The Online Adventures of Hidi...

Hidi

The shout-box was an amazing creature, but the chat-room is k. The room is much better suited for high volume traffic and private chat's.

Happy Page 2 *<:3

Amazing Game Night tonight. I got to play with some of my Highlander buddies and we were just having fun seeing what we could do.

Lately in TF2, I've been experimenting with getting more in people's faces and being overall a bigger risk-taker. That's been an apparent problem for me when I've been playing in Highlander, so while just pubbing, I can exaggerate my actions to an extreme. We'll see how things go.

I saw someone today reach a ping of 1000 on their own TF2 server. I think it was mid-continent NA, but still.

Double post in the middle of the night because this is awesome;

1:40 AM - Blaxe | TAGC: Plus, my playstyle really revolves around timing with our team.

1:41 AM - Blaxe | TAGC: Especially the heavy.

1:42 AM - Hidi's Pretty Hair | TAGC: So like getting picks so the Heavy can move in?

1:42 AM - Blaxe | TAGC: When the heavy comes in

1:42 AM - Blaxe | TAGC: and everyone is focused on him

1:42 AM - Hidi's Pretty Hair | TAGC: SURPRISE

1:42 AM - Hidi's Pretty Hair | TAGC: BUTTSECS

1:42 AM - Blaxe | TAGC: xD

I've always found it practically hilarious that I've been playing TF2 a little over a year, I have 370 running hours, and yet;

• I have a top 20 spot on SF-O's HLX, (Better than that, I've done it with fewer than 1000 kills.)
  • Sroberson has more overall kills on SF-O's server than me.
  • I play any form of competitive TF2
  • I co-lead a team.
But such things also come with profound weaknesses. For one, the majority of my hours are Medic. That's not so nice when you would like to play a combat class, because there aren't any you're good enough at to feel satisfied. I just play, but I am disappointed because I play Medic so much better, so I switch back to Medic and the vicious cycle continues.

I also look at those facts, particularly the latter two with surprise. It's like I'm almost ahead of myself in comparison to those around me. Most players in UGC have more than 600 hours, even in the lowest levels. What has led me to be there?

I was scrimming with my team the other night when this happened;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHxIAn9rAvU

EDIT: I'm also back into #15 on HLX again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gravel Pit UGC match last night. We lost, but I killed another Heavy, but this time I did it right and saved a teammate's life.

• Like 1

Pfft, anyone can kill a Heavy....

Pfft, anyone can kill a Heavy....

You try saying that when you're a Scout and you've got no ammo left in your shotgun/scattergun.

Man, I don't play Scout!

Nobody plays Scout... unless you're a noob!

Ugh, I've been going through personal stuff lately. It's even affected my performance in TF2 which is bad for me and my team. I'd really love to join you guys on the pub server right now, but I need to get off Steam and relax that way.

My weekend with my team sucked, and I think I'm allowed to publicly say why.

Our head leader goofed multiple times over scrim dates, and when we had a scrim scheduled, other leaders had different dates. It was really annoying; messaging leaders for scrim reminders, and they'd tell me the arrangement never happened, or it was for a different day. Seriously, these things have to be in order, for both teams! With all the things a leader has to go through for preparation for a scrim, you can't just simply call in another team.

Last night, I was able to find a team who thought they could potentially scrim last-minute, but I just wanted people to have a break, so I opened a lobby for those who wanted it, and I got to retreat a few minutes to TriC and play with them. TriC allowed me to relax and play well. I could go in and play, not as a team leader, but just as a player, under the command of someone else.

When I got back to TAGC though, things weren't so nice. People at this point were just so frustrated with our other leader that we had no focus. We won our first half of the scrim, but the second half was so hit-and-miss.

We had a talk to prevent this stupidity from happening again in the future, and so now I'm in charge of scrims and communication. It's what I've been doing the most of anyways, so might as well keep it up.

Hidi I am officially going to report your heresy to your team leader for this blasphemous post.

• Like 1

Sig archive:

Hidi: How about it? No heals next scrim?

DarkAnglos: Pls no...

• 1 month later...

UGC regular season is officially over. Playoffs start, but I will not be a part of them.

I broke hell on my own team after our last match. Wymoree was not happy, because I think TACG HL died.

I don't feel any pain in doing what I did (Yeah Wymoree, this one is for you.), because I knew it was the right thing to do. The TAGC HL Steampage is gone as of writing this. Things are happening, and I was the spark that set it off.

Now with the UGC season not dominating my life, I can focus more on my real life, and other things I love on the internet, like you peeps on this place.

Pain is only subjective.

• Like 1

We love you, Hidi <3

R.I.P. TAGC (<-- In half)

UGC regular season is officially over. Playoffs start, but I will not be a part of them.

I broke hell on my own team after our last match. Wymoree was not happy, because I think TACG HL died.

I don't feel any pain in doing what I did (Yeah Wymoree, this one is for you.), because I knew it was the right thing to do. The TAGC HL Steampage is gone as of writing this. Things are happening, and I was the spark that set it off.

Now with the UGC season not dominating my life, I can focus more on my real life, and other things I love on the internet, like you peeps on this place.

Pain is only subjective.

I know how you feel, Hid. I remember when the LYNX team on TrackMania sadly shut their servers, because they

weren't getting enough players. On TrackMania, not enough players on a server = not enough Coppers on the server =

not enough to pay the yearly rent = shutdown of server.

I too have set up my method to where I no longer spend too much time doing any one thing. It really is more healthy and fulfilling.

My pigeons. Let us leave even this broken forum. Under my wing we shall bask in the admiration of the masses. 

Have any of you tried this? http://www.google.com/campaigns/gonegoogle/masters-demo/

Basically, it's a little Google Docs demo, however there are AIs simulating famous writers. When you write something, the AIs will eventually respond by editing or adding to your work.

Pro tip: Shakespeare likes to use the word 'zealot'.

• Like 1

The Highlander Trio is in action!

vHvDF78.png

Bear, Hidi, and DarkAnglos are to do a trial by fire for Subway Mergatroid!

Can the trio bring Subway Mergatroid to victory?

Or will they fall victim to endless suffering?

Find out tomorrow on cp_gullywash vs. Disney Movie Princesses!

Damnit, whenever I think of Subway Mergatroid's name, I always think of this song for some reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qObSDDORqw

LOL, me too. Well, good luck with your match, Hid. I'll be rooting for you. :P