Can't change email address

Pgpaw3

I tried to edit my email address assigned to my account today as I am currently using my uni one for some reason.

However, when I changed it to my hotmail, it never sent the verification email. I waited for 10 or so mins and tried resending it, but it never arrived, not even in junk.

I changed it back to my uni one for now, but I would like it to go through my hotmail (it arrived to my uni account almost immediately).

what browser are you using by chance? 

Have you tried the usual clear cookies and restart browser. 

Also thought it might not be sending a verification email since you need to put a password to change the info.

Have you tried the usual clear cookies and restart browser. 

Also thought it might not be sending a verification email since you need to put a password to change the info.

I tried that, but it did nothing. I also did put in the password, and nothing happened when I asked it to change to hotmail, but the same procedure happened when I asked it to change back to the uni one and it worked immediately.

I seem to remember I had this issue a few years ago when I originally had my account on my high school email, and it wouldn't go to my hotmail, so that's why I originally put it on my uni one, and then forgot about it when I set my uni email to forward to my personal account.

Try changing it again. If you don't get the verification after a couple of hours (sometimes Dreamhost's SMTP server lags), let me know in a PM and I will knock your account upside the head in the ACP and force the change. Make sure you don't make any typos, BTW.

Edited by DZComposer