Nintendo smartphone concept

The VGM Lover

An interesting concept. Maybe if it's cheap enough, powerful enough, or fast enough, or if it can play games well enough.

But now, I take it to the experts: everyone over the age of 21.

This isn't a Nintendo smartphone concept, it's a "What if we turned a Game Boy into a Smart Phone" concept, and they admitted as much.

It's simultaneously a terrible design for a phone and a terrible design for a handheld game console.

The big issue is all the shit you have to attach to it. Want a camera? Put it in the slot. Want extra storage? Swap the camera for it because MicroSD cards are for losers. Want both? Too bad. Want to play games? Here, attach this awkward dongle with the buttons on it.

To fully use this device, you have to carry all that shit with you. That defeats the purpose of a smartphone: One device that serves all of your pocket computing and communication needs.

This would fail so hard it would make the Virtual Boy's sales look like the Wii's.

Edited by DZComposer

The big issue is all the shit you have to attach to it. Want a camera? Put it in the slot. Want extra storage? Swap the camera for it because MicroSD cards are for losers. Want both? Too bad. Want to play games? Here, attach this awkward dongle with the buttons on it.

Not to mention that it looks like the battery counts as one of those swappable items from the render.  Tough shit if you want to use any of the other attachments while having the device powered on, apparently.

Yeah but imagine how cool you'd feel whipping out all your little modules and going to town

You'd be like a cheesy bad movie techno-wizard

• Like 1

A concept is a concept. This probably won't happen, but I'll be honest, if Nintendo were to make a smartphone with some of these ideas built in, I'd be first in line.

Otherwise, just make a DS, but powerful enough to load a page with tons of videos in it, that take up a wackload of space. If the next DS can actually handle that, I'll just upgrade. No need for a smartphone!

Yeah but imagine how cool you'd feel whipping out all your little modules and going to town

You'd be like a cheesy bad movie techno-wizard

yeah but then imagine how dumb you'd feel when you realize you left the flux capacitor at home so now it doesn't work

• Like 2