Alien War

Redeemer

Hey guys, I just wanted to report on this cool thing R3d and I did over Christmas. We found out there was a show in Glasgow, run by the makers of the Alien series, called Alien War. Basically, you go in, and a marine takes you to these "underground ruins" that were recently discovered, but stuff goes wrong and a Xenomorph is on the loose. We were chased for 30 goddamn minutes, as well as having a close encounter with a facehugger and a hostage situation involving an unfortunate girl and a guy with a chestburster ready to pop out. XD

It was a lot of fun, but the smoke machines really hurt my chest, because I'm asthmatic. I got a chest infection that week, maybe the two are related, eh. But yeah, it was so, so cool! And I discovered that Sigourney Weaver opened the first show in London, 20 years ago! Seriously, that woman is like, my idol. I wish I could have met her. XD

Do you guys have any scare-attractions around your towns and cities? Have you ever been to one? I must admit, at the start of Alien War, I was so scared I considered turning back and giving up my ticket, but I pushed through once my adrenaline kicked in. And damn did it kick in, I was like, warm even though it was -2 C outside.

• Like 5

Xenomorph-aliens-teeth.jpg

And Vydrach, you should totally see if there are any events in the US.

• Like 3

The wiki says there aren't any outside of the UK, but this line makes me Hhhnnnggggg:

"The show was seen in various guises and briefly featured an actor dressed as the Predator for a spell prior to it closing in Glasgow."

Also related is this, which is sadly outside of the US as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVPX

AVPX. I now have reason to go to the land full of every animal that wants to kill me.

At the end of it, the last thing the marine did was look at me to point out: "nice lipstick", because yes, I had this pretty red mark on my face.

Not sure if it Redeemer or Alien D:

notsureifgusta.png

Other than a very occasional art expo in the streets, many with creepy/bizarre theme, not really much of an action thing like that. #Envy

• Like 2

That would be quite the short-lived romance.

Well, love hurts. :P

I'm thinking about asking my friend to go to Alien War with me again. They change the show every week so that they have new scares!

• Like 2

Don't forget to take along some anti-kainde amedha protection:

kaindeamedhawrestling.png

Epicirony.jpg

Don't forget to take along some anti-kainde amedha protection:

kaindeamedhawrestling.png

Epicirony.jpg

winter-is-coming-meme-generator-brace-yo

This sounds fantastic, didn't know this sort of thing existed. However I've always wanted to go to one of these Zombie Experience things if you haven't heard of them. http://wish.co.uk/adrenaline/zombies/ sort of like a Zombie Survival video game, but in real life, with actors. So much want.

I enjoy scare/thrill walk through attractions, but I find that they're less scary when they're well done. Why? Because I'm too focused on the gorgeous scenery and amount of work put into them to actually be scared by anything inside them. :D

Hahahaha, well the Alien War experience was scary because it was totally black in some rooms, at one point I had to call out for R3dFiVe because I thought I was alone and lost. XD

The zombie thing sounds cool! We have something like this here, but it's combined airsoft, so you like, have to shoot them. :D