Old Lurker, New Member

Tiger Carson

Good day everyone, (And to those having a bad day, cheer up, it could always be worse), I'm someone who's not been in the Star Fox community for ages, and only last night made an account here.  Though I have been keeping an eye on the site for quite some time.  Last, and only one, I was on was Arwing Landing, anyone remember that old place? (Sure is sad how it turned out, had some fun there before it shut down.) I was known as Strike Slasher back there, but for rather obvious reasons I've abandoned that old name.  Been getting back into the forum scene a teeny bit lately.

I also have been a fan ever since the Star Fox 64 days, with that game still being one of my favorites.  There really isn't a game I don't like that I've played so far, and I have played all the officially released ones save for SFZ and SFG.  With one exception, SFSNES, but only because it's so hard to control with the SNES controller, especially since SF64 was my first experience. (Course, I was really young back then, and stunk at playing games, only being decent these days.) Yes, that means I don't hate SFC, at least, completely.  The way it was handled story wise, I'm glad it's not canon anymore. (I have looked at Abdallah's choose your own adventure videos, and have spoiled myself on all aspects of SFZ.  I think we can all agree what in there makes SFC no longer canon at all, and it's a big one, but due to it being spoilery, I won't say it here.  Best to make a topic about it, or post in a topic about it.) However; this doesn't mean I don't like any aspect of it.  The ships handled similarly, but they were different visually, and had unique weapons and load outs for the most part.  Music was great for the DS, and the map feature was pretty fun to work with, if a bit stressful when getting low on turns.  Don't get me wrong, it's not a good game, but it's not horrid either, just mediocre.  That said, I did enjoy all of the games I've played when the controls weren't too awkward for me to eventually get the handle of.  Interesting story, characters that all have a funny side to them for the most part, wonderful and memorable music in most entries, fun game play in most, just great as a series all around.  Little wonder it's stuck with those who played the games.

Also, like MegaManNG, I'm one of those people who doesn't despise Slippy.  Infact, I'm completely confused with why people hate him so much.  His voice wasn't that grating, and I've heard some Primus awful acting in my day(Donkey Kong Country the TV Show anyone?).  But the powers that be have decided that Slippy must have a lower pitched voice, which is fine I suppose.  Making him sound like Miles "Tails" Prower's current actress is a good choice, it could be worse, way worse.

Let's see, what else...  Oh, I do enjoy role playing, as you'll note in my profile with my bare bones character bio.  But it's been some time since I've done any actual role playing, and a very long time since I've done any forum role playing.  The group I rped with seems to have moved on, and we no longer rp together, so I'm in the market as it were.

Anyways, I think I've said enough for now.  Sorry for the near wall of text, I just had a lot to say.  Probably won't be as wordy in the future except for certain topics and when rping.

• Like 1

Hello there! My name is Kyubey! Welcome to the site! :)

I agree with you about Slippy. I think he can be annoying at times, but I don't despise him. ;)

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Here, have a fishy stick!

Thank you SF Alba, and don't mind if I do.  I like fish as much as cats, my favorite animals, do.

Also, cool Kyubey, nice to know that there are more people who don't despise Slippy than I thought.  I thought I was very rare in that respect, but I guess it's like they say, don't believe everything you see on the internet.  Though probably am rare in that I like him, don't love him, but I like him. (Then again, I've always liked Frogs.)

• Like 1

Welcome to crazyville. Please keep in mind that your Blue and Orange overlords are always watching.

Praise B to Zimbabwe.

:welcome: to the site.  It's always good to see folks drop by from ArwingLanding, or rather the remnants of what it once was. 

Yeah, it's sad to see how it is now.  But I am hoping to get something of a new start here.  Can't help but wonder how many Arwing Landing alumni are here though...  But thank you for the welcome OneUnder, and you too Scourge.  Though if I may ask, why that name, Scourge?  I think of the Transformers with the same name when I see it.

I was a big Warriors fanboy when I was a kid. In a bold stroke of unoriginality, I nicked the name from one of the book's main antagonists and added "claw" at the end.

"Scourgeclaw" is typically the name I go by but everyone refers to me as "Scourge" anyway so I've just resigned to using the shortened version.

Hello and welcome from my side as well! Awesome to see people coming from AL over here..I used to be very active in the old forum as well, though I was known there as 'Mrs.Catfish'. Really sad it's gone. (Like the german StarFox forum I used to be..all vanished.. )

Also there a more people who like Slippy then one may think. I like that adorable frog a lot too!

To Scourge: Huh, interesting.  When it comes to me, it's kind of the other way around.  Originally, just making alternate universe versions of my Sonic FC, I had a somewhat more original name.  But as can be seen up there, it's probably not the best name for a Star Fox FC.  I only recently started making Star Fox Fan Characters again, and a revision for my primary one was needed.  Unoriginally, I named him after his species.  But then, most characters are named after their species anyways.  But, it does allow me to have the much more appropriate name Star Tiger for the team(s) he leads without it being a head scratcher.  Still, interesting to note.

To Mecha-Katt: Thank you, and Mrs. Catfish, huh?  Hmm, that name could be familiar...  I think I stopped visiting AL by about 2008 or something though.  Been waaay too long.  But yeah, also as I'm learning, it really is a myth that everyone hates Slippy.  So I'm glad to be seeing personally that there are a lot of people who like that frog.  I think it'll also help with SFZ and the short made for it to help turn his image around for the better.

I am late.

Hello.

Never too late to say hello Arminius.  I'm still getting established here. XD

Like I said to Arminius, never too late to say hello Hoobanana.  By the by, interesting name, may I ask how you came up with it?

Guess I'm tardy to the introduction party, since my tablet battery decided to cut out on me last night. Derp.

Either way, welcome to SF-O! The name's Clearwater, but feel free to simply call me Clear. I'm SF-O's resident Blue Spix Macaw and local British guy.

8 hours ago, Tiger Carson said:

Like I said to Arminius, never too late to say hello Hoobanana.  By the by, interesting name, may I ask how you came up with it?

Something involving a certain Scooby-Doo game on the PS1, and him and his brother raging at it. As for mine, I made up a character in one of my Rio fanfics and liked the name so much I took it for myself.

Enjoy your stay here!

Clearwater

Thank you Clearwater, it's been an enjoyable one so far.  And again, it's never too late to say hello. XD