Countless E.T. Atari Carts Found Buried

mjakob42

Moved to The Arcade, and it's alright. :-P

It is certainly amazing what can be uncovered after all these years.

They found a shitton of awful Atari games buried in the middle of the goddamn desert? This sounds like the setup to the best/worst ghost/curse movie ever.

• Like 4

They found a shitton of awful Atari games buried in the middle of the goddamn desert? This sounds like the setup to the best/worst ghost/curse movie ever.

Correction: A shitton of copies of an awful Atari Game. And considering how it pretty much almost ruined videogames and ruined Atari and the employees of various companies... Yeah it is cursed.

You do know the upcoming AVGN movie's plot is centered on this controversy...right?

Hasn't this been a rumour for some time? I've heard about the 'mass Atari grave in the desert' stuff before.

^ Yeah, it's been an urban legend for a while.

You do know the upcoming AVGN movie's plot is centered on this controversy...right?

No, because I couldn't care less about the AVGN.

I heard this dig project was canceled. Awesome that they did it, though I am a little suspicious as the cartridges shown with the article look to be in remarkably good shape for being run over with an excavator and then buried for 30 years.

• Like 1

Maybe they only took pictures of the ones that were better preserved?  For some reason I am imagining the soil in a desert to be quite hospitable to plastics and not decomposing them.