Thoughts on David Hayter not playing Snake in MGS5

Star Fox Runner

Not sure if anyone posted about this when it was said, but a little while back it was announced that for the first time since he started playing the role, David Hayter will not voice Snake in Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.

I was actually pretty upset about this. I mean, Hayter's voice is what helps make the character of Snake and young Big Boss, any other voice just wouldn't sound right at all.

In a way it could be passed off that the character of Big Boss is getting old at that point so his voice would obviously be changing, but it still wouldn't sound just right.

Maybe Kojima is just screwing with us again (you know he loves to do that) like how he announced MGSV as Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain as separate games, so maybe this is continuing deception, but still.

What do you all think of this?

Someone pointed out that Big Boss in MGS4 was voiced by someone else, I forget the name exactly. They may be the ones voicing the obviously aged Big Boss in MGS5.

Yeah, the Big Boss voice in MGS4 was Richard Doyle, the same guy who voiced The Fury in MGS3.

However, there was a gameplay video of Phantom Pain released a while back and you hear a bit of Big Boss speaking, and it sounded nothing like Doyle.

I'm ashamed to say it, but Snake has had his run and its been a good one at that. But they can bring his character back eventually, getting cloned or what not.