My Samsung Galaxy SIII keeps the backlight on forever after charging. What's going on?

Arashikage

Question

As the title states, I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy SIII.  Whenever it's finished charging, or sometimes after I take it off the charger, the backlight will stay on until I hit the lock button.  This is very annoying, and it kills my battery.  Other than this problem and the battery life I couldn't be happier with the phone, but if there's a way to fix the problem -which there has to be- then please let me know.  I've had the phone for almost three months now, and have had this problem since the third or fourth day of having the phone, software updates didn't change it, and restarting the phone only temporarily fixes the problem.

3 answers to this question

Mine does that. I just hit the lock button once I'm finished with it. That saves power most overall, because you're not waiting the usual 10 seconds for it to happen automatically. I've had my phone for over a year, this started happening perhaps 6 months ago but I don't really mind it too much. Regarding battery, just make sure you go to the task manager a few times a day and close anything that's running in the background. My phone can last 2 or 3 days because I do this.

Well, I mean on the lock screen the backlight won't turn off.  So when I get a text message, it turns on, then just won't turn off.  I don't even notice it half the time, so when I get out of class, I see my backlight was on for almost a half hour, and my battery is drained significantly(Like 10-15%).  It gets quite annoying

Try disabling Smart Stay.

I've also heard of some poorly written apps causing things like this.