Worst Songs of 2012

Harlow

(Warning: Includes profanity)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cIm1FDc7fY

Since song sucesses are relative with different countries adnd opinions differ, any song in your opinion, makes it into the musical cesspool? 

Might've been only successful in your country/city or just really gets/got around so much to the point you want to jump off somewhere tall.

• Like 1

Ah yes, 'tis Buckley. I've really got to thank you for sharing his stuff with me a month or so ago. He's my cynical humour. Plus, he just so happens to be Canadian....Oh that's right, he doesn't like nationalism.

I've watched his collection of "Hatin' on music" stuff which also includes all his "Musical Autopsies". It's a good way to know at least someone other than myself despises North American pop culture.

• Like 1

Some of his commentary made me cringe, but at least he ripped a strip out of fun. for that shitty song. Seriously, I only ever heard it in passing on the radio. I actually thought it was two different songs for the longest time because of the abrupt hipstery tempo change. THAT ISN'T A GOOD THING. I have no problem with effeminate male voices at all but I do have a problem with hollow ones and that is what this guy is.

Radio is ridiculous anyhow. One of my favourite artists got a song denied by the radio stations because he was "too old" despite not even being thirty when they submitted the song, so...

Some of his commentary made me cringe, but at least he ripped a strip out of fun. for that shitty song. Seriously, I only ever heard it in passing on the radio. I actually thought it was two different songs for the longest time because of the abrupt hipstery tempo change. THAT ISN'T A GOOD THING. I have no problem with effeminate male voices at all but I do have a problem with hollow ones and that is what this guy is.

Radio is ridiculous anyhow. One of my favourite artists got a song denied by the radio stations because he was "too old" despite not even being thirty when they submitted the song, so...

A girly voice isn't necessarily wrong, but I'm so glad he included that song because it's DEADLY BORING. Also, Janelle Monae is literally only there because of the sake of throwing a bigger name than them, she doesn't even sing in the song as far as I'm concerned. Very up there in the worst of 2012.

On the more local market, I'll throw this into the list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-mWgZVxc1c

Apart from being your generic club filler here, it's just the context of the video. It's made in Alcatraz, California, US-of-A. The bald guy preaches, breathes and lives anti-americanism, yet you can see him going in shopping sprees and elegant hotels in the backstage, while the rest of us have to give a life and a half to get a thousand dollars at most sometimes. He's a baseball player in the middle of a midlife crisis, plays badly and "sings" worse, in other words, he failed at life.

Yeah....(Sarcastic) Because Alcatraz is where you send a bad guy these days....Even better, notice all the women in almost skimpy outfits when as we all know they should be at least half serious. It's not too far off what we get on a regular basis in North America.

But remember, nothing gets worse than Minaj, and Pound the Alarm is pretty damn scary too. (Even more skimpy than that)