The Ultimate Story

fanfictiondreamer

Chapter 16-The Birth of the Friendly 5

Misty, Bubbles, Ribbon, Peach and their new friend, Bow, decide to form a small group consisting of each other. Fox decided to support the girls on their decision to form the group and everything that they plan to do.
This one's a bit childish so I don't blame you if you don't like it.

To celebrate my second page, I'm going to reveal to you a secret in my story. I will do this each time a gain a new page. There is something in my story that I have been wanting to talk about so badly, something that has been bothering for a very long time. It involves a love interest between 2 characters. I want to say it but I can't mention anymore than that just yet. It is probably hinted in the story so far, but I'm not sure if you have took notice. I can only tell you this: when 1 idea contradicts 2, your suspicions may lead you to the truth.

Chapter 17-Misty Finishes her Training

Misty comes near the end of both her fairy and princess training. Princess Peach decides to carry out a final test for her: to meet General Pepper of the Cornerian Army.

*crosses finger*

...shinobi of the Hidden Leaf, plz have shinobi of the Hidden Leaf :D

Cool fic, Dreamer.

What is shinobi of the Hidden Leaf? Is that a Naruto thing?

Chapter 18-Meeting General Pepper

Misty meets General Pepper for the first time. Fox and Peach stays in tow as they watch her progress. By the end of the day, he begins to notice something as well. Misty completes the last of her training and was sent back to Earth.

Chapter 19-The Big Revelation

Misty completes her training and returns to Earth. She visits her sisters and confronts them about something that they have been hiding from her throughout her entire life.

• 3 weeks later...

Due to uncertainly to how good my ideas are and intimidation from being criticized for how bad they be, Chapter 20 is currently being put on hold. I asked some people for help, but no one has responded which discourages me even more. I need help with Chapter 20 and I refuse to be ignored. I'm serious, I will do everything I can to acknowledge me. Don't make me do something that I will regret. If anyone wants to help, I will message you the chapter so that you can be able to tell me what I should do. For those who already received the chapter earlier, please, please help me out. I will pay anyone who helps me out with something good, excluding money (sorry, I'm on a budget) once I get what I need. Please, I need help and I feel as though nobody cares about my story.

Woah, chill for a sec. Calm down and don't do anything you might regret later.

First, the golden rule of creative work: YOU CAN ALWAYS REVISE IT LATER.

I understand your feelings. You've put a lot of work in it and you're afraid to see that work tarnished. As someone who does creative works myself, believe me I understand how you feel. But, you need to put those feelings aside and listen to the criticism people give you. Creative work is not something you master after a few attempts. It takes practice to get to the point where people appreciate your work. Criticism makes you better. You don't want to hear someone tell you it's bad, but if it is bad that is exactly what you need to be told (and why it is bad). Criticism is the only way you can truly grow in your creative endeavors and taking it personally will only lead to you feeling bad about it. Yes, it's hard to not take it personally when someone rips apart your work that you've poured hours and hours into, but you need people to do that. Even though it may not seem like it, those people are helping you.

Granted there are assholes out there who say mean stuff like "dis story sux go kill urself plz." But they are easily ignored, especially on the internet (remember the old adage "Don't feed the trolls"). But there are people who say things like "The story idea is cliche and terrible." Really, this person is telling you that your story reads to much like a bunch of other stories and you should try thinking outside the box. Sure, they could be nicer about it, but the important thing is they told you WHY they didn't like it. This is what you WANT people to do.

In short, ignore the obvious trolls and don't take the harsh words personally. Look for what they are telling you is wrong so you know what to fix.

Now I will give you a bit of advice, but please try not to take any of this personally. Remember what I just said in the preceding paragraphs.

There is one thing you can do immediately: Stop using Comic Sans. I understand that you may like the way that font looks, but it honestly is not a font you want to use for large amounts of text as large walls of Comic Sans are hard on the eyes. Plus, the font has a reputation that makes it repulsive to many people, myself included. Don't believe me? Ask the BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-11582548

Also, you shouldn't just randomly ask people in PMs to look-over your writings and expect that they will. I will be a bit brutally honest for a second here: when I opened your PM and saw a massive wall of Comic Sans titled "Return to Professor Oak's" the last thing I wanted to do was read it, so I didn't. Why? Because it didn't appear to be something I was interested in (notice how this is the first post I've made in this thread), it was written in Comic Sans, and I was busy with other things. Make sure you find someone who is willing to help you before sending your material to them. Just sending someone your writing and saying "Please read this, I'm afraid it sucks" when they haven't agreed to help you is a bit repulsive. It also makes people not want to read it because you're admitting that you think the story is bad and adding comic sans into that mix made me just say "Nope" and move on. I'm not meaning to offend you here, but I want to be honest.

If you can't find someone, just post it. Sure, you'll have to deal with the world, but there is valuable criticism that comes from your general audience. Remember: you can always revise it later. And honestly, SF-O may not be the place to seek that criticism.

So, to review, if you're serious on making it a good story, don't be afraid of just putting it out there. Yes, people will criticize it, sometimes harshly, but really that is what you want because you can't improve if you don't know what needs improvement. Secondly, use a normal font. People hate Comic Sans. Thirdly, don't bother people who haven't agreed to help you.

But above all, please don't do anything stupid over a fanfic you're posting on the internet. Statements like "I will pay anyone who helps me out with something good, excluding money (sorry, I'm on a budget) once I get what I need. " and "I will do everything I can to acknowledge me. Don't make me do something that I will regret." are causing me concern. DON'T do anything you will regret, especially over a fanfic.

You're right, I'm sorry. I just got carried away and I was unaware of all of the consequences because I was tired of not getting enough attention. I was desperate and I impulsively jumped in head first, again, even though I thought I was being careful this time. Apparently, I was still careless as always. I'm just inexperienced with how to use the web and how to communicate in general. I just need guidance and I don't know who to turn to. I hoped to find someone, instead, I demonstrated that I'm an idiot whose blind to red flags that are obvious to others. I don't know my limitations and most of the time, I learn what I should not do the hard way and I am no stranger to a bruised ego. It's just hard. I will hold off on my offers since they were merely out of desperation and I will try to be even more careful from what I know now. I won't ever do that, again. Also, I had no idea the Comic Sans font would be insulting to some. I only use this because it's the only font that has the lower case "a" exactly how I want it to look. I would never use anything that was insulting to anyone unless I was unaware of it. I didn't know it was childish. I will use this font on my documents only but I will use another font just to ease the tension of those who don't want to see it. Trust me, when I make a mistake and someone lets me know about it, I won't do it, again. My guilt never lets me forget.

A lot of what I put into my story involves selfish, childhood desires and I always dreamed of sharing them regardless of what will happen. However, over the years, it has also become my therapy for a lot of the psychological issues that I have been dealing with over the years. This story is sort of like a mental map into my subconscious taking on the forms of characters that I like. Someday soon, I will get this out with more confidence and people will be able to see what I see inside my head. That's my true goal. 

Don't beat yourself up over this. Isn't the goal of this whole thing to enjoy creating something? It's great when people love what you do, but if you only love doing it when other people love it you're probably choosing the wrong hobby.

Also, Comic Sans isn't an insult so much as it is a massive annoyance. It's the mosquito of fonts, if you will. It doesn't really hurt you, but it is everywhere and annoys you.

Remember, at the end of the day it's just an internet fanfic. Do you REALLY want to put yourself into depression over that?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Who here has been reading my story? Please respond whenever you can.

• 3 weeks later...

Who here has been reading my story? Please respond whenever you can.

Lately no, I was more into my projects on DeviantArt. But thats no longer an issue and now I have more time for other things.

Has someone been giving you hurt over your fic? Why? I like that you've taken these characters out of their respective universes and have them interact with one another in a rather unique fashion. Yours is a good if not the greatest multi-unversal fan fiction in my opinion :-)

• Like 1

Yeah, I haven't updated because I'm stuck on a chapter that I'm not sure about, so I need help with that. It was an original idea that I came up with before moving on to high school. I have learned a lot since then and I'm still growing, but I try to like stick to some of my original ideas. This idea that I have for this chapter is pretty much something that I'm stuck with and I can't figure out any other way around it if I needed to come up with something else. So, maybe I need to be less scared of harmful criticism and being ridiculed for my ideas not being good. It's probably the only thing I need to do to get the help I need.

Chapter 20-Return to Professor Oak's

Lisa and the girls receive instructions on what they need to do to combat the great and powerful evil that threatens the Earth. Professor Oak meets Misty, Princess Peach, Rayman and Ribbon for the first time.  

I'm not very confident with this one. It's kind of weak and I feel as though this chapter is missing something needed to make it more pleasing and not seem like it was just thrown together because it was rushed. If you have any suggestions to help me out with how to make this chapter better, I would love to hear it.

• 1 month later...

Before I continue doing summaries for my story, there's something else that I would like to mention. Around the time that I was starting Middle School, I came up with this crazy idea of making some popular Nintendo characters into Pokemon trainers. I thought it was a fun, fascinating thing that I did and matching up each character with Pokemon became like a fun project for me. Any fanfiction writer who's into Pokemon would want to do something like this. The pairings that I have done are based on the character's personalities, appearances, abilities, experiences, world, and other important things about them. This actually became very important for the next chapter of my story and I look forward to talking more about it when I get the chance.

• 5 months later...

For those who haven't read my blog, I will tell you something. In my story, there was a crazy idea that I came up with that involves an ongoing pastime that I have done in my story. I came up with the Super Smash Pokemon League, featuring the different Super Smash Bros. characters. I picked out 8 of the characters and placed them in each of the 8 Gyms of the Kanto region. These characters are Fox, Mario, Kirby, Capt. Falcon, Link, Donkey Kong, Samus and Ness. Luigi and Yoshi are asst. Pokemon trainers to Mario and obviously Pikachu and Jigglypuff can't be Gyms Leaders. I have placed each of the these representatives in the following Gyms for specific reasons:

Fox representing Pewter City because he sticks out in my mind a lot more than the others, he kind of reminds me of Brock for some reason and for events in the story that involves him to be first.

Mario represents Cerulean City because since he is like Nintendo's most famous character, it would be fitting for him to be one of the earliest Gym Leaders to reach.

Kirby representing Vermillion City probably because it is right near the ocean and it's kind of a nice scenery for his adorable, pink, pudgy little body.

Capt. Falcon representing Saffron City because of Silph Co. and it's futuristic functions.

Link representing Celadon City because the other Gym Leader is a Grass-type trainer and since Link's signature color is green, I would think that it works out perfectly.

Donkey Kong representing Fuchsia City because it has a Safari Zone so I thought that would be perfect.

Samus representing Cinnabar Island because some of her attacks consists of fire, much like the type its other Gym Leader uses.

Ness representing Viridian City because of his Earthbound symbol reminding me of the Earth Badge of Gym Leader Giovanni.

I will reveal more about this when the time comes. 

Ok, since my story has gotten as much attention as an unused Tamagotchi device, I'm going to spoil my story left and right and hope that someone takes notice. I have already mentioned twice about my Super Smash Pokemon League, mainly the Gym Leaders. This was set up because Lisa and her group needed to follow an actually Pokemon trainer to unlock the Pokemon stones. (I need a better idea to explain why they have to do this, but I can't think of any right now) The next part of the story, titled the Journey Through Kanto, the group travels with Ash. Yeah, no one would have seen this coming. Lisa and her group already obtained 2 stones from both Mew and Lisa's Cubone. In addition to that, both of the Super Smash Pokemon, Pikachu and Jigglypuff, contain each Pokemon stone. Even more so, the Pikachu containing the stone was, surprise, surprise, the Pikachu that became Ash's Pokemon partner. Also, Pikachu was also Fox's long lost friend. The reunion they had together is very sweet. There, I spoiled the next part of the story. There will be more to come.

Super Smash Gym Leaders

Gym Leaders Assigned Settlements 1st Pokemon 2nd Pokemon 3rd Pokemon 4th Pokemon Badges
Fox Pewter City Vulpix Ninetales     Starfox Badge
Mario Cerulean City Bellsprout Parasect Marowak   Mushroom Badge
Kirby Vermillion City Staryu Jigglypuff Ditto   Star Badge
Capt. Falcon Saffron City Spearow Fearow     Falcon Badge
Link Celadon City Shellder Sandslash Scyther Dodrio Triforce Badge
Donkey Kong Fuchsia City Primeape Hitmonchan Machoke Machamp DK Badge
Samus Cinnabar Island Voltorb Magmar Dragonair   Bounty Badge
Ness Viridian City Doduo Pikachu Kadabra   Earthbound Badge

• 1 month later...

The whole idea for Lisa setting up the Super Smash Gym Leaders was so she and her friends would have a trainer to travel with to collect the stones. (Still need to come up with a better idea on why this was necessary) The following Pokemon that contained the stones are as follows:

Mew-owned by Ly

Cubone-owned by Lisa

Pikachu-given to Ash, also from Super Smash

Meowth-a twin of Team Rocket’s own

Clefairy-one of many at Mt. Moon

Bulbasaur-went to Ash

Charmander- went to Ash

Squirtle- went to Ash

Jigglypuff-found outside Neon Town, also from Super Smash

Togepi-found as an egg in Grandpa Canyon, given to Misty

• 1 month later...

Even though I have mentioned 1 Ultimate Story, there are actually like a total of 7 main stories to the Ultimate Story line, as well as several side stories, a few prequels and several spin offs. It's a big story. After all, it is the Ultimate Story. I look forward to mentioning more about them.

• 4 weeks later...

Before I continue on with anything else, I have a new update to the story. I'm sure you know that the acronym for the Ultimate Story is the same as the acronym for the United States. I hope I can place a label on this to make this my own. I am thinking about doing this for the Ultimate Story: US*: U-S and a star as a means of being able to tell them apart. I feel as though it's pathetic but it does seem fitting as far as I know since I have a star on my Ultimate Story logo. If this is not doable, please let me know before I throw this around from forum to forum. I like it.

Edited by fanfictiondreamer

• 7 months later...

I have just finished my first 20 questions game. I mentioned during my first post on that forum that the prize may be something special. The winner of the game was SlippyMasterRace. The prize I have gave him, since I barely have any materialistic prize of any value to give out, all I can do is reveal things about my story that I have not, yet mentioned. I would be really, really surprised if anyone made just as big of a deal about it as I do, but it is so hard for me to see it just the same as everyone else since it is a big deal to me. Until I can think of something else to give as a prize, that is what I will do. Again, I don't have anything else to give and I have no idea where any of you is (and it's better if I don't) so I can't mail you anything. I have revealed to him via message board a secret involving one of the sequels to my story. It's Ok if he doesn't care, it doesn't matter.

I have always dreamed of this story becoming a sensation. It is a crazy dream and I have realized that over time, but it feels that way to me it's so amazing. I don't think it will ever become a sensation but I am just as happy sharing it with everyone. I really enjoy creating this and it has become one of the greatest joys of my life. I hope it becomes something much more but I would be extremely lucky if it did.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has been paying attention (I won't criticize or insult anyone who haven't been paying attention, so it's Ok if you weren't) so I'm going to just going to bring this out. In my story, Misty is my main female character as well as one of my important characters. The profile pic that I have is what she looks like in my story. In my opinion, I think she looks better this way, but to each their own so no back-lashing (especially not from me). I have been wanting her to be overemphasized since I was younger because I was jealous of Ash getting all of the attention on Pokemon. In my story, she is very popular among her friends. She is kind, caring, generous and a lot of the male characters in my story think of her as pretty. She is especially very close to her friends and has a special ability to develop strong bonds with some of her closest friends such as Fox. As the story progresses, she grows in both maturity and powers, as should any character in a progressing story. She still also has some difficulties in some situations, as should happen to anyone in any story as I have heard by a lot of story writers, difficulties that she is able to fight through with the help of her friends by her side. She is also helps her friends through their troubles and stays with them for as long as they need her to.

She has friends from both her human form and her true form as seen from the episode of Pokemon where she performs in her sisters' underwater ballet. From her human form, she becomes best friends with Bubbles, Banjo, Ribbon, Princess Peach, Knuckles, Fox as well as a few others. From her princess form, she had been friends with Atem (Yu-gi-oh) and possibly a few others that I either can't remember or haven't made up, yet and very surprisingly, from her princess form, she has made friends with another popular character that has made an appearance in one game: Geno from Super Mario RPG. Unlike his RPG incarnation, Geno plays a very different role in my story. What is that role? That's something I know will surprise you greatly. As for her other friend? I'm currently playing a game for you to figure out who this other friend is. Feel free to stop by my 20 questions forum if you would like to find out.

Anyway, this has been awesome. I will return and post something else when I decide on what it is that I want to post.

Edited by fanfictiondreamer