A minor chat suggestion

Scourge

Is it at all possible to directly be linked to someone's profile by clicking on them in the chatbox?

Manually searching for someone now involves wading through a river of people with the same letter at the start of their name...

Incredibly minor gripe, I know :|

This is a good idea.

Also Scourge, just click on the name on the bottom of the Community page. That would as a plan B.

This is a good idea.

Also Scourge, just click on the name on the bottom of the Community page. That would as a plan B.

I noticed that sometimes peoples names don't appear in the "People active in chat" section

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that's already possible. Just click on their image instead of the username, and you will be sent to their profile. I propose that this thread gets stickied and moved to the right location for future reference.

In the name's box within the chatroom, you can click on someone's avatar and be directed to their profile. However, if you are looking at the list of active users in the chat from the forum directory, the names don't link to profiles. I'm not sure if that's a fixable thing or not. I guess we'll see if DZ responds or not.

I'm asking overall if it's possible or not because I'm fairly certain the Chatbox is a separate module to the rest of the site and I don't know if it can be modified or not.

As for their avi's, I wasn't aware of that. The Avis didn't appear clickable to me but I suppose I'm wrong on this one. My bad then-- Thread purpose achieved.

I noticed that sometimes peoples names don't appear in the "People active in chat" section

Some people log on anonymously. That's why they don't show up. Or at least that's my theory.

I hardly ever see the anonymous users category with a number behind it.  I always thought it was a time thing.  Like, sometimes people are online for twenty-ish minutes, and the forum stops listing them as active, maybe that happens even when they're on the chatbox, or idling on the chat or something?

I'm not sure if there is a system behind it, but when I find people in the chatroom who aren't listed as active in chat tend to be afk/unresponsive. So it's probably the forum software listing them as idle, thus removing them from any active lists.

Chat is going to be overhauled probably for IPS 4.1. I don't want to make any changes to it yet.

The 4.0 version will be just an update to the 3.x version.