Worst Songs of 2013

Harlow

Time of the year one of my favorite Youtubers, A Dose of Buckley, puts out his highly expected yearly Top 10 Worst Songs. NSFW for Language, though.

Dat feeling where your top guess to be on the list ends up at #1...

Based on terribleness and airplay, feel something had to make up the list? Something is not deserving?

• Like 2

Icona Pop...No, that should be #1.  That burns me so much when I hear it...and that's part of my roommate's playlist in the morning.  

Also, the "Alt Rock" song at the beginning...What is it?  I know I have heard it a million times and wonder who the artist is all the time.  

I was suprised when Blurred Lines was nowhere to be seen, but he gave a very good reason for it. Way too pathetic of a song.

• Like 1

YES IT CAME OUT TIME TO WATCH

Also, why do the videos get longer every year?

Icona Pop...No, that should be #1.  That burns me so much when I hear it...and that's part of my roommate's playlist in the morning.  

Also, the "Alt Rock" song at the beginning...What is it?  I know I have heard it a million times and wonder who the artist is all the time.  

Nope, can't help you on that. Lyric search (the ones I picked up anyways) does not pick nothing.

BTW, #9, #6's and #2... My God... and like a Chekov's gun, I've heard #3 once and never heard of it again, sure it was bad, but I never thought it would end there

I thought other than the screeching part, that #4 would be redeemable, but the rest of the lyrics weren't written, but rather crapped on. Yeah.

Edited by Harlow

Nope, can't help you on that. Lyric search (the ones I picked up anyways) does not pick nothing.

I give you props for catching any of those lyrics!  I couldn't figure it out.

Although, some searching around brought me to Smashing Pumpkins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhmoG7Jn3QQ    (because I can't seem to actually put Youtube videos in posts)

6:38

this video seems with ''music'' of the ''band'' Pollo Brazil or want to know the lyrics.

Psy - Gangnam Style. How s***ty.

Must be a 2013 choice. And he already talked about it.

I feel like this one was weaker then the others. especially for his number 1 choice.

I have to agree with you on that one. Most of those songs I had never heard before and were not the popular ones playing on pop radio stations or on prissy kid's iPods. Last year's did a better job of covering content that people more people had likely heard.

Above the racks joke from 2011, 2010 and 2012 were probably my favourites.

Gas peddle...is soo terrible!

Yeah I gonna be honest as well, most of these songs I have NEVER heard of :/ 

I think it's the year's fault. Most super popular songs from this year were not so bad in his eyes (Mackelmore, Lorde, Work B**ch) or just too boring (Blurred Lines, Bound 2). He never counts Internet-famous songs (The Fox). Established surefire artists (Flo-Rida, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, Lil' Wayne) were pretty low to none on new hits as well.

Plus, I'm sure Canadian and American Top Lists are a bit different.

I thought he went by Hot100 Billboard listings though for song rankings throughout the year?

Number 10 and number 1.... should have switched places the other way around. Just because a song is "boring" does not make it suck harder than a song that makes you question the psychological well being of the singer IMO

I thought he went by Hot100 Billboard listings though for song rankings throughout the year?

Number 10 and number 1.... should have switched places the other way around. Just because a song is "boring" does not make it suck harder than a song that makes you question the psychological well being of the singer IMO

He goes though a lot of stuff for a song to be eligible. He compares lack of quality and airplay frequency of said song mostly. It's also important to be able to write comedy.

I was sure No. 1 was on the list, but never would I've thought it was taking the gold. It was boring, ladden with drug references, terrible lyrics and a signer went cuckoo. No. 10 had way more success than expected and was meant mostly as a club song that found its way to the mainstream top. Technically bad, but the lyrics weren't meant to be as serious as the "new image" song that is No. 1