The Diary of Emiko Gale

Emiko Gale

I only played a bit of the first Spyro at my boyfriend's place...I sucked at it surprisingly.

*gathers papers* boy is my new English class frustrating.

I only played a bit of the first Spyro at my boyfriend's place...I sucked at it surprisingly.

Chances are you weren't quite used to the D-Pad back then. I had problems with that as well, but I got used

to it. I prefer games that use the analogue stick(s). Makes moving around feel more precise and how it should be.

Seriously though, you've only played the first Spyro? Well, if you can, I reccomend tracking down the others; they

are great games. The first Spyro was my least favorite (I prefer the term 'least favorite' rather than 'worst'),

but all in all, it was a pretty solid game.

Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage (Or Spyro 2 - Gateway To Glimmer as it's known out here in Europe)... now that was bloody

amazing. Better story, better levels, better characters (This one introduced Alora, Hunter and Moneybags as we know

them these days).... And what about that beuatiful ambient music that played in the hub worlds? I love that kind

of ambient stuff. Helps me get to sleep on those hot summer nights when I can't drift off. Have a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mad2495KWSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxh4OnPG9CE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dCyNgwNsUE

Spyro 3 - Year Of The Dragon was pretty good, and I think it had the best cutscenes, as it rounded off the original

trilogy. I continued my adventure with the first part of the prequel trilogy, The Legend Of Spyro - A New Beginning.

This introduced Spyro and Sparx in their young days, as Spyro sets out to find out who sent him far from his home

while he had yet to hatch, discover his secrets, and take down the black dragon Cynder, who was menacing the land.

The second part of the series, The Eternal Night... I don't QUITE know what to think of it (I only have the DS version

and it was buggy as HELL.), but the story continued seamlessly on from the first part, as Spyro tries to find what

happened to Cynder when she left the Dragon Temple at the start of the game, to stopping Malefor, The Dark Master

that ruined the world 1000 years ago, from being resurrected.

Dawn Of The Dragon - the final part of the prequel trilogy, and NOT to be confused with Year Of The Dragon - took me

some time to get adjusted to, since it took a full three years after the previus part, as Spyro and Cynder wake up

from a coma and find out that while they were sleeping, Malefor had been resurrected and was at war with the Dragons.

This final part is truly epic, as Spyro and Cynder team up to defeat Malefor before he lays waste to the world once

again. The ending was great as well (With Cynder... Well, you'll have to see for yourself). It's a shame not too many

people adored it as much as I did. But like I said, you should track those games down on Playstation. Or, if you

don't have one, just get an PS emualtor and find the ISO's of the games. For the purposes of ROM legality and the

rules of SF-O, I'm not allowed to tell you where the games are. But I think I'm allowed to recommend a good PS

emulator: EPSXE.