LazerMaster5's Misadventures

LazerMaster5

Hello, fellow Star Fox fans. I think it's about time I got one of these journal threads. I am not going to post in a timely manner, just whenever I want to talk about something interesting. That way, you don't have to read 50 posts on how my sandviches taste to find that one interesting thing that happened. Let's cut the crap.

First, I would like to mention how I am working my summer at a local movie theater to earn cash to buy stuff. My dad is pretty much second in command for the company (it's independently owned) and I am able to work for cold hard cash, which I have been spending on miscellaneous stuff. Of course, I ride in with dad in the mornings, and the theater does not open until noon, so often I get to watch movies in the mornings. There is even a Blu-Ray player that plugs into the projectors! I love working at the theater, for it feels like home to me.

Hello, fellow Star Fox fans.

Star what now? Oh, and welcome to the journal zone: a wealth of sfo history almost as elusive as our RP board. 

Also, I'm sorry but,

that way, you don't have to read 50 posts on how my sandviches taste

that's what the ladies are into these days.

First, I would like to mention how I am working my summer at a local movie theater to earn cash to buy stuff. My dad is pretty much second in command for the company (it's independently owned) and I am able to work for cold hard cash, which I have been spending on miscellaneous stuff. Of course, I ride in with dad in the mornings, and the theater does not open until noon, so often I get to watch movies in the mornings. There is even a Blu-Ray player that plugs into the projectors! I love working at the theater, for it feels like home to me.

My brother's a higher-up at a local indie theater (well, indie in the sense that it's not an AMC and isn't just a first-run theater), and he enjoys the hell out of it. He actually has almost all of his A/V equipment (work computer, gaming computer, turntable, CD player, DVR, game consoles, and various converter/filter/amplifier doodads) on a cart in the projection lofts so he use them in an empty theater. I can't apply there til I'm 18 in a few months, since it's legally a bar (it's basically half theater, half restaurant-very upscale). Do you get to see the movies before they come out?

Every now and then, my dad and I go to trade screenings. By doing this, I get to see some movies 2 weeks before release! Most of the trade screenings we go to are for the Marvel movies, like Captain America: Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy.

That's awesome, man! My brother sometimes lets me and my friends see a movie before it's released if we stay behind after seeing a movie (only if nobody buys tickets to the next movie).

This also means I've sat through more opening scenes of Adam Sandler/Tyler Perry movies than I care to mention >_>

Today was the employee party at the theater I work at. Well, the party itself was at Pioneer Waterland. The waterslides were perfect on a day like today, when temperatures reach 90 degrees. The burgers failed to keep their shape, though, so we abandoned them and left them on the big-ass grill there, getting black and hard. Anyway, I had a lot of fun. There was even a go-kart track! Of course, some kid wiped out on a turn, causing one hell of a traffic jam. What a day!

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow I am embarking on a one-week road trip down to Florida. I live in Ohio, for scale. Due to the scale of the trip, I don't know how active I will be, but if I can, I will be sharing the interesting tidbits of the trip.

Today was the long stretch of the drive, 10 and a half hours in the car. I ate at the first KFC, went to Rock City, GA, and am currently resting in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

And here I whine about staying in a car for over 1 hour. Hopefully, the experience proves worth it. Chattanooga is one of the greatest places in the states as I recall it.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I think I will just have a huge recap at the end, since I may not have the motivation to keep posting updates. That way, I can also get all my pictures from my father, so I can show some of the places. These include awesome places like Universal Studios Orlando and the Kennedy Space Center.

My 8 day road trip was like the basic outline for a book. You had the build up for Sunday through Tuesday as we stopped at various little things on the way to Orlando, including my uncle Wes in Georgia. Tuesday began the high point, with the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum, along with the Universal Studios CityWalk. Wednesday was Universal Studios, which was fucking awesome. If you go, go to both parks (Universal is split into 2 parks.) Thursday was Kennedy Space Center, and then things began to fall as we had a mediocre dinner and Mom's back began to ache. Friday was travelling into South Carolina, where we did a Ghost Tour in a small town (shit, I forgot the name. I suck at remembering names.) Yesterday, we came into North Carolina, where we stopped in Charlotte to eat and explore the art museums. There was a huge Pride festival right in the middle of the city, making navigation tough. Today was mostly the drive home. I am glad to be back in northeast Ohio, with my cats. Man, what a trip!