Multiplayer

ArwingFan

Let's discuss the potential multiplayer.

They might pull a NSMB styled multiplayer: Fox = Mario, Falco = Luigi, Slippy = Blue Toad and Peppy = Yellow Toad.  This is a current trend in Nintendo games so it could spill into Starfox.

A online multiplayer  could be cool. Customizable ar-wings/wolfens (Or your own thing all together) Nintendo could even get idea for future starfox games if they have a record of player created content.

I can just imagine like 16 people flying around a stage shooting at each other, that'll be fun.

I still like the ground combat from assault (Or at least the level design) so bringing that back will be cool. (Optional of course)

And I don't recall many starfox characters, so having everyone as a playable character will be fun too. (In all their different costumes)

Star Fox characters: Fox, Falco, Slippy, Krystal, Peppy

Star Wolf characters: Wolf, Leon, Panther

Other characters: Andrew, Pigma, Bill, Katt (and anyone else if they decide to create new characters)

I would like to see characters like "Generic Cornerian Pilot", "Venomian army member", who realistically I could see as characters with the most customizable equipment and clothes, as they can both become a reflection of the player's tastes. Customization could also include species if they really wanted to take it to the next level.

It would be a cool addition to have Gen. Pepper, James McCloud, and maybe even Caiman (yup the one from SF64) in there as a few easter eggs for the players to unlock. I'm not quite sure about my position on adding SF Command specific characters though.

Gameplay should be like Assault, because I feel that for a console game anything else would feel like a downgrade to those who would love to see Assault re-released just with the addition of online multiplayer. That said, I do think they should remove the stats system for characters in Multiplayer (assuming they were to try to mimic Assault in this regard) as it encouraged users to select specific characters just to get an advantage.

Star Fox characters: Fox, Falco, Slippy, Krystal, Peppy

Star Wolf characters: Wolf, Leon, Panther

Other characters: Andrew, Pigma, Bill, Katt (and anyone else if they decide to create new characters)

I would like to see characters like "Generic Cornerian Pilot", "Venomian army member", who realistically I could see as characters with the most customizable equipment and clothes, as they can both become a reflection of the player's tastes. Customization could also include species if they really wanted to take it to the next level.

It would be a cool addition to have Gen. Pepper, James McCloud, and maybe even Caiman (yup the one from SF64) in there as a few easter eggs for the players to unlock. I'm not quite sure about my position on adding SF Command specific characters though.

Gameplay should be like Assault, because I feel that for a console game anything else would feel like a downgrade to those who would love to see Assault re-released just with the addition of online multiplayer. That said, I do think they should remove the stats system for characters in Multiplayer (assuming they were to try to mimic Assault in this regard) as it encouraged users to select specific characters just to get an advantage.

Speaking of those stats, I tried to play as Krystal in all my matches. And I tried hard, but the stats are just too much of a difference. If ever I have a fighting game, I want 2 modes. Balanced mode (Where everyone is more or less even) and realistic mode (Where if the character is stronger, then the character is stronger)

Give me the assault multiplayer again.

I liked wingriding.

Give me the assault multiplayer again.

I liked wingriding.

AHahahahaha... You cheap bastard. XD

I remember doing that near the end of my multiplayer battle matches with friends... People rage quitted beacuse I basically had a flying shield. And if I remember right, the health doesn't go down if nobody is riding it.

Well we already know they're trying out some weird co-op modes, like the helicopter/robot thing and the "one player shoots one player flies" one which sounds...kind of horrifying.

I would like just a standard multiplayer like Assault's, albeit with way better balancing and an actual physics system.

I think it would be cool to have fully customizable characters and ships, as it would create a sense of identity in a multiplayer setting. Instead or having several Falcos or Wolfs running around, why not have player-made characters? I am all for customization.

and the "one player shoots one player flies" one which sounds...kind of horrifying.

Remember Star Wars Battlefront II?  That kind of thing in attackers and bombers was the shit!