  This refers to whether or not you are using the stock heatsink fan, such as myself, or sprung for an aftermarket one. 

Ohh, its the stock one. I thought it meant CPU AND processor cooler.

This is my computer. It's specs are:

Dual peperoni Processor
4 Slices of Memory
Over 20 Grams (gigs) of Cheese
15grams (gigs) of corn flour (For smooth running)

It usually runs at bout 450 F/h for about 15 minutes and boy oh boy does this baby go!

pizza-box-computers.jpg

• Like 2

Just got my new laptop, definitely an upgrade from my old Core 2 Duo + 256MB Graphics Rig. Working on getting stuff transferred now. Giving Windows 8 a chance, it seems pretty nice if you can learn to navigate it. Bought Crysis 2, FPS to come later.

Processor - Intel Core i7-3630QM

Graphics Card (Or integrated chip) - GT 650M 2GB + Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Nvidia Switchable)

Random Access Memory - 8GB DDR3

Hard Drive - 1TB 5200 RPM

Motherboard - Intel 7 Series Chipset (I have no clue)

Solid State Drive (If Applicable) - There's a slot for one, I intend to install one at a later time.

Case - Dell 17R Special Edition in Black

Operating System - Windows 8 (For Now)