OFFICIAL SFO DISCORD CHAT

Arashikage

There's a chat program called Discord, which can be found here https://discordapp.com/.  It's a much easier and group chat friendly client, and is getting a game overlay soon!  We hope that you will try it.  It's not just a downloadable program, but it works in a browser as well.

To join the official SFO Discord chat, follow this link. https://discord.gg/KjD8yxr

Sounds pretty sweet. If it's also cross-compatible with the Steam game overlay, then TF2 competitive gameplay, here I come!

Oh, yeah! I was about to suggest this but I wasn't sure if people were better fond of the Skype chat(s) here. I never really got around to properly use Skype thanks to some random technical issues and how it'd slow my connections and games to a crawl. '~'

Discord so far seems pretty versatile especially for those who don't really want the trouble of downloading anything. I personally like the app and its performance cost isn't really big.

They also have Battle.Net, Twitch and YT integration in the works, so I can see some Steam integration coming soon-ish.

Joined just now, same name as here.

6 hours ago, Arashikage said:

We hope that you will try it.

We hope to see you on the chat!

Kage, you be spooking me.

Don't be spooking me.

4 hours ago, Dr. Orange said:

Kage, you be spooking me.

Don't be spooking me.

Lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated.  Resistance is futile!

• Like 2

God, you people can never be satisfied.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2016 at 7:02 PM, Sideways said:

DO IT.

JUST DO IT.

DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS.

JUST DO IT!!! JOIN THE DISCORD CHAT!!

Not a big fan of Discord at the moment. It is still a new program, things can be improved.

While I like that it is basically Slack with voice chat (Slack has cool chat gimmicks, the ability to add separate channels, and use plugins), I don't like the program's lack of customization. Mumble allows me to change an array of settings, up to how I minimize and close the program. Discord on the other hand, treats me like an idiot and allows little option for change.

Thankfully, it's much faster to close and restart when it gets glitchy!

On 2/6/2016 at 6:37 AM, Hidi said:

Not a big fan of Discord at the moment. It is still a new program, things can be improved.

While I like that it is basically Slack with voice chat (Slack has cool chat gimmicks, the ability to add separate channels, and use plugins), I don't like the program's lack of customization. Mumble allows me to change an array of settings, up to how I minimize and close the program. Discord on the other hand, treats me like an idiot and allows little option for change.

Thankfully, it's much faster to close and restart when it gets glitchy!

It should be noted Skype is glitchy and buggy and it's not a new program.  Also Skype doesn't allow for the same customization you want either, yet you're on that.

I hate Skype too, and in the earlier days of the SF-O Skype chat I was hardly in the channel because I rarely had Skype open. I've started using it for other things, so I keep it open most of the time nowadays. What I would give for Skype to at least have push to talk...

Skype is probably best in terms of accessibility since everyone knows what Skype is. My preferred platform would be Mumble, but I'm probably the only one here who likes Mumble,

Skype does have push to talk. You just have to enable it in the options. Also it's more like "push to toggle mute" so you have to mute yourself to use it, then just temporarily unmute while pushing. It's had that feature for years.

• 4 months later...

Hell yeah, I finally have a use for discord.

• 1 year later...

hey can u put back in the group on discord i meant to sgn out of discord but i pushed leave the group is there any chance u can help me to bring me back to the group heers my discrord number plsu the name that goes to it

Fox James McCloud Jr. #1431

thank u and sorry about the mess

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still a thing / semi-active?  If so, FYI, the invite link has expired, so no one new can join it without a direct invite.

Is this still a thing / semi-active?  If so, FYI, the invite link has expired, so no one new can join it without a direct invite.

Send a PM to one of the discord mods, @Arashikage or @Fedora, for a new invite link.

• Sideways pinned and featured this topic

See the original post in this thread or the main page for the Discord invite link, and please disregard previous posts requesting that you send a PM to Arashikage or Fedora. 

Yeah....Discord seems to be the only thing about (actually related to) this site that's active. This site has been going slow and I have been using it very often.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, fanfictiondreamer said:

Yeah....Discord seems to be the only thing about (actually related to) this site that's active. This site has been going slow and I have been using it very often.

The relative quietness can be partly attributed to a site software switch that's in the works, to be completed sometime in the future.  The instant gratification of Discord does tend to attract a wide audience as well.