RUMOR: Project Guard and Project Giant Robot are part of Star Fox?

DZComposer

The rumor mill is abuzz with the idea, based on the similar visual elements and some statements by Miyamoto about the games being "connected."

The "evidence" is thus: Project Giant Robot has a very Star Fox-esque UI. Project Guard put Star Fox logos on the camera/laser turrets. Both games are rather small games that seem too much like tech demos for being Miyamoto's "big secrets." Miyamoto said they games are connected.

My problems with this:

1. Why separate the games from Star Fox so much? It would have had a lot more impact if actual Star Fox elements were in these games.

2. There is an explanation for the connection talk: All three games involve robots in some way.

3. I can maybe see Project Guard becoming a level in Star Fox, but Project Giant Robot? Nope.

4. The Star Fox surprise was blown by Time Magazine. The intent was to tease it repeatedly until Miyamoto dropped the Nova Bomb. My guess is the Star Fox like things in the two projects were part of that tease trail.

• Like 1

2. There is an explanation for the connection talk: All three games involve robots in some way.

I'm like 90% sure this is what he meant by that. 

The other 10% that isn't sure is intrigued, though.

In a recent interview Miyamoto sounds like he is at least considering having Project Guard be part of a larger Star Fox game. To quote the interview…

Entertainment Weekly: Is Project Guard something that will grow into its own game, or do you see it being absorbed into a larger game?

Miyamoto: Perhaps if you noticed in Project Guard, there was a Star Fox logo on the cameras! I have different ideas for what would be possible, but I haven’t finalized anything yet. One idea that I had for Star Fox is something like the Thunderbirds TV series, where they had all these different vehicles and Mechs that they could use. I’m not certain, but one thing I think about Star Fox is that, instead of just a ship-based adventure that we’ve seen in previous Star Fox games, there’s multiple different mechs and vehicles and things that they use. And maybe, within that, the Project Guard style of gameplay could be one element of sort of a larger-scaled thing.

The other analogy I’ve been using with the team is that the Star Fox games that we used to make were Star Fox for the movie theater, a big dramatic adventure. And this time, with our focus, it’s a little bit more of Star Fox if it were a TV series. So maybe Project Guard is the TV series of Star Fox that runs late at night, and the main missions of Star Fox are the TV series that runs in primetime.

Source: 

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamoto-explains-why-star-fox-didnt-happen-on-wii-says-its-the-year-of-sta#.U5zJCeEV-So

• Like 2

Ce9LLKx.png

>check 'em

• Like 3

So maybe Project Guard is the TV series of Star Fox that runs late at night, and the main missions of Star Fox are the TV series that runs in primetime.

Wut?

I'm guessing minigames, then?