Mission File Printout dev interviews translated

DZComposer

http://www.glitterberri.com/star-fox/message-from-god/

They even link to SFO's copy and Psy's website. So let's return the favor! Also, interesting stuff. I like how Takaya Imamura and Hajime Hirasawa almost went to the pool with their sound recorders to get the splash SFX for Koji Kondo to use for Fortuna. Also, the idea of an argument over the rigidity of stingray tails was rather amusing.

• Like 2

Yeah, she emailed me a few days ago to tell me about it. I was so busy these last few days that I could only reply to her yesterday! And I haven't even read it all yet !

Its really neat though ! And I'm really grateful she did this. Its been what, about 2 or 3 years I've been trying to do just that, and couldn't.. I was almost about to consider hiring a translator at one point, but that's a little too expansive !

She told me she was working on a couple more translations and she asked for more interesting stuff to translate, so I showed her my other scans. I can't wait to see what she'll do next ! :-)

And also, she talked with Dylan Cuthbert, and was able to get an interesting comment from him :

In addition, I looked up a few of the British devs featured in the
interview on Facebook and was interested to find that a couple of them
stayed on in Japan and still work for game companies there. I passed
along a link to the translated interview, and said they must have
enjoyed their experience in Japan, if they decided to stay. Dylan
Cuthbert responded "We really enjoyed our time and Kyoto is such a nice
place to live which is why Giles and I got hooked." He also said he
still has a copy of the guidebook on a shelf at home somewhere. Neat
stuff!

Neat stuff indeed ! :-)

EDIT: I went on the MFP scans gallery on SFO and I noticed you didn't have the few rescanned pages pages I made:

MFP_ 031.jpg
MFP_ 047.jpg
MFP_ 064.jpg
MFP_ 066.jpg
MFP_ 068.jpg
MFP_ 070.jpg
MFP_ 072.jpg
MFP_ 074.jpg
MFP_ 076.jpg

They're all up to date in my dropbox here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tdzl2dw40k9vddj/A0i34VEOQO/StarfoxStuff/Starfox%20SNES%20And%20Starfox%202%20SNES/Scans%20and%20Images/Mission%20File%20Printout

And also, I got 2 new books I'm going to scan eventually. One is from the Hippon Super Japanese game mag and for the snes game, and the other is that other Starfox Adventure comics book, its not Farewell Beloved Falco. Krystal fanboys have beaten me too it by a long shot.. But at least I'll have contributed to my favorite Starfox website :)

Edited by psy_commando

• 4 weeks later...

She has now translated the story pages. It introduces two new characters, Desslar Coba (デスラ・コバー) and Bear Noguccini (ベア・ノウグッチーニ), scouts sent to gather intel on Andross that disappeared (no more detail than that). The rest of it is just a VERY abridged version of the Itoh Comic story.

http://www.glitterberri.com/star-fox/guidebook-intro/

• Like 1

Oh well, less work for me :P

I'll do AL then :)

But yeah, that's some really nice work !

And, I'm really surprised of just how close my interpretation of those comics was !

By the way DZ, you were around the SF community much longer than me, would you happen to know about that rumor that Desura was mentionned in the official SF64 guide ?

I've been trying to find that guide for a while to confirm this. And I never found out whether it was in the official Japanese guide, or the English version ..

And I just bought an official sf64 Japanese guide from ebay, which was hopefully less expansive than buying, and shipping from Japamart (Not saying they're bad though, I'm just a little short on money) !

Definitely not mentioned in the English one. Can't speak for the Japanese, though.

• Like 1