The Creepiest-Looking Question

Ellipzocore

This is by far the creepiest question I have ever seen in any type of textbook for any class. This is a logic problem for rules of inference in my Discrete Math class. I know the answer to the question is actually not creepy, but the wording is creepy.

20160215_122827_zpspsgb1uiz_edit_1455557

Buying lots of stuff is good for both the U.S. and you.

In terms of economics, yeah. Keeps the flow of money and consumerism. So it helps the U.S.

On the other hand unregulated business is never good for the people. I'm going to cite the hosting market collapse as one example of deregulation.

And of course what's good for the United States doesn't exist. To many variables. 

Fun fact: In the U.S., a corporation is seen as a personal entity under law, so therefore has the same rights as a person. (But can pretty much do more, because hey, why not frack or drill up the ground for money?)

Matt Bors, an American comic artist wrote a book and made satirical comics based around that fact. It's a good read http://www.mattbors.com/store/life-begins-at-incorporation-digital-version/

On 2/15/2016 at 3:41 PM, Hidi said:

because hey, why not frack or drill up the ground for money?

Because of money and of jobs and of environmental discourse and of water contamination and of homeland energy and of 'Murica.

7 hours ago, Dr. Orange said:

Because of money and of jobs and of environmental discourse and of water contamination and of homeland energy and of 'Murica.

Until we learn how to molten salt reactors and intelligent with energiez.