Chanting in Zero's Music

That Ain't Falco

So several pieces of Zero's soundtrack have vocals in them that are more than simple pitches, and sound like Latin chanting. If anyone could discern and translate the vocals, would they care to share? Now, I could also just be hearing things wrong, and I can definitely tell that some of the pieces containing vocals just use the choir for sounds and tones, both Star Wolf and Andross have themes that, to my ear, appear to contain the chanting. What's being said would be nice to identify.

• Like 1

I can't translate it, but you're not the only one who is hearing a Latin Chant in some of those tracks.  There is definitely Latin Chanting in there.

Edit: Pretty sure there definitely is, Star Wolf, Asteroid Belt, and Fortuna(Not the ones with any additional stuff to it) sound like they have some chants or chant like bits in there.  Not the typical canned choir sound usually heard with a cheaply produced sound track.  To my ears anyways.

Edit 2: I can confirm without a doubt now that there are tracks with Latin Chanting in them.  The one titled Andross has Latin Chanting.

Edited by Tiger Carson
Edited for addition of info.

Highly likely they're meaningless.

I don't think they used this particular library (I have it and I can't make it sound like that), but most choir libraries do something similar:

My guess is that either CineSamples VOXOS or Tonehammer Requiem was used in SFZ. I love EWQL's Word Builder, but it just can't legato like these other two, and I heard some nice legato in SFZ's choral parts.