Your Shelf of Interesting Items

Deploy

I'm sure that most of you here have a shelf, desk, closet or whatever with some of your most interesting items, so post a picture here of it!

Here's mine!

PIC_0140_zps88004aa1.jpg

The shelf is above a bunch of other shelves containing most of my video game collection.

The items are (from left to right)-

-A Game.com complete in box. One of the shittiest handhelds of all time in all its glory. :D

-A pair of Sega Master System 3D Glasses complete in box. Quite rare. I don't have a MS yet, so I haven't been able to try them.

-A Simba plushie I got from a Disney store after seeing The Lion King 3D the day it released.

-A Luigi hat I got for attending the Nintendo Best Buy event and playing Mario Kart 8.

-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 signed by current Sonic the Hedgehog voice actor- Roger Craig Smith.

-A copy of Blacksad- a really excellent comic book series (my avatar is the main character- John Blacksad). It contains the first 3 volumes.

-A Japanese Eevee plushie I got at a local anime con.

-A Sonic hat I got for pre-ordering Sonic Colors.

-Sonic Generations also signed by R.C. Smith.

-The Quest for Glory Anthology for MS DOS brand new, unopened. The most valuable video game-related item I own.

-One of the only 200 copies of the album "Wander Lust" by Renard Queenston.

• Like 1

OGnI9pe.jpg

Large image, but this is my shelf of interesting items.  On my shelf from left to right is a Nomar Garciaparra flipbook, Robocop, Nomar Garciaparra holographic stand(Behind RBC), VIP pass to a Los Lobos concert my dad opened for with signatures from all five members, basketball finger puppet I got in New Hampshire, Nomar Garciaparra bobblehead, baseball signed by all the members of the Boston Red Sox, Iwo Jima memorial statuette, Dr Pepper glass bottle from Wild West City in New Jersey, baseball trophy, baseball from Fenway Park, baseball from the New Haven Ravens(Minor League baseball team that doesn't exist anymore), Dale Jarrett action figure, The Emperor action figure, Imperial Guard action figure, Tobasco Sauce in honor of my late cousin, Red Sox helmet that some ice cream from Fenway Park came in, COBRA COMMANDER action figure, art project my girlfriend made for me(It says "Love makes you fly" and has a picture of Rainbow Dash on it.), hockey puck my dad got for me in Las Vegas, ticket to a Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers game(Last game I went to so far, didn't get to go this season so far.), and a General Grievous PEZ dispenser.  All the plastic army men and that one dinosaur you see in front I found on the beach over the past five years in Cape Cod, the Star Wars figures were from various action figure sets, the Homie I thought was kinda cool, and the guy next to the Homie some guy at a tag sale gave me for free.

On the bottom is all of my Pine Cars from my Boys Brigade Pine Car Derby from Kindergarten to sixth grade, I won a trophy every year except one.  Yes, those Monster can tabs are all mine, and yes they're in a lightbulb.  Deal with it.  The Coke bottle was from a coke my dad got me from his office, they sell the real Coke in the real bottles there, the Avery's bottle was from a field trip to an M.C. Escher exhibit my school went to, the Patriots head I found on the side of the road one day, it's an antenna buddy, the Matchbox choppers belonged to a friend of mine but he gave them to me because I thought they were awesome, Storm Shadow is there on my Roadster because he's awesome, the Temple Guard(Blue Guard from Star Wars) is also there, a Gundam missile launcher with a popsicle stick glued to it because I couldn't find the grip, the Inca Kola bottle was from my first Inca Kola, lemme tell you something, that shit is good.  You should try it.  Order a case or two.  The tassle is from my graduation, but I got a gold one for graduating with Honors, so I didn't need the colored one.And the 12 ga. shotgun shell because yes.  

JSyhI6L.jpg

I have allergies.

• Like 5

JSyhI6L.jpg

I have allergies.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

• Like 2

I'm beginning to wish that I had a bookshelf to stack my things on; for the most part all memorabilia and other tidbits that I own are packed away in boxes.  Perhaps one day I'll have the space to display them. :)

I don't have a shelf anymore because I'm crashing at my parent's until I move. But I'll try to find my interesting things and post a pic soon. :3

• Like 2

SNES WINS FOR THE INVADER ZIM BOX SET :D

These pics are a bit out of date. I've spent $50 something dollars on more pony stuff since then (including birthday cards, one with awesome 3D stickers and one that's an awesome pop-up Sugarcube Corner).

Shelf2.jpg

Shelf1.jpg

Also some fun stuff in there is a German MG3 ammo can in the bottom left corner, a Star Fox 64 3D dogtag set from Gamestop reward points, my G3 cleaning kit next to that, an ammonite fossil, in that Altoids tin is a Megaladon tooth, there's my entire Rosario + Vampire manga collection, my His Majesty's Dragon series, and my complete works of H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, and Lewis Carroll books, as well as assorted other game related books.

I have a few shelves, each with some stuff. This is just one, which happens to be my most cluttered.

I have a few shelves, each with some stuff. This is just one, which happens to be my most cluttered.

Where'd you buy them keychains from exactly. I'm assuming Hot Topic?

These pics are a bit out of date. I've spent $50 something dollars on more pony stuff since then (including birthday cards, one with awesome 3D stickers and one that's an awesome pop-up Sugarcube Corner).

Shelf2.jpg

Applejack_So_Much_pony.gif

Where'd you buy them keychains from exactly. I'm assuming Hot Topic?

I didn't even notice those were in the shot. Yeah, there from Hot Topic.

lol that's a lot of Nerf guns.

I said I had more shelves of stuff, and I meant it.

The first image is the same shelf I showed in my last post, I just reorganized it.

• Like 2

Oh my god WOLFjr  I HAD that giant pyramid megazord thing when I was a kid! Oh man the nostalgia!

and StarDragon.. haha, yeah I kind of went overboard. I had some from a couple years ago and even a couple of home made ones but I got sick of my gear being outdated so I got some newer ones. I blame my buddies for getting me back into this XD

I said I had more shelves of stuff, and I meant it.

The first image is the same shelf I showed in my last post, I just reorganized it.

Other_M_Motivational_Baby.jpg

Oh my god WOLFjr  I HAD that giant pyramid megazord thing when I was a kid! Oh man the nostalgia!

Cool. Yeah, Pyramidas is just one of a few megazords I have in my collection. It's missing a few pieces, but what do you expect from such an old toy. 

Other_M_Motivational_Baby.jpg

I honestly had no idea why that image at first. But then I remembered I also posted the picture of my Metroid: Other M shelf.  That thing has been with me for so long, I completely forgot about it.