Why Star Fox Zero seems to be a remake of past Star Fox Games

StarFoxMaster64

I am writing this in response to the new trailer, as some have been a little concerned about it being too similar to Star Fox 64. If you haven't seen it, here is the link 

With Star Fox Zero's release getting closer, the one big question on a lot of people's minds has been "Why does this game just seem to be a remake of Star Fox 64?" Throughout the trailers we've seen a lot of remembrance of past games such as Star Fox 64's combat system, the walker from Star Fox 2, etc etc. There has been some questioning, mainly in the general public, why it seems so similar. Well if you ask me, it should not be a complaint, it should be a majorly good sign if anything.

If anyone has ever watched the Youtube show The Nostalgia Critic, specifically his review on Star Wars Episode VII, when a series goes in the wrong direction you have to prove you can do it well again before going onto new things. Star Fox Zero isn't just a remake, it's a rebirth. To show that yes, in the past Nintendo made some horrible mistakes with the series, but they want to bring back what people loved and show they can make the series good again before moving into a new chapter. Not only that but though it's like the past they are doing what the people asked. Most of the fans just wanted the simple shoot-em up 3D game we had since the original back in 1993. Star Fox 64 was the biggest hit in the entire series, then took a huge decline in the Gamecube era. When Star Fox Adventures came out, many fans felt quite betrayed, and with Assault on Gamecube and Command on the DS adding some insult to injury it practically killed the series, mainly because it didn't get the love the series deserved. Nintendo has other games they should bring back as well of course (Metroid and F-Zero are two examples) but we'll save that discussion for another time. 

Star Fox 64 3D was a popular remake but it didn't prove Nintendo could bring back the series. All it did, was prove they could update the graphics, voice acting, music, and overall controls. (Though I did not like the voice acting and music as much in this one). Star Fox Zero may be similar, but it's a completely new polished game that, on release date, will prove if Nintendo is worthy or not to continue a beloved series to many Nintendo fans. After seeing this trailer, I am very excited. I felt quite disappointed after Command and 3D was a great remake, but I didn't get the feel there was going to be more games. This game will prove whether or not, the series will regain it's fans and Nintendo can bring back the shoot em up we always loved. I've got the game on pre-order, it'll be waiting for me on April 22nd, until then let's all get ready for the greatness to return (hopefully).

Miyamoto basically said at E3 last year that this game is what you said it is: a rebirth. It isn't a straight remake but a reimagining, somehting that takes great ideas from all previous works and melds them together. After the latest Nintendo Direct I've nothing but excitement for SFZ.

• Like 1

Well, since I haven't played the original SNES version or the unreleased SF 2, I have seen videos of them, and therefore, the bosses. I did notice the Dodora thing that DZ pointed out earlier.

If I ever get this, it would be a wonderful thing to experience these bosses in HD, even if I haven't fought their polygon version.