Home Button Error

hoo

Question

Hey guys, in October I bought an Xperia PLAY off of ebay. About a month ago I started having errors with my home button. About 2-3 days after it has powered on, whenever I press the home button the screen will flash black for about an eighth of a second. Nothing changes. The only way for it to work for the 2-3 days is if when my activate phone message appears I need to press the back button until it closes out. If I press the home button it will flash black and will keep doing so until I reset my phone. I tried googling this problem, but it appears no one has haf this problem on Xperia PLAY. :/

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Model: R800x

Launcher: GoLauncher (P.S, it does this with all launchers, it just started happening about a day after installation.)

6 answers to this question

• Owner/Technical Admin

Have you tried doing a factory reset on your phone? What carrier are you on?

Even though they don't have the same phone model, other people have said a factory reset makes it worse. Right under the game pad it says Verizon, although it may not make a huge difference.

Oh yeah, my phone did start doing this after I rooted it, totally forgot about it. :P

That may be the source of your problem. Rooting your phone can lead to many technical bugs, which is why it voids your warranty. Unfortunately, I do not know much about rooting phones, so I can't really help you there.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Might have to flash back to stock unrooted and see how the phone acts.

Did you put a custom rom on it?  If so that might be the problem as opposed to rooting the phone being it.  Try other roms before flashing back to stock unrooted.