How many of you liked Terraria?

Scourge

Greetings mortals! Your good ol' Admiral back from the grave (somewhat, school's tied me down alot lately, but I'm about to graduate so woohoo!), here to tell you all about a game quite similar to Terraria..

only better

k438mwu4wwzemhva7wiq.png

One of the guys that developed Terraria broke off, met up with some buddies and decided they were going to make a new game, which can most easily be explained as Terraria crossed with Spore in space.

Now, I could go into detail as to exactly how, but Welshpixie does it better than I, so heres a video:

"no two planets will be the same"

Now, the game apparently originally did a kickstarter a while back, and has since gone into pre-orders for a beta thats supposedly going to be made available here before too long (mid to end of summer). The game has an active community, and updates pretty frequently: www.playstarbound.com

In addition, theres going to be 7  or more races you can play as come launch (more to be added post release), and there's an online character editor you can fiddle around with if you sign up for the forums (only 6 of the races are available at the moment), So if you're interested, head on over and check it out. (and yes, you can play as a falco-looking character for you Falco Fanboys out there. )

Theres also a pet-taming and breeding component if you like having little beasts follow you around and kill shit for ya, plus theres also apparently a way to take aspects of the procedurally generated monsters and splice them together into the creature of your desires (im shooting for making Pikmin)

Personally, I've already pre-ordered it, will get into beta, got an AMAZING soundtrack (srs tho, theres some samples of it here ), and was capable of naming a NPC (so be on the lookout for Holly Wynters)

All in all, its got the makings of being an amazing game, and It'd be nice to see a few of my SF-bros around the universe :D

• Like 1

This seems quite interesting if I do say so myself; I had a love/hate relationship with Terraria - I wish it had a creation mode as opposed to the standard survival mode. 

This seems quite interesting if I do say so myself; I had a love/hate relationship with Terraria - I wish it had a creation mode as opposed to the standard survival mode. 

Theres supposedly a mode like the creative mode in Minecraft, as well as a director mode where you can easily make machinima. In addition, your planets can be terraformed so... yah

• Like 1

I heard of this when it hadn't yet released, it's definitely interesting.

It still hasnt released, the Devs are working hard to get it into beta though. Its only just gone into pre-orders

SCOURGE

WE CAN RELIVE THE TERRARIA DAYS OF YOU PLAYING 24/7 AND GIVING ME HAND ME DOWNS

BEST WAY TO PLAY TERRARIA

But seriously this game looks fantastic. My body is ready.

(also, good to see you back, sort of :'D)

SCOURGE

WE CAN RELIVE THE TERRARIA DAYS OF YOU PLAYING 24/7 AND GIVING ME HAND ME DOWNS

BEST WAY TO PLAY TERRARIA

But seriously this game looks fantastic. My body is ready.

(also, good to see you back, sort of :'D)

Theres a singleplayer and a multiplayer. Singleplayer characters can be brought to multiplayer servers unless the server owner specifies otherwise.

Oh, and gear is randomly generated and dropped by mobs, unlike Terraria where its just all gear sets. Starbound will have gearsets, but theres millions of combinations of random drops and stuff found in boxes on planets that change things up a bit.

BUT YES, THERE SHOULD BE AN SFO SERVER FOR THIS SHIT SO WE CAN PLAY AND KILL SHIT TOGETHARRR

• 1 month later...

Call it an excuse to bump the thread if you must, but theres been a few updates to SB since I made this post so... I'll put some of it up here:

aaaaaaaand that, is how you get from planet to planet :P

In addition: Mechs!

imjh0IF.gif