I really don't want to leave you guys, but...

Fookes

I am not leaving for attention, I am not leaving for people to feel bad about themselves, I am leaving because recently, my parents found out about me being on SF-O, and they didn't like the fact that people swear on here, and they want me to leave this site. I, myself am perfectly fine with cussing, I have never been a huge fan of it, but I can tolerate it. I really love this site, and I don't want to leave, but  my parents are the boss of me, so I must obey them...

...None of you guys have to feel bad for cussing or any of that, as I said before, I can tolerate it. But I'm going to leave, and I don't know if I'll be coming back due to my overprotective parents being overprotective...

...I am really sorry, guys, but it's not really my decision. Good-bye. I'm not sure if we will meet again... :'(

"Although the parting hurts... The rest is in your hands." - Grovyle, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers Of Sky

We WILL meet again Kyubey. Whether it be on Steam or when you're allowed to return to this site, it's my belief that we will see each other again. For now though...

Fare thee well, friend.

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow."

"However, that parting need not last forever." - Happy Mask Salesman, Majora's Mask, N64, 2000.

4fb1e99d08441c2341cb5942f5b7d4b1.png

"Though we weren't together for long, thank-you everybody. It was fun."

• Like 1

There is a solution to this.

Not telling your parents you go to a Starfox Site for starters. 

There are plugins that censor swear words. Just use something like that and all should be well. It's what I would do.

See ya around Kyubey. We'll all miss you.

5 hours ago, Dr. Orange said:

There is a solution to this.

Not telling your parents you go to a Starfox Site for starters. 

I didn't tell them. They snooped... -_-

I will still be on the site until tomorrow afternoon so I can get all your farewells. But after that, I will be gone.

Not letting your parents snoop is the second choice.

Third is a VPN.

Oh... That's really bad...

I'd... leave a friendly reminder here but honestly I don't think there's much point to it. Usually trying to argue about this under these conditions only leads to pointless debate and goes full circle into having people upset and swear.

Guess the only winning move is not to play...

Well, while we haven't really personally talked before, it's sad to see a member go. I guess we'll see ya again if you ever do show up again.

Eh, there are counter measures. Simply comply with the request, let the tension subside, apply counter measures, and be back in few weeks or days tops.

For the "stay out of my business" variety of counter measures, contact me or equivalent explaining how they snoop.

For the "reason with them" variety, keep trying; a profanity filter might help.

Edited by Gestalt

Overprotective parents are overprotective.

Yes people swear here (myself being chief swear-er-man-guy) but it's all in good fun and it isn't directed hate at anyone. We're a kind and friendly bunch. Honest

Sad to see ya go.

I wouldn't advise subverting your parents. If they catch you doing that, you'll be in even more trouble.

It's unfortunate that some parents want to shield their children from words, but it is what it is.